5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grinding front end & terrible service

MassHoleRam

Reaction score
I had been having a clunking in the front end of my truck and decided to bring it in. They replaced the axle on the passenger side, this fixed it for about 24hrs. About a day after I pick it up it start to clunk again but with a different feeling to it. I also realized that when I turn fully left the truck grinds. It was determined to be the sway bar link on passenger side which was replaced.

The dealership after looking into the grinding said it was “performing as designed” which is obviously false.
This will be the one reason I would avoid buying ram again. The service departments just can’t get their heads out their asses. I decided to call Customer Care who right away said this is not normal and setup with another dealership.
@RamCares would you be able to offer any assistance in getting this fixed by a dealership that actually knows what they’re doing? I can imagine the truck was designed to grind when turning.
Dealerahip in question: Herb Chamber Chrysler Jeep Ram Fiat of Millbury, Ma.
Absolute joke of a service department.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Finding a dealership that knows what they're doing is like finding a fart in a hurricane

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Finding a dealership that knows what they're doing is like finding a fart in a hurricane
True, but this is true for most mfgs. My dealer, thankfully, has been great thus far, so YMMV.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had been having a clunking in the front end of my truck and decided to bring it in. They replaced the axle on the passenger side, this fixed it for about 24hrs. About a day after I pick it up it start to clunk again but with a different feeling to it. I also realized that when I turn fully left the truck grinds. It was determined to be the sway bar link on passenger side which was replaced.

The dealership after looking into the grinding said it was “performing as designed” which is obviously false.
This will be the one reason I would avoid buying ram again. The service departments just can’t get their heads out their asses. I decided to call Customer Care who right away said this is not normal and setup with another dealership.
@RamCares would you be able to offer any assistance in getting this fixed by a dealership that actually knows what they’re doing? I can imagine the truck was designed to grind when turning.
@MassHoleRam

Sorry to hear!
Please share your dealer experience here so that others can steer clear:

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/dealer-service-share-your-experience.6414/

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I am deeply sorry for the frustration, @MassHoleRam. What I can do from this level is escalate your situation to a Case Manager which will provide the dealership and yourself with an individual who will review your concern, then assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved.

Please follow up with us via private message when you can so that I may start the escalation process.

Mark
RamCares

MassHoleRam

Reaction score
Update: I was contacted by the GM of the dealership mentioned (now all of a sudden they want to help). They did specifically mention me calling them a joke (hurtful yes, but still currently my opinion) . I’m meeting with the GM Tuesday at 7:30am to have him personally look into this. This is the real issue with service, they don’t seem to care until you make a stink then all of a sudden they care again. I will provide an update after the visit (not expecting much honestly) .

my truck is still vibrating pretty badly on the highway so something is wrong and I’m tired of destroying my tires because of a multi-billion $ company can’t fix an obvious problem.

Currently my brother has been shopping for a truck and have been dealing with another local Ram dealer (had Herb Chambers not done this they would have had the sale no question) . While looking at the truck we were just making small talk and I mentioned my experience with service to the salesman and he giggled and said ya FCA service is trash and is most likely what will stop them from gaining anymore ground on Ford. Pretty sad when your own salespeople trash on the service even when trying to sell a truck. Sad part is I can appreciate the honesty and may be one of the reasons my brother purchases the truck. No purchase will be made until this situation is resolved.

I really hope I can report a good experience after my visit

MassHoleRam

Reaction score
Final Update: On Tuesday I met with the GM of the dealership and we took a spin to “show the problem” there was some back and forth with the “shop guy” (he has a bad attitude and likes to argue with the customer) but the GM agreed he could hear it. After going round and round with the shop guy telling me it’s normal the GM had a different person look at the truck as I requested and Viola he figured it out and fixed it in 15mins.
I can personally say the shop guy was emotionally invested in being “right” and would not listen to me at all, I highly commend the GM as he kept a level head and agreed that having another person look at it would be a good idea. The GM and I spoke for a little bit while they were fixing the truck and he really is a good down to earth guy that really wanted to help. The issue ended up being a piece of casting near the bump stop on the passenger front wheel causing the grinding when turning full lock Left and hitting a bump. He ground it down a little bit and it was silent as a church mouse. I’m a happy customer now and the GM has redeemed his service department because of this. I will use them again because now I know their boss actually cares even if they don’t and that’s what matters.

MassHoleRam

Reaction score
And I can also report my brother just purchased a 2020 Big Horn yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread