5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What if you drop the rear 2”?
you might need them, I have 2” lowering springs but I also have airlift 1000’s so the rear only dropped 1.5”

I’m still using stock endlinks on middle hole and the bar is just slightly tilted, a true 2” drop might require a link change for best results.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you might need them, I have 2” lowering springs but I also have airlift 1000’s so the rear only dropped 1.5”

I’m still using stock endlinks on middle hole and the bar is just slightly tilted, a true 2” drop might require a link change for best results.
This is further confirmation for me that going up 1 inch in the front and down 1 inch in the rear to level the truck is the way to go (if you're not looking to put bigger tires...which I guess most people are, but I'm not, at least not right now).

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is further confirmation for me that going up 1 inch in the front and down 1 inch in the rear to level the truck is the way to go (if you're not looking to put bigger tires...which I guess most people are, but I'm not, at least not right now).
Indeed it is, I wanted a slight rake because I do occasionally tow and with the 1.5 inch drop I actually got out of my setup there is just about an inch or so between the front and rear.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I almost went this route as well. If you tow, then the 1.5” rear drop around what you need usually.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I almost went this route as well. If you tow, then the 1.5” rear drop around what you need usually.
I will be towing a TT eventually but I also have the air sus so that should level me back out (instead of someone without the air sus having a "level" truck when hooked up because of the rear-end squat).

Honestly, I thought I wouldn't mind the rake but the more I look at it the more it bugs me. Kinda the same idea behind why I refuse to own a vehicle without dual exhaust/tail pipes, the non-symmetry drives me nuts lol

So I don't want to get into changing wheels or getting bigger tires (that mess with my speedometer and require spacers and generally hurt your gas mileage, etc.), but I do want to level the truck. So I'm going to try the Revel links (front raising/rear lowering) and go up in the front about an inch, and down in the back about an inch, and see how that looks/feels.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2in lowering springs only lower it 1.5in and you still have some rake left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guyc

Reaction score
partsengine.ca has the 7709 at CDN$405, minus 10% boxing week special this week, free delivery. Best price I’ve seen up North so far.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Well, ordered mine tonight after reading through this thread. I really gotta stay off this forum...

I checked what felt like a million places and it looks like the cheapest price is $311.05 with free shipping. I went with Summit Racing since they're shipping it out of Ohio so I figured they would be fastest to Kentucky.

blue_by_you

Reaction score
for anyone with the rear lowered 2" are different length endlinks needed?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, ordered mine tonight after reading through this thread. I really gotta stay off this forum...

I checked what felt like a million places and it looks like the cheapest price is $311.05 with free shipping. I went with Summit Racing since they're shipping it out of Ohio so I figured they would be fastest to Kentucky.
That's about what I paid for mine.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
for anyone with the rear lowered 2" are different length endlinks needed?
Not really needed but for the sway bar to perform correctly it should be level with the ground. I went with the hellwig adjustable end links.

NRitland2

Reaction score

Went with summit cause it was cheaper or closer to you for shipping?

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Arrived Monday and installed tonight. My garage isn't deep enough to close the door with my truck in it so it was a chilly experience at 35 degrees. But that wasn't the worst of it. One of the D brackets was c0ckeyed and one of the holes wasn't drilled big enough. It took me a long while to get that sorted out. Could I have called Hellwig to send me another bracket to make my life easier? Yes. Was I too stubborn to do that? Also yes. Three hours into a 45-minutes project and she's all buttoned up. In the morning, this thing better drive as good as y'all say it will :ROFLMAO:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Arrived Monday and installed tonight. My garage isn't deep enough to close the door with my truck in it so it was a chilly experience at 35 degrees. But that wasn't the worst of it. One of the D brackets was c0ckeyed and one of the holes wasn't drilled big enough. It took me a long while to get that sorted out. Could I have called Hellwig to send me another bracket to make my life easier? Yes. Was I too stubborn to do that? Also yes. Three hours into a 45-minutes project and she's all buttoned up. In the morning, this thing better drive as good as y'all say it will :ROFLMAO:
I'd still contact Hellwig to get the correct bushing mount. Several reports of the wrong ones being supplied.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd still contact Hellwig to get the correct bushing mount. Several reports of the wrong ones being supplied.

I second that. Great customer service and technical support…they stand behind their product, for sure. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread