5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

EJ84

Reaction score
Anyone finding better prices then amazons $293.00? Thanks in advance

U

User_67930

I agree with everyone, when I put it on mine it made a world of difference. Doesn't feel all sloppy anymore.

I got mine on ebay, used for $140.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Military can get it (swaybar by itself) at the exchange for $196. End-links are another $93. (Ouch! I forgot what the links cost.)

Jack.

Reaction score
Put them on my Laramie yesterday, you guys are right this thing is amazing, notice the different right away. I also used the middle setting, only thing i did different was i read that because of where i live with the winter salt and etc they tend to rust really fast so i just ended up spraying it down with some VHT chassis paint then poped it in.

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
Alright, i'll add another testament here. Thanks to @c3k for the advice and this post. Installed mine yesterday. I set mine to the stiffest (closest) hole of the 3. Factory endlinks. I have not done a full blown test, but I will say just going around the block, my BigHorn feels like it pulls the steering arc in better and doesnt feel like it wants to wander wide on turns (a sensation from the body roll). For me, not "transformative" (but then again, havent went and hauled the potatoes yet in it), but it did make a difference. I think It took me all of 1/2 hour to do. I used the box it came in as my "mat" to lay out on. I had some Energy Suspension Urethane Bushing grease in a jar and slathered that everywhere. I do not think Hellwig provides enough tbh.

I highly recommend making your life easy if you are considering this and installing yourself to also purchase a set of pass-thru socket & ratchet set like this - https://www.autozone.com/ratchets-s...yoNWFqfsUelrUcB9BFxoChJgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

It made removing the end links a breeze. I used an 18mm pass-through and 1/4 drive 8mm on the inner end link hex to hold it still.

Rmazzei

Reaction score
better price? Can not find it at all. Everyplace I try to order from is telling me 10-12 weeks out for thnm to receive it from Hellwig. Seems nobody keeps parts in stock anymore

Jokersreven9e

Reaction score
Just got mine from Summit Racing last week. Super quick shipping. Was under $300 shipped.

I believe I saw that Amazon wouldn’t be warrantied since they aren’t an approved seller.

Floyd

Reaction score
I like the tightest setting, but wet traction is a little lacking on corners. Is it the tighter sway bar or the crappy stock good years?

Anyone else on the tightest setting with thoughts?

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
I like the tightest setting, but wet traction is a little lacking on corners. Is it the tighter sway bar or the crappy stock good years?

Anyone else on the tightest setting with thoughts?
Only speaking for me - Have not yet driven in wet with this set up, but also I have 3.92 rear end gearing which makes for eye-opening winter driving im sure. I also just added a Pedal Commander to make it even more responsive haha. Apparently I like to live dangerously

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still haven’t done the sway bar but I did order the adjustable hellwig end links since I’ve lowered the rear 3”. Just got word yesterday, 10 week back order.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Litve my Hellwig. Set it to stiffest setting right off the bat because I like cornering. Makes it real easy to push the front tires through cloverleaf onramps without even trying.

popstatwo

Reaction score
I still haven’t done the sway bar but I did order the adjustable hellwig end links since I’ve lowered the rear 3”. Just got word yesterday, 10 week back order.
Part number on those end links?

Curlymurt

Reaction score
Same experience as everyone else, but started on firmest because I tow a 4400-4800# SINGLE axle camper, which tends to sway. I have the Timber Groves on 7 or 8psi (soft, daily driving) without a trailer and it reduces the body roll. I took a turn quite sharply and felt the front end roll a bit but the rear didn't, at all.

I've had a couple of instances in a few thousand miles where the rear tires skip sideways when hitting a bump while turning. It's because it's so stiff. I also have e rated 10 ply tires. If got watch closely at race cars, you'll see them skip sideways... Same phenomenon.

For towing, I still get SOME sway, but it's much more manageable. It's no longer a floating side to side wobbly sway that feels uncontrollable. Corrections feel tight and proper.

Users who are viewing this thread