5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone purchased the Mopar wind deflector?

Reaction score
I installed the MOPAR deflector. See here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-ram-today.1686/page-92#post-101843
The gap between deflector and hood surface is about 3/4". Between the leading edge of the hood and the deflector, the gap is about 1/8". I suppose some organic matter could get trapped in there, but seems like it could get blown out easy enough. I live in an area with 100+ft pine trees. Pine needles are everywhere, but nothing trapped under the deflector yet.

It looks great! I tried to install the same deflector and ended up having to take it to the dealer because the plugs would not fit into the clips. The dealer said the clips are too short to fit. I see that several people have modified the clips. How did you get yours to fit?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It looks great! I tried to install the same deflector and ended up having to take it to the dealer because the plugs would not fit into the clips. The dealer said the clips are too short to fit. I see that several people have modified the clips. How did you get yours to fit?
I didn't have any issues installing mine. My clips fit perfectly. That's strange they were too small.

JohnUSA

Reaction score
It was 99% ok fitment. The negative 1% was related to the outermost clips, and that had to do with the seam of the hood (on the underside) not being rolled completely flat. It made a tiny "lip" the clip had to try and get over.
One clip back out by a 1/4". My deflector cracked at the mounting points on one side, and I think that was the root cause...lateral stresses.

Truth be told, if I had been able to ascertain that from the beginning, I would have not purchased this deflector. The Weatherguard looks like a clipless system.

Acerw

Reaction score
Just went to pick my Mopar bug shield up from dealership and had 2 recalls on my 19 Rebel so I let them put the bug shield on while they had it for recalls. Looks great.

Attachments

• A614C172-485F-47A2-8B1F-D3F87943A28A.jpeg
    A614C172-485F-47A2-8B1F-D3F87943A28A.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 135

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just went to pick my Mopar bug shield up from dealership and had 2 recalls on my 19 Rebel so I let them put the bug shield on while they had it for recalls. Looks great.
Looks great, I ordered mine last week and going over Friday to pick it up. I have a Limited but I do have the sports hood so glad to hear that you’re happy with it. Also have the window rain guards coming as well.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha! I thought about the AVS but didn’t like the idea of it being only held on with tape, but it does look good!

AVS
No tape
6 plastic clips/screws

fdb2c800b8e5f37ea3a23cd631b2100e.jpg

c8e5102af9865a6f6b1f5bc199944921.jpg

2020 1500 Canadian Sport 4x4 Delmonico Red

41magmag41

Reaction score
I went with the AVS bug shield as the OEM had some bad write ups with some of the holes not lining up etc. I did however put the OEM vent visors on. The front ones went on flawlessly, the rear ones however were a pain in the butt with the clip and little screws. Took me 3 times the time to do the rear than the front, if they hadn't been a gift from my wife I would have taken them back to the dealer and gone with the AVS ventvisors. I've had the AVS on other vehicles for 30 plus years with no problems. Another .20 added.

41magmag41

Reaction score
Hmm, I could have swore I read the install documents and it was all tape but I stand corrected I guess.
Actually the front ones are held in by friction, no tape. The rear had a strip of tape and little hooks with screws. I did mine a year ago on my 2019 Big Horn and they may have changed the installation on later models.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not a MOPAR fan...the mounting system sucks and has visible screws...the best option, IMPO, is the WeatherTech. The AVS looks nice too.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not a MOPAR fan...the mounting system sucks and has visible screws...the best option, IMPO, is the WeatherTech. The AVS looks nice too.
Well I guess I’ll find out Friday and go from there.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Looks fantastic on the White Rebel! View attachment 53652
I have the same matte black Mopar on my black Rebel. I really like the way it fits and looks with the grill and bumper. Now I have to see if they sell just the small bumpers that go between the hood and deflector. I let the dealership install it. The one on the left side (Passenger) is now missing. I will start googling..

Users who are viewing this thread