5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had dealership install Mopar 2 inch lift on my 2019 ram

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Ram is losing my confidence 200% because nobody wants to help me out. Call customer care they said I have to bring back to dealer. Mopar vehicle protection said nothing to do with them. Mopar performance helped me figure issue out but they can’t call dealer on my behalf. Dealer said they just gonna flip coil seat and realign but that is unacceptable in my eyes cause upper control arm ball joint looks compromised. Coil springs look to be distorted. Nylon nut can only be used once snd I feel they will be used twice. Probably last time owning Ram cause I can’t get any help. CRAZY!!!!!

Not sure what state you live in, but here in California we have what is called the BAR, Bureau of Automotive Repair. They are literally a government department responsible for concerns like this. If you are unsatisfied with auto repairs/dealer, you can file a claim with them and they will investigate. If any negligence or wrong doing is found, they can/will go after whichever party is responsible. If the dealer can’t/won’t resolve the issue to your satisfaction, maybe look into if your state has a similar office. But in all honesty, you have to be willing to let the DEALER make it right FIRST, which it sounds like you are. If you can’t get in to the dealer in a timely fashion, find a reputable outside shop that specializes in lift kits and off road stuff, pay to have THEM fix it right. Then go back to the dealer to fight to have them pay that bill. If that doesn’t work, take them to small claims court where lawyers are usually needed/aren’t allowed.

Hope it gets resolved! Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Not sure what state you live in, but here in California we have what is called the BAR, Bureau of Automotive Repair. They are literally a government department responsible for concerns like this. If you are unsatisfied with auto repairs/dealer, you can file a claim with them and they will investigate. If any negligence or wrong doing is found, they can/will go after whichever party is responsible. If the dealer can’t/won’t resolve the issue to your satisfaction, maybe look into if your state has a similar office. But in all honesty, you have to be willing to let the DEALER make it right FIRST, which it sounds like you are. If you can’t get in to the dealer in a timely fashion, find a reputable outside shop that specializes in lift kits and off road stuff, pay to have THEM fix it right. Then go back to the dealer to fight to have them pay that bill. If that doesn’t work, take them to small claims court where lawyers are usually needed/aren’t allowed.

Hope it gets resolved! Keep us updated.

Small claims court, lawyers AREN’T usually involved or they aren’t allowed here in CA.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey, by the way, I noticed a ways back somewhere, warranty was mentioned. You do know that just because a dealer puts on an aftermarket part, it does not mean it doesn't void a warranty. Warranty claims are with FCA. The dealer is independent of that.

Get aftermarket pipes put on your Harley at the dealer and see how it goes with warranty. They will tell you about the void. Right after you pay the bill.

ferraiolo1

Reaction score
It’s a mopar accessory. That’s one of the reasons you pay more for it.

Like the mopar intake and exhaust.

There is no chance it voids the warranty.

Like installing screaming eagle pipes on your Harley. Doesn’t void the warranty since they are an Oem Type accessory

Mountain Whiskey

Reaction score
It’s a mopar accessory. That’s one of the reasons you pay more for it.

Like the mopar intake and exhaust.

There is no chance it voids the warranty.

Like installing screaming eagle pipes on your Harley. Doesn’t void the warranty since they are an Oem Type accessory

You are correct. I was reading posts talking about aftermarket. If it is the Mopar lift I am mistaken.

Much like the Screaming Eagle pipes though, aftermarket provides nicer.... 😁

CDP110

Reaction score
Yes this is why I had dealership install. Dealership can’t void anything. This is such a cut and dry lift all u need is 2 jacks and some tools and u can do in your driveway But u will void warranty. Pay the $1100 to dealership and it does not void anything

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Some old dude at the Supreme Court said they can’t void your warranty unless they can prove your aftermarket lift is the cause of whatever broke. But I hear you, FCA or whatever their name is this week will always try to blame the aftermarket product and have a whole bunch of lawyers sitting there to fight it.

CDP110

Reaction score
Some old dude at the Supreme Court said they can’t void your warranty unless they can prove your aftermarket lift is the cause of whatever broke. But I hear you, FCA or whatever their name is this week will always try to blame the aftermarket product and have a whole bunch of lawyers sitting there to fight it.
Just wanted to give update. I just picked my truck up from dealership after they flipped coil seats right way and the truck drives amazing. I think it might even drive better than stock. I wish the front end would of been little taller but the ride is amazing.

Attachments

• 44414420-2914-4029-B8B9-4E776C2D819A.jpeg
    44414420-2914-4029-B8B9-4E776C2D819A.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 53

Bob.

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of dealers, in my experience they have many inexperienced employees. My last truck the experience was so bad I switched brands! The new place is proving it's not a brand thing, it's a people thing.
The new dealer has issues with rotating tires. On my wife's jeep, I argue with them to do as I ask. When I get home I check the lugs and 3 out of 5 are hand tight.
WTF. Whom do you complain too? They all suck.

Users who are viewing this thread