5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone tried 305 45 22" Tires on their stock 22" rims?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just ordered them from my wholesaler and will have them in 2 hours at my shop. All the techs are slammed up until the July 4th holiday, so guess I’m learning how to use the new tire machine.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Post pics
I realized after I posted that this thread is for stock wheels, and mine aren’t going on stock wheels. You want me post pics later anyway? They’re sitting and waiting for me to put on the truck right now:
IMG_0137.jpeg

TheSasquatch

Reaction score
Hello Fellas.
I love that this thread seems to keep going on for people who are replacing / adding wheels and tires.
I'm on my third Ram Limited in 9 years. I've got a 2023 Limited EcoDiesel coming in a couple weeks (now that the recall is being performed!!) and I'm thinking of doing the Vossen HF6-4 in the 22x10 (rather than the 22x9) and Toyo ATiii's in the 305/45/22. Wondering if any of you have or know anyone who has done a 22x10 and a 305. I'm not as worried about rubbing so much as the "look" with the 22x10 with -18 offset (the Vossen 22x10 only comes in the -18). I don't want it to have that "sticking-out look" very much. A little bit is the perfect amount. I can't seem to find anyone with this combo. Every google search only comes up with TRX's with this setup (which has, obviously, has 10 foot wide fenders lol).
If any of you have any knowledge of what a 22x10 with a negative offset in this same range, I'd love to hear and / or see your thoughts!
**I've got 305/55r20's on my 2019 RAM Limited right now (General Grabbers) with Fuel Zephyr 22x9 -0 wheels. Loved the Grabbers but they ARE a little bit of a "flat" tread top so they have always "slapped" the road on potholes, etc a bit. But I've liked the setup. This time, however, I want to do the Vossens in this -18. Just don't want it to stick out more than a little. :)
-Cheers.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Hello Fellas.
I love that this thread seems to keep going on for people who are replacing / adding wheels and tires.
I'm on my third Ram Limited in 9 years. I've got a 2023 Limited EcoDiesel coming in a couple weeks (now that the recall is being performed!!) and I'm thinking of doing the Vossen HF6-4 in the 22x10 (rather than the 22x9) and Toyo ATiii's in the 305/45/22. Wondering if any of you have or know anyone who has done a 22x10 and a 305. I'm not as worried about rubbing so much as the "look" with the 22x10 with -18 offset (the Vossen 22x10 only comes in the -18). I don't want it to have that "sticking-out look" very much. A little bit is the perfect amount. I can't seem to find anyone with this combo. Every google search only comes up with TRX's with this setup (which has, obviously, has 10 foot wide fenders lol).
If any of you have any knowledge of what a 22x10 with a negative offset in this same range, I'd love to hear and / or see your thoughts!
**I've got 305/55r20's on my 2019 RAM Limited right now (General Grabbers) with Fuel Zephyr 22x9 -0 wheels. Loved the Grabbers but they ARE a little bit of a "flat" tread top so they have always "slapped" the road on potholes, etc a bit. But I've liked the setup. This time, however, I want to do the Vossens in this -18. Just don't want it to stick out more than a little. :)
-Cheers.
22x10 -18, 285/50/22. I stayed with a 285 tire to ensure i didnt rub the UCA and need spacers. Hope it helps give you a little better idea of what you may end up with.

Stock 22's go on next week and I'm changing out the Pirellis (600 miles) to Toyo OC AT3's in 285/50/22. Can send pics once changed over if that would help.

Attachments

• 20230921_095541.jpg
    20230921_095541.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230921_095529.jpg
    20230921_095529.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 46

TheSasquatch

Reaction score
22x10 -18, 285/50/22. I stayed with a 285 tire to ensure i didnt rub the UCA and need spacers. Hope it helps give you a little better idea of what you may end up with.

Stock 22's go on next week and I'm changing out the Pirellis (600 miles) to Toyo OC AT3's in 285/50/22. Can send pics once changed over if that would help.
Thanks a ton MP. That WAS helpful to see the protrusion. I actually don't think I'll do -18's based on your photos.
Why are you going back to stock? I'm genuinely interested. I gave my Dad my 2019 Limited and he's driven it for a couple years with Fuel wheels with a -0 and Grabber tires. I just found him some stock night edition wheels and the better Pirelli 3 AS's and he loves it so much more. I think I just don't like how small the stock tires look with highway tread so I'm looking for a 'happy medium'. I'd do the Vossen wheels in the 22x9 but they only come in a +20 which don't even look as good as the stock wheels because of that offset.
Anyway, thanks for the pics! Let me know why you're going back to stock! (You may have already said in this thread-- I'll have to go back and read)
Thanks again!

mplaramie

Reaction score
Thanks a ton MP. That WAS helpful to see the protrusion. I actually don't think I'll do -18's based on your photos.
Why are you going back to stock? I'm genuinely interested. I gave my Dad my 2019 Limited and he's driven it for a couple years with Fuel wheels with a -0 and Grabber tires. I just found him some stock night edition wheels and the better Pirelli 3 AS's and he loves it so much more. I think I just don't like how small the stock tires look with highway tread so I'm looking for a 'happy medium'. I'd do the Vossen wheels in the 22x9 but they only come in a +20 which don't even look as good as the stock wheels because of that offset.
Anyway, thanks for the pics! Let me know why you're going back to stock! (You may have already said in this thread-- I'll have to go back and read)
Thanks again!
Glad it helped! You never want to make a big purchase and regret it or do it again.... lol

Going back to stock for two reasons. First is winter and dont want the 4Play wheels damaged. Just grabbed Toyo OC AT3'S 285/50/22 for the stock rims because I hate the stock Pirellis. AT3'S were $1600 for all 4 at the dealer. Second, I'm ordering another Ram. Going from a 23 to 24 but changing colors from Black to Granite Gray plus adding all options. Figured last year of the Hemi so get the dream truck.

TheSasquatch

Reaction score
Glad it helped! You never want to make a big purchase and regret it or do it again.... lol

Going back to stock for two reasons. First is winter and don't want the 4Play wheels damaged. Just grabbed Toyo OC AT3'S 285/50/22 for the stock rims because I hate the stock Pirellis. AT3'S were $1600 for all 4 at the dealer. Second, I'm ordering another Ram. Going from a 23 to 24 but changing colors from Black to Granite Gray plus adding all options. Figured last year of the Hemi so get the dream truck.
Haha we're very similar. I got the Pirelli AS3+ tires for my '19 that I gave to my Dad because they (apparently) have the highest on-road / rain / quiet rating and the stock Pirellis are so horrible. I would've done the Toyos but he wants street / highway more than all-season.
I'm just getting this '23 EcoDiesel because it's the last year of the diesel and my buddy has had two and [for my use on the freeway mostly] the mileage is over 30mpg. And they're just so smooth. I've had three Limited's with the hemi and don't need the rip your head-off off-the-line type of power in a truck. lol
This '23- since it's the "last" of the EcoDiesel, I wanted to go weird and as decked as possible so I got the Elite package. I wanted the crazy tan (sea salt) interior because I'm just sick of black on everything I do. Because of the Elite pkg, you can't (also) get the Nite Edition-- which is just dumb. So I blew $2800 ordering all of the Nite Edition grill / trim / badging. I'm a little over the top but figured it's the perfect truck to keep for a while. '19 was Granite Crystal and so is this new '23. I like all the colors and I would've done differently this time but it's the only one I could find with the Elite / Diesel and crazy deal. Sticker $84K -- deal right now is $65K.
Thanks for the additional info! I'll update on things when I finish.

Users who are viewing this thread