5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grill swap Limited into Laramie

Rayzram

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with swapping in a Limited grill in place of the Laramie grill? LOVE the limited nose so much, but my Laramie had everything I wanted including perfect exterior color. Cannot help but think about how sexy the limited nose is. Headlights are shut down a bit more and the grill is amazing looking. Thougt it would be a neat project one day to try.

Rayzram

Reaction score
I thought they have same headlight!

Nope thats how I could tell at quick glance the model differences when snooping on lots. actually are 3 headlight configurations at least. Limited model below.

Mohab

Reaction score
Got you, I thought you were talking about the longhorn which has same headlight like limited but different grill

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now see to me I’m the opposite as I prefer the Laramie lights lol. That’s why I love forums as you can like what you like without anyone hating on yaaa. If you are going to attempt it, I would shop EBay for the needed parts. Also see if your parts department are willing to give you the schematics at to what’s on each truck. :)

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Couple of observations from my grill swap.

1. Limited has different shaped grill so some trimming will be required if you keep Laramie headlights.

2. Not sure if the fascia on the Limited is the same as the Laramie. They look similar but hard to tell.

I have the diagrams for the different grills in my thread if you want some visuals.

Good luck!

Rayzram

Reaction score
Couple of observations from my grill swap.

1. Limited has different shaped grill so some trimming will be required if you keep Laramie headlights.

2. Not sure if the fascia on the Limited is the same as the Laramie. They look similar but hard to tell.

I have the diagrams for the different grills in my thread if you want some visuals.

Good luck!
I would love to swap out grill and headlights, but I am sure it will be a lot of research and planning.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would love to swap out grill and headlights, but I am sure it will be a lot of research and planning.

There is a thread on headlight removal where the OP temporarily installed the Limited headlight on a Laramie. The lights came on but he did not see if all the functions worked. He didnt mention it in the thread on this forum but did a post on another forum.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
_MG_0137WM.jpg

IMG_1939wm.jpg

IMG_1946wm.jpg

Thats kind of the opposite of what you're talking about, Limited lights on a Big Horn, but you can see the indentations in the lights where the Limited or Longhorn grille would protrude into. Also if you look at the other grilles compared to the Limited and Longhorn grille, they are one piece and bigger while the Limited and Longhorn grilles are a 2 piece with the chrome strip along the bottom and bottom of the headlights. I think to make it work you'd have to do the headlights and the whole deal.

2014-01-01 00.00.55.jpg

Attachments

• 30738491_1713585225400275_7197860516553818112_n.jpg
    30738491_1713585225400275_7197860516553818112_n.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 179

TXlaramie

Reaction score
I actually just did this conversion on my Laramie, except I used a Longhorn grill instead of the Limited. You will need the headlights, grill, chrome trim pieces that go under the headlights and new fascia pieces since they’re slightly different. It wasn’t cheap, but it looks a lot better in my opinion.

marcd118

Reaction score
I actually just did this conversion on my Laramie, except I used a Longhorn grill instead of the Limited. You will need the headlights, grill, chrome trim pieces that go under the headlights and new fascia pieces since they’re slightly different. It wasn’t cheap, but it looks a lot better in my opinion.
How much did that run you? Do the headlights work properly since they are adaptive?

TXlaramie

Reaction score
I bought everything new, so it was about $2700 or so. The headlights are plug and play, but I have to check to see if they move with the steering wheel. The adaptive part wasn’t that big of a deal to me.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
$2700 isn’t bad at all especially if there was no painting needing to be done. Can’t wait to see the completed photos.

TXlaramie

Reaction score
I can post pics, but it will just look like a Longhorn. The install wasn’t too bad either.

TXlaramie

Reaction score
The fascia pieces on either side will have to be painted. They come from the dealer unpainted.

Users who are viewing this thread