5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had a Nice NEW camper for a few hours

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got it.
He kept going at first it seems, after the smash.
Your dad (or whoever that gentleman was) was quick to jump out with his phone, so dude really can’t deny anything. There goes his insurance…better call the General, lol!
Sad thing was, weren’t you letting him pass?

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Got it.
He kept going at first it seems, after the smash.
Your dad (or whoever that gentleman was) was quick to jump out with his phone, so dude really can’t deny anything. There goes his insurance…better call the General, lol!
Sad thing was, weren’t you letting him pass?
Yeah he took forever to stop and you can see his brake lights come off and his car inch forward. I thought he was going to run so I yelled to my mom (parents were dropping our kids off) to get in her car ready to chase his *** down. And yeah we were letting him pass so we could back into our driveway and you can see we were only stopped for 2.5-3secs before he hit us. Wasn't even his car either.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Dang dude this SUCKS. I would have flipped out too. His insurance woulda been paying for my trailer and I probably would’ve been paying for his medical bills after I went ape **** on him 😂

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That just sucks.....drivers these days...well there is just not many good ones😕

penguinphan

Reaction score
Nosy question. What were you talking about when you said "That was weird"?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He was paying attention to the other trailer on the other side of the road and stopped looking at you until it was too late. I saw that coming, but he didn't. Not much you can do to avoid being hit from behind. Not stopping on the road is a big one, but not much choice when you've got a trailer you need to back in.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
He was paying attention to the other trailer on the other side of the road and stopped looking at you until it was too late. I saw that coming, but he didn't. Not much you can do to avoid being hit from behind. Not stopping on the road is a big one, but not much choice when you've got a trailer you need to back in.
That was his alternate story that he told the cops. He was trying to avoid the parked trailer that was not even in the lane. He told us that he thought we were pulling in.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Dang dude this SUCKS. I would have flipped out too. His insurance woulda been paying for my trailer and I probably would’ve been paying for his medical bills after I went ape **** on him 😂
Yeah I was NOT happy. I think I was just more speechless this time as my dad was already flipping out for me haha.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was his alternate story that he told the cops. He was trying to avoid the parked trailer that was not even in the lane. He told us that he thought we were pulling in.
Yeah it sucks. People can't handle distractions, much less while driving. The # 1 rule is don't hit anything. The second one is pay attention at all times. This guy failed both.

The trailer on the other side is less of a threat than the travel trailer stopping in front of you. Even if you were stopping to pull in, I'd be looking for a kid running out to greet you or a dog or whatever when something that big is blocking my view. Never know what to expect.

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Started riding motorcycles 50 years ago. My perspective on changes to driving habits.
1. Had smokers, but not so much pot, today I can smell it in traffic while on the bike.
2. No cup holders, how many consume their coffee (or other) in the vehicle.
3. Eating! More people on the drive thru than at the counter.
4. Cell phone talking - the good old days.
5. Cell phone texting - WTF, red light is now the place to check or answers texts.
6. Congestion (depends on where you travel).
7, Women - they don't drive like the mom's of my day. Some didn't drive at all. Wonder what the insurance company data shows on this one.
8, Vehicle performance. Three speed on the column, no power steering or brakes. Today's family sedan is a power house of performance.
9, Affluence - mom and pop buying their young (strong possibility of dumb) and inexperienced new driver child a car with performance above and beyond their level of ability and maturity.
10. Road conditions (aka pot holes/maintenance). Again depends on where you live. NYC metro area is heavily traveled and the roads take a beating with use and winter salting.
11. Attitudes, not my fault, prove it.
12. Baby boomers (1946-1964) aging.
13. The latest with the price of gas going up is the under 20 mph gas savers.
14. And let's not forget Amazon, UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, landscapers, construction, parents (or other) picking up kids and my favorite "door dash" (where do you get that permit/license to be inconsiderate to other drivers).

Feel free to add any additional criteria.

I discourage anyone from taking up motorcycle riding without a strong passion. One of the best BMW MC salesman gave up the street because of being rear ended while stopped in traffic twice, once being propelled over the car in front of him. He still does track days - it's safer or maybe more predictable.

Very sorry to hear of the damage to your motor home. My wife's Accord was rear ended at day 8 of ownership. Wouldn't have happened if the driver in front of her did not make an illegal left into the local post office.

Best wishes on the repair and insurance.
I live in Florida, so I win by default.

In 23 years of driving and riding motorcycles. I learned that the most dangerous drivers on the road are the ones who sit like this:
car_seat_bad_posture.jpg

things-not-to-do-in-car-with-sitting-close-to-the-1f8d.jpg

Doesn't matter if you're in your 20s or 80s, if your hands are at 12 and fu*king 12, you're probably 30min away from creating a pileup at any given point in time.

Last edited:

Ninety-9 SE-L

Reaction score
Yeah he took forever to stop and you can see his brake lights come off and his car inch forward.
The mark of a sh*t driver.

Forget whatever caused him/her to smash into your camper. After hitting you, they were so shell-shocked that they lost all capacity to function and stop their f*cking car. Those are the type of people who's brains are running on 3-cylinders, all the time. Unless you're seriously injured or dazed from a head injury, you should be able to think and function at all times, even during an event. This is about 2.5 years ago in my Frontier: YouTube

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Just as an update the shop got back to me today and before taking the bathroom apart inside to look at the floor they're quoting 15k in labor and parts so far based on what they see. 4-6wk lead time on at least one part (the rear wall). I'm filing through the other party's insurance since they accepted full responsibility.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Just as an update the shop got back to me today and before taking the bathroom apart inside to look at the floor they're quoting 15k in labor and parts so far based on what they see. 4-6wk lead time on at least one part (the rear wall). I'm filing through the other party's insurance since they accepted full responsibility.
The situation still sucks but aleast they are accepting full responsibility. Good luck with everything

cleigh

Reaction score

Man, that's more than my trailer cost! :p

Good luck, but at least they can repair it!

Users who are viewing this thread