5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grill swap Limited into Laramie

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Here's a comparison of grill and headlight combinations on the Big Horn and Tradesman. The Tradesman is the one at the top left. The rest are all Big Horns. The orange one is the BTS.

Trademan and Big Horn Grills.jpg

Jack.

Reaction score
I did the Limited upgrade my truck is a lonestar pretty simple just have to get the pieces painted I painted them myself...
Damn, can you get me the part numbers for them? all you had to do was switch out the grill and headlights? or did you end up doing those trim pieces aswell?

SOWARDCUSTOMS

Reaction score
Damn, can you get me the part numbers for them? all you had to do was switch out the grill and headlights? or did you end up doing those trim pieces aswell?
You have to switch the grille, headlights, fender extensions under the headlights, grille extensions, and wiring if you dont already have factory led headlights.. Also you have to add factory or other fender flares because of the holes for the flares in the new fender extensions..

Xchief

Reaction score
Wow your truck looks great! Unfortunately I had a little fender bender but I'm looking to upgrade to a Limited front end. If I'm understanding you correctly pretty much everything that is crushed or broken on my truck can be replaced with Limited parts.
You have to switch the grille, headlights, fender extensions under the headlights, grille extensions, and wiring if you dont already have factory led headlights.. Also you have to add factory or other fender flares because of the holes for the flares in the new fender extensions..
20210917_120449a.jpg

Kevinch

Reaction score
I saw this question asked but not answered: if you do the swap to a Limited headlight & grill assembly from a Laramie set up, will the adaptive Limited headlights move with the steering wheel as they do on a Limited?

SOWARDCUSTOMS

Reaction score
I saw this question asked but not answered: if you do the swap to a Limited headlight & grill assembly from a Laramie set up, will the adaptive Limited headlights move with the steering wheel as they do on a Limited?
They won't but Jimmy can make a wiring harness so you can add the adaptive module to make it work..

SOWARDCUSTOMS

Reaction score
Wow your truck looks great! Unfortunately I had a little fender bender but I'm looking to upgrade to a Limited front end. If I'm understanding you correctly pretty much everything that is crushed or broken on my truck can be replaced with Limited parts.

View attachment 105905
Yes sir the only difference from your truck is the headlights, grille when you get the grille you have to get the grille extensions, and the painted pieces under the headlights..

Attachments

• 20210922_162432 (002).jpg
    20210922_162432 (002).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20210922_162436 (002).jpg
    20210922_162436 (002).jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 75

x50

Reaction score
Are these painted painted pieces the same on the Laramie and Limited?

2021-12-17_09-07-13.png 2021-12-17_09-05-41.png

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When I was going to do a swap, I was shown that they were not and I would need a couple of pieces more to make it happen.

x50

Reaction score
When I was going to do a swap, I was shown that they were not and I would need a couple of pieces more to make it happen.
OK. I was trying to avoid having to paint pieces.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know that feeling but we do what we have to to ensure it’s a seamless transition. :)

Reactions: x50

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Are these painted painted pieces the same on the Laramie and Limited?

View attachment 114027 View attachment 114026
They are different based on threads I've read from people who have done complete swaps from Laramie or Big Horn front ends, to Limited or Longhorn front ends. And yes, you will have to get them painted unless you are able to find used pieces which are the same color as your truck. Like from ebay or a salvage yard.

Reactions: x50

Jlower2012

Reaction score
Do you have the part numbers of what you used? I want to do this exact same thing.

Vinooo87

Reaction score
I did the Limited upgrade my truck is a lonestar pretty simple just have to get the pieces painted I painted them myself...
How did you do the wiring for the led lights. I have a lone star as well and wanted to do the limited conversion

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love to do this but my my concern is if I ever got in an accident and wrecked the front end, what would happen? They aren't going to replace the limited parts on my Laramie.
I know this is an old post, but I'm looking at the Limited swap and want to address the quoted question/statement:
Some insurance companies won't, but more reputable ones will. It is considered a modification and in the event of an accident they will put the vehicle back to the form it was in right before the crash. In the event of a total loss, if receipts are produced, some insurance companies will include the amount for modifications. I've personally had this happen for accidents with State Farm, Geico, and Progressive. I've had three total losses (none my fault) with State Farm, and they cut me an additional check for modifications after I produced receipts. The last time this happened was 2011, so I don't know if State Farm has changed any policies.

Cesar592

Reaction score
front swap a limited night edition waiting for the mopar headlights

Attachments

• IMG_2191.jpeg
    IMG_2191.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2251.jpeg
    IMG_2251.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors