5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone purchased the Mopar wind deflector?

RAMDJ

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone has added the mopar wind deflector (82215476) to their rebel? Was thinking about picking one of these up to help protect the hood.

halla

Reaction score
The pics of the product arent very good. Is this one that has a space between the plastic and hood? Stuff gets stuck in there and it is hard to clean, that would be my only hold back personally. I guess it depends on how it is made.

George Bednar

Reaction score
The pics of the product arent very good. Is this one that has a space between the plastic and hood? Stuff gets stuck in there and it is hard to clean, that would be my only hold back personally. I guess it depends on how it is made.

I do not know the part number, but I had the dealer install the black one on my Limited. The only thing that has become stuck in so far is snow when I am cleaning off the hood. It is secured in a very good fashion.

halla

Reaction score
I do not know the part number, but I had the dealer install the black one on my Limited. The only thing that has become stuck in so far is snow when I am cleaning off the hood. It is secured in a very good fashion.
Thank you.

Gkmathiesen

"MAX"
Reaction score
I don't know about MOPAR, but I have seen several (Weather Tech makes good ones) that are a "low profile" that provides protection from rocks, debris and doesn't stick up very high. I put something similar on my doors for rain guards and I love them.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Mopar chrome deflector installed on my Limited. I know at least one other person on this Forum reported installing as well. One caution, the kit comes with small rubber bumpers that are spaced behind the deflector at attached to the hood by self-adhesive tape. I followed the directions and installed the bumpers as directed. I did consider the issue of possible paint damage but decided that as many other things get stuck to the paint, such as badging and can be removed without damage to just do it. Another Forum member said he stuck the bumpers to the deflector itself and it worked fine. Something, you might want to consider if you purchase.

RebelRam2019

Reaction score
How is going through car washes with brushes?

doublenichols

Reaction score
I bought the MOPAR deflector for my limited a few months back, but never installed it. Thought I'd like that matte finish, but I don't think I do now. ...Got quotes for painting it, but the cost is a bit much for just a deflector.

JohnUSA

Reaction score
I installed the MOPAR deflector. See here: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-ram-today.1686/page-92#post-101843
The gap between deflector and hood surface is about 3/4". Between the leading edge of the hood and the deflector, the gap is about 1/8". I suppose some organic matter could get trapped in there, but seems like it could get blown out easy enough. I live in an area with 100+ft pine trees. Pine needles are everywhere, but nothing trapped under the deflector yet.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know this guy but this video is exactly what I wanted to see . It shows how they're installed and what they look like for a 2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab.

Reaction score
I have started the install of Mopar 82215476 (matte black) on the tricolor white. I will post pics once I complete the install. As others have reported, I had to pause the install in order to modify the fixed clips to fit in the pre-drilled holes with the plugs. I suspect the manufacturer first produced the plugs, and then later added the essential anti-abrasion tape. Only later realizing WHOOPS it no longer fits. So now it is up to each end user to read the forums or work it out on their own.

Attachments

• 20190409_115400.jpg
    20190409_115400.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 20190409_115416.jpg
    20190409_115416.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 145

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I installed the Mopar wind deflectors and they work flawlessly. I haven't had any issues with them at all. They were super easy to install as well.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey, 1guyand tools, very nice and roomy garage!

Users who are viewing this thread