5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grill swap Limited into Laramie

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s ok I would still love to see them as I’m a serial modder lol.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I’m sure I’m not the only one who would appreciate that as well if possible the part numbers needed to make this happen. :)

PorBoy

Reaction score
Very very nice, now here’s where I become a pain. Can you take a full front photo but from lower down ? Meaning so we can see it dead on as opposed to looking down on that front end ? :)

TXlaramie

Reaction score
Sure, is there something in particular that you would like to see?

PorBoy

Reaction score
Yes just the full on coming at you effect please. I applaud you for stepping out of the box and getting exactly what you wanted without having to go to an upper trim. Too bad FCA doesn’t do alacarte for those of us who only want to pay for exactly what we want. :)

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
View attachment 5377
Here is another picture.
Great job! Can you come to my house in NC and do it to my Laramie?:) Have you found out if the lights do turn with the steering wheel? If not, do you think that could be pursued and done or is there something missing that would prohibit. Do you think the lights function any better or brighter than the ones that came stock on the Laramie? Did you buy the lights from Jeremy at Retro of did he help only with consult. In the past, I placed the LED lights on my previous Ram and it needed resistors to switch from halogen to LED. Long story short the lights ended up not working well, the turn signals occasionally did not work and the rear lamps would go out. If I changed the resistors it would work again. Made me wonder if the lights Jeremy sold me were factory lights that failed quality control. I have no idea. This install would be more direct I think because LED to LED and sounds like it was plug and play from your perspective.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Limited and Longhorn (too many "L") have same size grill. So, you should be able to do the same exact thing to your Laramie, but with the Limited center large center piece.

staffcurtis

Reaction score
TXlaramie, what did you do with your factory headlights and grill? I actually like those better than my limited grill and lights. The reason is that I want to color match my whole truck one color, and I'm not sure the limited grill and trim pieces will look that good painted. I may buy them from you if you decide to sell.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with swapping in a Limited grill in place of the Laramie grill? LOVE the limited nose so much, but my Laramie had everything I wanted including perfect exterior color. Cannot help but think about how sexy the limited nose is. Headlights are shut down a bit more and the grill is amazing looking. Thougt it would be a neat project one day to try.
I actually prefer the Laramie grill. That’s why I went with it and just got the rest of the features I wanted. Plus the limited doesn’t come with the black appearance package. I don’t know about now but not when I was purchasing a ram.

rbram

Reaction score
I am considering doing this down the road as well. I like the Laramie for the black appearance package. I like the longer led strips top/bottom better but like the modern look with square cubes in the limited's headlights.

Zebber

Reaction score
I'm with you guys, wish they would let you get the options you want without going to another more expensive package with stuff you don't want. The only thing I don't like about my Rebel is the black grill,I like the body color Sport grill like in the previous picture but looks like I would have to change the bumper as well, that would get pretty pricey. Maybe I could just body color match the one I have.

Jonwoods81

Reaction score
That looks so clean. Nice job. I’m getting out of my 2018 Ram sport and ordered a 2019 Limited. I wanted the Laramie sport but they won’t order it with a 5.7 etorque and panoramic sunroof, something about weight. I’m wondering if I can order the Sport hood and some how get the center grille painted.

Thegoat2020

Reaction score
I actually just did this conversion on my Laramie, except I used a Longhorn grill instead of the Limited. You will need the headlights, grill, chrome trim pieces that go under the headlights and new fascia pieces since they’re slightly different. It wasn’t cheap, but it looks a lot better in my opinion.
Is there a way that you can send me everything that is needed the grill swap.

Users who are viewing this thread