5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

E.Hands

Reaction score
Which has more torsional rigidity: A 7709 at it's maximum setting or a 7793 at it's softest setting?
Below is the reply from Hellwig:

"The 7709 on the 3 hole is 116 lbs/in
And on the 7793 on th 1st hole is 123 lbs/in"
Thank you,
Kevin Parriera

Hellwig Products Company, Inc.
Customer Service
Tech Support
559-334-6283
559-734-7451 Fax
www.hellwigproducts.com

I think I'll go with the 7709
BTW-the sub $200 bars on Amazon never mention the Hellwig brand name even once. I will be purchasing from them directly.

Last edited:

E.Hands

Reaction score
Ok, my second day driving with the 7709 in the middle setting: 😍
The change wasn’t drastic but it was significant. It's not what it does, it's what it doesn't do.
In 2 words: predictable control.

I had installed new Bilstein rear shocks P/N 24-228848 the week before. Both were easy DIY installs and restored a better than new ride quality with no harshness what so ever.
Having said that, the Hellwig bar is a smidgen(1/16") smaller than the Laramie Longhorn bar that I took off. (Solid vs hollow?)
I will be trying the tightest/closest hole setting next week, just because this improvement did not compromise in straight line ride quality at all.
Previously I had leveled the truck by lowering the rear through the use of Revel links. And whilst I did like the lower center of gravity when I swung the back end around, I did not like "lower spring rate" feeling of having less nitrogen pressure in the rear bags. (and being so close to the bottom-out bump stops). So I went back to the factory links.
In conclusion I feel that these two upgrades (Bilstein & Hellwig) are a "must do" on any Ram. And if you have raised your truck or do any towing at all I would recommend going with the 7793
If you would happen to feel like the 7793 is too much bar, I would be game to an even swap! 😁

Last edited:

E.Hands

Reaction score
Anyone have any negative winter-specific driving experiences with Hellwig installed?
Frame of reference: Upstated NY, stock Bridgestones on the stock 20's, like to go skiing.
On snow and ice it may increase oversteer: the back end stepping out in corners.
If this is the case I would suggest using the outer most hole in the winter.
And get rid of those stock bridgestones! 😁

Users who are viewing this thread