5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had dealership install Mopar 2 inch lift on my 2019 ram

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check your tire pressure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no rake left. Service manager said it’s a longer front shock which makes spring tighter pushing up into strut tower. He said the lift ending in ac is the third updated version of lift that also is a leveling kit and suspension lift
I think your dealership screwed something up. I had the dealership do just a level (still have about .75” rake) with original shocks and it rides just like stock but with less bouncy 80’s Cadillac feel.

There is no way yours should be that rough with the fox setup. I think you are the first that said it was a rough ride, which makes me believe that something is wrong with the install.

Or like many have said it’s your LT tires that are providing the harsh ride

CDP110

Reaction score
I think your dealership screwed something up. I had the dealership do just a level (still have about .75” rake) with original shocks and it rides just like stock but with less bouncy 80’s Cadillac feel.

There is no way yours should be that rough with the fox setup. I think you are the first that said it was a rough ride, which makes me believe that something is wrong with the install.

Or like many have said it’s your LT tires that are providing the harsh ride
I’m telling you the absolute roughest ride. The service manager Dias that the springs are to tight cause they used longer than normal shocks to level front end and take take out. Newest version of lift. It’s not tires cause we put the same tires on my dads 2500 and it drives great.

CDP110

Reaction score
Dealership service departments aren't always the best place to have modifications done. They get paid by book time and the faster they can get it out the more money they make by being able to get more work done. If they can get it done under book time, they still get full book time pay, but can move on to another vehicle, essentially double dipping on pay rates. And troubleshooting suspension issues isn't thier strong point.
Yes but only way to keep warranty is for dealership to install it

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m telling you the absolute roughest ride. The service manager Dias that the springs are to tight cause they used longer than normal shocks to level front end and take take out. Newest version of lift. It’s not tires cause we put the same tires on my dads 2500 and it drives great.
So far your install is the anomaly but definitely not the experience of most.

MattGalmish

Reaction score

It could still be tires and/or tire pressures. Just because you put the same tires on that 2500 doesn’t eliminate them. The 2500 HAS to weight at least 1000lbs+ more than your 1500. If the tire pressures are 40+ for everyday driving, that’s going to be 90% or your harsh ride. I promise you that one.

And as a side note, just because the shock is longer and you reuse the factory spring DOES NOT mean you will get a harsher ride. Usually that equates to MORE drop/droop travel which actually HELPS ride quality usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no rake left. Service manager said it’s a longer front shock which makes spring tighter pushing up into strut tower. He said the lift ending in ac is the third updated version of lift that also is a leveling kit and suspension lift
Service manager said, Blah, Blah, Blah….
You are the customer, you are not pleased, have them double check everything then go from there.
If you are still unhappy, find another dealer and have them check the installation.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I would add coil overs, I have a 6” lift with vertex coil overs and it’s the smoothest lifted truck I have owned and I have had a bunch of them. I think mine rides better than stock.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your service manager is feeding you a line of BS. Longer shocks don't make the springs tighter. And they are up to AD version. Not sure what has all changed over the different revisions, but the basic kit and how it works has remained the same.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would add coil overs, I have a 6” lift with vertex coil overs and it’s the smoothest lifted truck I have owned and I have had a bunch of them. I think mine rides better than stock.
I disagree. He should have the dealership fix what is wrong, rather than burn more money on a problem that shouldn't exist. I haven't read one bad review on the Mopar leveling kit.

CDP110

Reaction score
Your service manager is feeding you a line of BS. Longer shocks don't make the springs tighter. And they are up to AD version. Not sure what has all changed over the different revisions, but the basic kit and how it works has remained the same.

Attachments

• 8DE0F199-5C20-47DA-9DCF-157A7C6C10B0.png
    8DE0F199-5C20-47DA-9DCF-157A7C6C10B0.png
    264.2 KB · Views: 108

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you check your pressure?…. They could have put them at the max psi from the sidewall

MattGalmish

Reaction score
He seems to be ignoring that request.

At this point I’m starting to think he checked, they were set at 50+psi, he lowered them back down to the door sticker at 38psi, drove it, realized us keyboard warriors might have actually been onto something………..but still doesn’t want to admit it. Can’t believe he overlooked that simple thing………….or in all actuality, lol maybe there actually IS something wrong with his kit

MattGalmish

Reaction score
It’s almost like it’s the easiest thing to check lol

Or even just SAY you did just so everyone stops asking. The OP hasn’t stated what his actual tire pressures are/were anyways……….we are all just speculating and assuming

Users who are viewing this thread