5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grinding noise when turning to the right

ram0686

Reaction score
It's been a week and I tried repeatedly to make it grind. It won't do it! The tsb worked.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
My truck is at the dealership now for the tsb and a couple other things. Very happy to hear this is fixing the issue for everyone!

TomB

Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer now for the TSB. Of course I had to tell them what the fix was because they were in no hurry to inform me.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I heard a noise when turning right but only at full lock when backing up. Never heard it before this weekend. Would the TSB apply to this?

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Just checking back in. I got my truck back after getting the tsb and it's been perfect so far. I've driven it a few times now and I can say it's fixed. There is a right turn into my neighborhood where it would make the grinding noise every time and it's gone.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Heard it again moving forward this time. Guess I’ll have to get this done before warranty runs out. How do I know how much warranty is left? I bought my truck used. Thanks

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Heard it again moving forward this time. Guess I’ll have to get this done before warranty runs out. How do I know how much warranty is left? I bought my truck used. Thanks
Check the in service date. 36 months or 36k from that date

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m sure there is an easier way to find it, but I’ve always looked at the car fax
Ended up calling the dealer. This is what they told me.

3yr 36k basic- expires Dec 6, 2021
6yr 60k power train - expires Dec 6, 2023

Does this seem correct? That would mean my in service date is Dec 6, 2018. But wouldn't 6 years would be 2024?

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Ended up calling the dealer. This is what they told me.

3yr 36k basic- expires Dec 6, 2021
6yr 60k power train - expires Dec 6, 2023

Does this seem correct? That would mean my in service date is Dec 6, 2018. But wouldn't 6 years would be 2024?
Believe it is 5/60 powertrain thus the 2023 is correct

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
My truck has been doing this in slow speed right turns for about a year now. It started at around 3,500 miles. Took it to dealership this morning and they applied the TSB no questions asked. They did not require me to replicate the issue and they just applied the update at my request. In and out in about 20 minutes total. I will report back in a week or so with results.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My truck has been doing this in slow speed right turns for about a year now. It started at around 3,500 miles. Took it to dealership this morning and they applied the TSB no questions asked. They did not require me to replicate the issue and they just applied the update at my request. In and out in about 20 minutes total. I will report back in a week or so with results.
That would be nice!

muzikmafiatim

Reaction score
My dealer did mine while it was in for service and it fixed the issue that I have had for the past 25000 miles. I just printed the tsb and took it with me.

Reactions: c3k

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
had the TSB done last week. So far so good!

Bluesurf

Reaction score
My grinding noise disappeared all on its own. It was very bad the first year. I put up with it since I feared what the dealer would do to repair it. I always get my truck back with a new issue or scratches.

VNC Aviation

Reaction score
Having intermittent grinding noise on 2019 Ram for about a year, turning right slow speed. Saw the TSB and finally a fix. So I took it into the dealer today and they said that the EPS software is up to date. Has anyone else had this issue?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine wasn’t up to date, but they said the right front fender well liner may have been rubbing at full lock as well.

Users who are viewing this thread