5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone tried 305 45 22" Tires on their stock 22" rims?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking at these larger tires to replace the stock Goodyears and wondered if anyone has tried them or what is the largest size anyone has tried on the 22" with 4x4 Air Suspension. I am looking for tires that don't rub in any of the Air Ride heights.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find anyone that has done these tires with stock height, Air Ride, and 22". Everyone has either the 20" wheels, a lift, a level, etc.... However after using the tire size calculator at a different website compared to the 33 12.5 22" Tires that another person put on that rub slightly I am going to try these 305 45 22" tires as they are .5 inch slimmer and .2 inch shorter than the tires that rub slightly at full lock.

vinnie45acp

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find anyone that has done these tires with stock height, Air Ride, and 22". Everyone has either the 20" wheels, a lift, a level, etc.... However after using the tire size calculator at a different website compared to the 33 12.5 22" Tires that another person put on that rub slightly I am going to try these 305 45 22" tires as they are .5 inch slimmer and .2 inch shorter than the tires that rub slightly at full lock.
Did you ever get these tires? if so how did they fit? If not did you ever get your answer? I'm trying to find out the same info. Looking to put Nitto Ridge Grappler's of that size on it.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you ever get these tires? if so how did they fit? If not did you ever get your answer? I'm trying to find out the same info. Looking to put Nitto Ridge Grappler's of that size on it.

I have 19,200 miles on the truck and will be trying these when they are worn out. Probably another 15-18 months until I need to replace them.

vinnie45acp

Reaction score
I run them and they rub ever so slightly. I trimmed about an inch off the liners underneath where they touched. Took 5 minutes and no more rub.
Thanks for the confirmation, how does the truck ride compared to the stock tires? if your running that exact same tire?

chithead

Reaction score
Interesting topic. I wondered this exact same thing over the weekend. We had 305/45R22 on our 2010 Ram R/T - but on 22x10 SRT replicas. Was curious how well they'd stretch onto the stock 22x9

whmoyers3

Reaction score
I have 305/45/22 on my stock 22". A slight rub on full lock right turn, but the level kit will fix that.

Same here! What level kit are you going with?

0836247b311582299b029d89fd45cdd4.jpg
c57f5d88cebc0228f84920f24e523fd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barakutha

Reaction score
Same here! What level kit are you going with?

0836247b311582299b029d89fd45cdd4.jpg
c57f5d88cebc0228f84920f24e523fd5.jpg

I'm debating between the 305/45 vs 285/55 for my limited 22s. Daystar and links go on tomorrow.

Any advice?

whmoyers3

Reaction score
I'm debating between the 305/45 vs 285/55 for my limited 22s. Daystar and links go on tomorrow.

Any advice?

Brother, I am an absolute newbie with this stuff so take my opinion with heavy dose of salt... that said, it depends on how much clearance you’re getting from the daystar and links.

Like someone else said above, I experience some rubbing on a full hard turn in entry/exit and aero modes. Very slight and I think bending the plastic out of the way should solve it. But remember that I haven’t done anything to lift or level this one yet. If you get an additional 2” out of what your doing, I think a 35” setup would look sexy.

I’m at 33” and it looks good... just wish I had a little more meat to the tire. That’s all just personal preference.

I can attest to the ride quality of the Nitto Ridge Grapplers though. Smooth! A little bit of extra noise but I barely detect it.

barakutha

Reaction score
Brother, I am an absolute newbie with this stuff so take my opinion with heavy dose of salt... that said, it depends on how much clearance you’re getting from the daystar and links.

Like someone else said above, I experience some rubbing on a full hard turn in entry/exit and aero modes. Very slight and I think bending the plastic out of the way should solve it. But remember that I haven’t done anything to lift or level this one yet. If you get an additional 2” out of what your doing, I think a 35” setup would look sexy.

I’m at 33” and it looks good... just wish I had a little more meat to the tire. That’s all just personal preference.

I can attest to the ride quality of the Nitto Ridge Grapplers though. Smooth! A little bit of extra noise but I barely detect it.

Appreciate the advice.. I'm leaning towards the 285/55r22 since it's a little over 34 in height and 11 wide

Fidomac

Reaction score
I am looking at these larger tires to replace the stock Goodyears and wondered if anyone has tried them or what is the largest size anyone has tried on the 22" with 4x4 Air Suspension. I am looking for tires that don't rub in any of the Air Ride heights.
This might not sit well with the off-road/Macho types but I put 275 50 22s on my limited and it greatly improved the ride ..... Much less slapping on broken pavement and I had no issues with rubbing

Users who are viewing this thread