5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had dealership install Mopar 2 inch lift on my 2019 ram

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just added a bunch of un needed wear on your ballpoints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDP110

Reaction score
Ram is losing my confidence 200% because nobody wants to help me out. Call customer care they said I have to bring back to dealer. Mopar vehicle protection said nothing to do with them. Mopar performance helped me figure issue out but they can’t call dealer on my behalf. Dealer said they just gonna flip coil seat and realign but that is unacceptable in my eyes cause upper control arm ball joint looks compromised. Coil springs look to be distorted. Nylon nut can only be used once snd I feel they will be used twice. Probably last time owning Ram cause I can’t get any help. CRAZY!!!!!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you talked to the service manager? How did you pay for the kit/labor? Credit card if so I wouldn’t hesitate to file for a charge back and explain the situation with proof to your credit card company if the dealership you paid to have this work done at screwed up and refuses to make it right within reason. Reusing the nylon nut shouldn’t be an issue. This is a the dealer you used problem to fix not Ram or any of the other channels….

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ram is losing my confidence 200% because nobody wants to help me out. Call customer care they said I have to bring back to dealer. Mopar vehicle protection said nothing to do with them. Mopar performance helped me figure issue out but they can’t call dealer on my behalf. Dealer said they just gonna flip coil seat and realign but that is unacceptable in my eyes cause upper control arm ball joint looks compromised. Coil springs look to be distorted. Nylon nut can only be used once snd I feel they will be used twice. Probably last time owning Ram cause I can’t get any help. CRAZY!!!!!
Why would you not take it back to dealer? They are the ones who installed it, it's up to them to make it right. Let them correct thier mistake. You have not driven enough miles to have caused any damage to suspension

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^ ditto lol

Guess we”ll just complain about Rams customer service and not allow the dealer that did the work to fix “their” screw up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealership service departments aren't always the best place to have modifications done. They get paid by book time and the faster they can get it out the more money they make by being able to get more work done. If they can get it done under book time, they still get full book time pay, but can move on to another vehicle, essentially double dipping on pay rates. And troubleshooting suspension issues isn't thier strong point.
Doing a customer pay job is not done by book time, it is marked up from book time, usually 1.4-2.0 above warranty (depends on manufacture). Also doing a lift install, I would add additional time due to it being an aftermarket install. Saying the dealer diagnosing suspension issues isn't there strong point, maybe the dealer you went to had a crap tech doing your repair. I have been at the dealer for over 15 yrs, we have certain techs that are great with engine work, some great with electrical diagnosis and others have a strong point in front end work. every dealer has certain guys that are strong in certain areas.

CDP110

Reaction score
Doing a customer pay job is not done by book time, it is marked up from book time, usually 1.4-2.0 above warranty (depends on manufacture). Also doing a lift install, I would add additional time due to it being an aftermarket install. Saying the dealer diagnosing suspension issues isn't there strong point, maybe the dealer you went to had a crap tech doing your repair. I have been at the dealer for over 15 yrs, we have certain techs that are great with engine work, some great with electrical diagnosis and others have a strong point in front end work. every dealer has certain guys that are strong in certain areas.
This is a mopar 2 inch lift with mopar parts numbers. I know it made by fox but they are in collaboration with mopar so I would not call this an aftermarket lift. This is a mopar lift

CDP110

Reaction score
You think theses ball joints are good these are brand new upper control arms that came with kit

Attachments

• 630037BB-E0EE-4DAB-8821-B2F0F36E356D.jpeg
    630037BB-E0EE-4DAB-8821-B2F0F36E356D.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 0F9E2155-EB6F-4ADF-BC9E-EB369F0B24FB.jpeg
    0F9E2155-EB6F-4ADF-BC9E-EB369F0B24FB.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 63

CDP110

Reaction score
And yes truck is on ground in picture. Ball joints look bad snd brand new with 1800 miles on them

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hard to tell from your picture but ball joints still don’t look messed up. I bet once the coil seat is flipped correctly your ballpoint angles will be fine. I’m not sure what your wanting out of us forum members… this is a dealership issue let them first start by flipping the seat the right damn way then go from there.. if the ball joints need to be replaced have then replace them on their dime. Expecting them to just give you brand new everything isn’t going to happen you need to lower your expectations or your just gonna end up unsatisfied. Allow them to fix the issue before you go bashing Ram for some techs screw up…

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m also dumbfounded why you waited so long…
Just like when we asked what the tire pressure was set at that took forever to get you to finally check it. Same thing can be said with the picture you provided I bet if you went ahead and posted that picture above someone would of easily noticed that the seating was upside down and eliminated a lot of this guess work. Help us help you.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Are you still afraid that compressing a coil spring damages it? Don't put anything in the bed. If you do, you know what will happen? The springs will compress. Shot. Put that baby out of its misery. Buy a new one.

Your ball joint is maxed out in the picture. Just like if you articulate the suspension.

Fix the springs up and drive it. See what happens. It will be ok.

CDP110

Reaction score
Hard to tell from your picture but ball joints still don’t look messed up. I bet once the coil seat is flipped correctly your ballpoint angles will be fine. I’m not sure what your wanting out of us forum members… this is a dealership issue let them first start by flipping the seat the right damn way then go from there.. if the ball joints need to be replaced have then replace them on their dime. Expecting them to just give you brand new everything isn’t going to happen you need to lower your expectations or your just gonna end up unsatisfied. Allow them to fix the issue before you go bashing Ram for some techs screw up…

Ok then!!! Just wanting some feedback

CDP110

Reaction score
I’m not a mechanic. I change my oil and rotate my tires. No more than that. Mopar performance had me send them in pics. I have been trying to get truck back into dealership but there is no opening. Waiting on appt.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep betting once the seat issue is corrected everything else will be fine. The nut can be reused don’t overthink that part. The next time you have work done immediately once you notice or feel something doesn’t feel right take it right back and have whoever did the work check it and fix the issue don’t wait to long. Give a call to the service manager have him squeeze you in.. skip dealing with the service advisor. Make sure they realign the truck too.. and verify that they do that with your own eyes and a new spec sheet showing the alignment is within spec. This is their screw up it’s up to them to find the time within reason to fix it!

CDP110

Reaction score
Yep betting once the seat issue is corrected everything else will be fine. The nut can be reused don’t overthink that part. The next time you have work done immediately once you notice or feel something doesn’t feel right take it right back and have whoever did the work check it and fix the issue don’t wait to long. Give a call to the service manager have him squeeze you in.. skip dealing with the service advisor. Make sure they realign the truck too.. and verify that they do that with your own eyes and a new spec sheet showing the alignment is within spec. This is their screw up it’s up to them to find the time within reason to fix it!

Thanks

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you think ram is the only manufacture that doesn't give a **** about you? Every manufacture has their issues. And with the pandemic going around, most people don't give a ****. But your issue is different than most. You installed an aftermarket part at the dealer. Your only option is to go back to that dealer for them to correct the issue if you don't want to come out of pocket for any costs. Let the dealer correct the mistake and see how it goes. What do you really expect the manufacture to do for you? This is an issue with your dealer, manufacture really doesn't give a **** when you start modifying your car and the dealer may have installed something incorrect. What I would do in your shoes is file a claim with my credit card for the cost of everything. Explain your issue to the merchant. Tell them you have an issue with the product and have given the dealer an oppurtunity to fix it and they haven't. They will give the dealer a chance to respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/