5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anybody added the factory intrusion alarm system?

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Here is an interesting string...

This looks like a nice universal unit to install, if anyone has the electrical experience in installing a window/shock sensor some details would be very appreciated. https://www.amazon.com/SCYTEK-SINGL...reak+detector&qid=1567863297&s=gateway&sr=8-1

When I have the time I'm going to talk to the guys in Best Buy for a simple glass/shock sensor only tied into my factory system. I want to keep it as basic as possible.

Last edited:

deanfx

Reaction score
Alfaobd has a setting to enable VTA --- vehicle alarm. I am still waiting on my bypass module to do such, but in the meantime if a member who has the bypass/Alfa combo and wants the factory alarm, they should easily enable it....
Could you link me to the bypass module that you purchased? And maybe the OBD sensory you're using. Thank you

downsjh

Reaction score
Yes, enabling the setting in Alfaobd does activate the intrusion alarm.
I tested before ( no alarm opening door from inside , window down without key) and after (horns blows, flashing lights).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raydar

Reaction score
Yes, enabling the setting in Alfaobd does activate the intrusion alarm.
I tested before ( no alarm opening door from inside , window down without key) and after (horns blows, flashing lights).

Perfect! Thank you.
Did you have to add the hood switch?

FM45

Reaction score
@ Ray... I believe there is a setting in Alfa that will bypass the hood switch... look for this ... CBC Features-VTA Hood Ajar Monitoring

deanfx

Reaction score
Alright so here's what I did today. I took my Bighorn to the dealer and asked them to activate the intrusion alarm. It took all of 10 minutes and was done. Just to be clear I have the level 1 equipment group with remote start. I do have a blinking red light on the dash and the alarm functions as it should.

I don't think remote start really matters unless the hood switch is important.

Raydar

Reaction score
I don't think remote start really matters unless the hood switch is important.

Good show! Thanks for the update.
The absence of the hood switch doesn't seem like it would be a show stopper for the alarm system.
If I understand the description in the service manual correctly, the switch presents an "open circuit" when the hood is closed. In other words, the system can't even tell that there's a switch there, until the hood is opened and the switch completes the circuit.
Of course, if the switch isn't there, the hood is left unprotected. Not a big deal, IMHO, since the release is inside, anyway.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I contacted the company that makes the entire wiring harness. After reviewing a video which showed the harness, I decided to go with my purchase. The harness is a complete package its much more than just a glass/shaker device, it has a relay unit, everything is already tape wrapped and all one has to do is connect the 4 wires and zip tie 2 units and the ribbon of wire. One wire is a ground (black), the second wire is (blue) connects to the trucks door switch(s), the third wire is (red) it connects to the fuse box power always on, and the fourth wire is (yellow) it connects to a 15 amp fuse (ignition on/off). When the stuff arrives I'll install it. I saw the install video and its not difficult. If not included in the package I'm going to use a fuse tap, and electrical tap connectors. I will not be stripping & wrapping wires or placing a wire under a fuse, its just not professional.
I think what they are selling is definitely worth $130. The equipment is worth ~$30.00 but the video of where to find the wires is absolutely worth the balance of $100. This unit is installed with a FACTORY ALARM. It won't work with an aftermarket system at all. Once I do the install I'll take pictures for you to see what the entire ribbon looks like, as well as my install. I hope to get it done within a week of receiving the package in the mail. If i'm not cutting anything my warranty should stay intact.
The website for purchase is; http://www.addshocksensor.com

Last edited:

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I contacted the company that makes the entire wiring harness. After reviewing a video which showed the harness, I decided to go with my purchase. The harness is a complete package its much more than just a glass/shaker device, it has a relay unit, everything is already tape wrapped and all one has to do is connect the 4 wires and zip tie 2 units and the ribbon of wire. One wire is a ground (black), the second wire is (blue) connects to the trucks door switch(s), the third wire is (red) it connects to the fuse box power always on, and the fourth wire is (yellow) it connects to a 15 amp fuse (ignition on/off). When the stuff arrives I'll install it. I saw the install video and its not difficult. If not included in the package I'm going to use a fuse tap, and electrical tap connectors. I will not be stripping & wrapping wires or placing a wire under a fuse, its just not professional.
I think what they are selling is definitely worth $130. The equipment is worth ~$30.00 but the video of where to find the wires is absolutely worth the balance of $100. This unit is installed with a FACTORY ALARM. It won't work with an aftermarket system at all. Once I do the install I'll take pictures for you to see what the entire ribbon looks like, as well as my install. I hope to get it done within a week of receiving the package in the mail. If i'm not cutting anything my warranty should stay intact.
The website for purchase is; http://www.addshocksensor.com
Here is the "package" you get for your $130.00. As you can see its not easy if you buy a shock/glass sensor. You can do nothing with that. Without having a relay & fuse nothing will work. I hope to install this later next week. The video makes it simple to understand. I feel his electrical work is quite sloppy. I'm using electrical connectors that just snap in and son't compromise any factory wiring at all.

Attachments

• alarmA.jpg
    alarmA.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 78
  • alarmB.jpg
    alarmB.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 78
  • alarmc.jpg
    alarmc.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

FM45

Reaction score
@Blue--- once you have it all up and running please post up wiring diagram...

*** Also received my bypass module... all is good - OEM security (VTA) up and running and while I was in there I activated the fog lights to stay active with highs... next bed lights and overhead tail gate release...

Bluesurf

Reaction score
@Blue--- once you have it all up and running please post up wiring diagram...

*** Also received my bypass module... all is good - OEM security (VTA) up and running and while I was in there I activated the fog lights to stay active with highs... next bed lights and overhead tail gate release...
I will post photos of everything I did including their video.

KRField

Reaction score
@Blueoverhead tail gate release...

I would love to know more about this. Like part number for the overhead piece and how to get this working.

I installed the factory damper and the instructions had a part number for the fob and instructions for remote release flash. However parts could not find the PN that the instructions had.

FM45

Reaction score
@KR--- I have a Bighorn with the tailgate damper and nothing on my key fob for tailgate... but I believe I can add/change the overhead console to have the switch to pop the tailgate .. my plan is too purchase this OEM part 6EK051X7AE then add that option to the BCM with Alfa...

KRField

Reaction score
@FM45 Same here. Does that console just have the release switch extra? I can pull part number but no description or image.

Users who are viewing this thread