5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headers and a Cam?

Punderwo

Reaction score
Just for reference:

You can see all my mods in my signature, but hear are the main.... LT Headers, 87 TB, .5 CAM, CAI, B2 Exhaust and Tune by Jay Greene.

rwhp was 374 / rwtq 418 with just a basic tune after that Jay Greene started with a few adjustments and data logging it more and more... Now we believe it is about 385 or more.... I will go have another dyno done next year. For sure there is still a little more hp left in it. Jay is supper at tuning, I know I will be or I am already am at 400 rwhp.

the first pull was 341 rwhp with mods of: LT Headers, 87 TB, CAI and the B2 Exhaust

Hope this info is helpful. see dyno chart attached.... Keeping in mind this is before Jay started doing multiple tunes and me sending him data log... data log ;)

Great Dyno sheet. No offense, but your not making 420rwtq. That's a spike at the start of the run which is common. Your making 365rwtq which is still a very nice and substantial gain, just thought I would point out the true tq number which is very very good still.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just for reference:

You can see all my mods in my signature, but hear are the main.... LT Headers, 87 TB, .5 CAM, CAI, B2 Exhaust and Tune by Jay Greene.

rwhp was 374 / rwtq 418 with just a basic tune after that Jay Greene started with a few adjustments and data logging it more and more... Now we believe it is about 385 or more.... I will go have another dyno done next year. For sure there is still a little more hp left in it. Jay is supper at tuning, I know I will be or I am already am at 400 rwhp.

the first pull was 341 rwhp with mods of: LT Headers, 87 TB, CAI and the B2 Exhaust

Hope this info is helpful. see dyno chart attached.... Keeping in mind this is before Jay started doing multiple tunes and me sending him data log... data log ;)
Did you have to add a AFR gauge for him to tune?

lrobbi

Reaction score
Great Dyno sheet. No offense, but your not making 420rwtq. That's a spike at the start of the run which is common. Your making 365rwtq which is still a very nice and substantial gain, just thought I would point out the true tq number which is very very good still.
Thanks. yes I am aware of the actual numbers on that sheet, that was just a base tune, I look forward to the next dyne as it has been retuned and data logged - along with some other additions.

lrobbi

Reaction score
Did you mount the gauge somewhere? Any pics/info on that?

Here is the wide band gauge and unit that I used;
IMG_8953.jpeg
Are are few pics, not to happy with the gauge holder as this is a temporary spot to place it for now. It will be relocated later... Fabricating something for a better location. The gauge itself is extremely thin.
IMG_8953.jpeg IMG_8952.jpeg

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Here is the wide band gauge and unit that I used;
View attachment 42804
Are are few pics, not to happy with the gauge holder as this is a temporary spot to place it for now. It will be relocated later... Fabricating something for a better location. The gauge itself is extremely thin.
View attachment 42804 View attachment 42805
Thanks man! I have to figure out a way to mount one a bit more incognito than that.

JeffJr

Reaction score
I’m not sure about cams for the 19s but in the past ram owners reported 20-30 hp tuned from LTs depending on other mods you got. I’m waiting for kooks to come out with theirs. The exhaust pipe connections are different on the 19 then the 4th gen. 4th gens used clamps where the 5th gen pipes bolt to each other. Kooks mentioned they were coming out with ones that were a direct bolt on that didn’t require cutting and welding last I talked to them.
I have the new kooks headers and green car y-pipes installed on my 2019 RAM Rebel

NDanecker

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with just headers unless you unlock and tune it for the mods done. no box tune will work well. best advice is to seak out a tuner. you can turn the wrenches but tuning requires experience and every engine is different along with driving style. it's worth the money.

cam will give you greatest gains. stock mds cam is gutless.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with just headers unless you unlock and tune it for the mods done. no box tune will work well. best advice is to seak out a tuner. you can turn the wrenches but tuning requires experience and every engine is different along with driving style. it's worth the money.

cam will give you greatest gains. stock mds cam is gutless.

Where do I get the cams?

Schnitz

Reaction score
$3700 for headers? That's insane!!! Why not add a supercharger and call it a day?

NDanecker

Reaction score
$3700 for headers? That's insane!!! Why not add a supercharger and call it a day?
that's probably installed? yea....costs money to go fast(er). blowers are more involved than you think as least if done right. most blower packages will cost you 13k+ installed. good luck finding one for a 2019 too. :)

Schnitz

Reaction score
that's probably installed? yea....costs money to go fast(er). blowers are more involved than you think as least if done right. most blower packages will cost you 13k+ installed. good luck finding one for a 2019 too. :)
That's for the part only. Install would be on top. A simple turbo kit is no more that $2500 if you go the Ebay route which thousands are doing incl. myself and make stupid power. Install is relatively easy if you're mechanically inclined. A complete supercharger kit is $6500 plus tune plus install. I'd suggest anyone interested in more power save up and go forced induction at this point.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ solid point. I miss my modded turbo car. Low pressure, quality tune. Be fun and all kinds of new sounds. Plus, having ET and trying to add a SC is going to be tough and I’m sure added $$

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
^^^ solid point. I miss my modded turbo car. Low pressure, quality tune. Be fun and all kinds of new sounds. Plus, having ET and trying to add a SC is going to be tough and I’m sure added $$
Etorque and my procharger work just fine together

Users who are viewing this thread