5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"GPS signal lost"

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since Thursday morning - everytime I start the truck, the women that lives in the dash says "GPS signal lost". I don't really know if it is Uconnect or Android Auto. But the thing is the screen still shows my progress on the map on both systems. Any one else have this happening?
@RamCares

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the truck's nav seems happy, it could be your phone losing the sat signal. Does it happen if you leave your phone behind?

LEB24601

Reaction score
Since Thursday morning - everytime I start the truck, the women that lives in the dash says "GPS signal lost". I don't really know if it is Uconnect or Android Auto. But the thing is the screen still shows my progress on the map on both systems. Any one else have this happening?
@RamCares
I'm having the same issue. It started a few days ago also.

LEB24601

Reaction score
If the truck's nav seems happy, it could be your phone losing the sat signal. Does it happen if you leave your phone behind?
It appears to be phone or android auto related. No issue with phone turned off. With the phone on I get the message as soon as android auto comes up on the screen.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@RamCares
Hello MidnightExpre$$,

Send us a PM with your Uconnect software information, we'd be happy to look into this further for you. Put your vehicle into the ON or ACC position and perform the following--

Go to “Vehicle Settings” then select “ System
Information” and look for “Version Information”

William
Ram Cares

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
My 12" w/NAV has been doing the same for the last week whether my phone is connected or not.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I also noticed today that whenever I call or receive a phone call in the truck now the audio defaults to the phone when it used to go to the truck. I had to go in and change some setting in the truck that said activate bluetooth (maybe?) even though the audio from the podcast I was listening to on the phone was already going to the truck.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My understanding: Bluetooth is a "standard" that encompasses more than one service and many versions. Sometimes a connected device will tell you "connected for voice and music", and you may see two symbols on the display. So it sounds like they are two separate things, right? So the voice or phone service is monophonic (I think) and bi-directional and possibly doing things like dialing and caller ID. The music service is uni-directional stereo (most versions) and uses the connected device as a set of speakers. If you dig deep enough, you may find settings that let you turn these on or off independently. All of which may not directly affect the original subject of the post, but these things are computers trying to share data with each other in multiple formats with random versions. What could go wrong?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
maybe this is an andriod auto thing? maybe android had an update?
does anyone with an iphone experience the same problem?

Roman2179

Reaction score
Looks like I am not the only one. Mine started doing the same thing last week as well. I think it's Android Auto related. If I had to guess, it's a bad update pushed by Google for either Maps, Android Auto, or both.

Last edited:

Merlin

Reaction score
I did some research on this because it started last week for me as well. There was an Android Auto update that apparently is causing it. It is happening to people with different makes and models of vehicles who are running android auto. I have a pixel 5 and it does it, not everytime i connect with the usb-c but its about half the time. Im not sure if it is because of wireless android auto being turned on or not. The good news is that you really arent losing the wifi signal, I think it is just dropping from the phone and going to uconnect. Time will tell, but no reason to obsess over it. I did for about 4 hours this weekend. It is just a bug, but causes no gps issues. You can download a gps program called gps status and toolbox which will tell you if there are any issues. when I did all was fine. that was recommended on Googles answer page.

peterv

Reaction score
Mine started last week as well.... 2022 1500 sport 12" UConnect 5...

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with my 8.4 non nav system. Started last week.
Hello Bavet,

If you can send us your VIN in a PM, we'd like to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread