5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"GPS signal lost"

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 12" w/NAV has been doing the same for the last week whether my phone is connected or not.
Hello Lpsouth1978,

Please send us your VIN in a PM, we'd like to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Merlin

Reaction score
Any updates on this? It happened yesterday again after a short trip for lunch. I have the 8.4 with Navigation and I use Android Auto on a pixel 5. I still think it is an issued with an Android Auto update, but now wondering if it is an issue with the in vehicle navigation.

Bavet

Reaction score
Hello Bavet,

If you can send us your VIN in a PM, we'd like to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares
@RamCares My issue seems to have disappeared. At least it hasn't reared its ugly head lately. If it returns I will follow up with you. Thank you for reaching out. Perhaps you could persuade Ram engineering to fix my eTorque issue where my truck does not drop into gear when I go from P to D until I'm half way off the brake pedal. This problem goes away in Tow/Haul mode or Manual mode. I have a GT. Thanks.

Merlin

Reaction score
It just happened to me again with GPS signal lost. Then I lost wifi. I did the push two buttons for 10 seconds, turn off vehicle and open driver's door for a minute and that brought wifi back, but when I plugged my phone in I got the GPS signal lost notification again . Strange.

Nbv316

Reaction score
@RamCares , I also started getting the "GPS signal lost" alert starting last week. Starting today, Android Auto no longer connects between my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and 2022 1500 Limited with 12" Uconnect 5. I've tried deleting the phone profile and still no reconnection.

Bavet

Reaction score
Mine went away for a few days and now its back but not at every start up. My phone did recently update its software.

mac424

Reaction score
I've been having this issue for a while. It seems that if the Truck/Phone aren't connected to each other for a long time (overnight), the message does not happen. But if I get out of the truck and back in within an hour or two, I will get a message stating "GPS Signal Lost".

To be honest, this happens in my wife's 2022 Durango which also has the most recent Uconnect system

RamCares

Reaction score
@RamCares , I also started getting the "GPS signal lost" alert starting last week. Starting today, Android Auto no longer connects between my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and 2022 1500 Limited with 12" Uconnect 5. I've tried deleting the phone profile and still no reconnection.
Hello NBV316,

Please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Xchief

Reaction score
Ok I'm having the same "Lost GPS" issue on and off with my radio. I'm also getting the "Uconnect Box Error" anyone else? And now today my ventilated seat option is gone! Is this all related? I believe I have the latest version S24.13. Funny thing is this all started when my free trial for Uconnect ended. And for some channels Sirius says No Internet Signal that had worked before. Again is this all related? Everything was working perfectly up until last week.

Bavet

Reaction score
Ok I'm having the same "Lost GPS" issue on and off with my radio. I'm also getting the "Uconnect Box Error" anyone else? And now today my ventilated seat option is gone! Is this all related? I believe I have the latest version S24.13. Funny thing is this all started when my free trial for Uconnect ended. And for some channels Sirius says No Internet Signal that had worked before. Again is this all related? Everything was working perfectly up until last week.
That's a good point about the trial ending. Mine recently ended also. I haven't noticed any of the other issues you're having though.

dski

Reaction score
Interested to follow - all sudden in the last ~2 weeks I randomly get "Lost GPS" announcement when I start my truck up. and I don't have navigation.

Roman2179

Reaction score
My issue with the GPS singal lost seems to have gone away. My Android Auto app on my phone is on version 8.1.626114.

Make sure Maps and Android Auto are fully up to date on your phone. I actually had to sideload the latest version of AA from the "APK Mirror" site but all seems fine now. I was on version 7.6ish previously.

dski

Reaction score
I'm android too that auto connects Android auto so I assumed it was my phone too as that was the only software updates

Merlin

Reaction score
I deleted android auto from my phone and then re-installed the app. I haven't heard it since, but I probably just jinxed myself. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Mine has not given me the GPS lost in a week or 2 now. Idk if something updated or not but I didn't do anything to fix it.

RamCares

Reaction score
Mine has not given me the GPS lost in a week or 2 now. Idk if something updated or not but I didn't do anything to fix it.
Bigbags85,

If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/