5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gotta Say, these trucks can take a hit.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The adjuster called me yesterday and said he had ~$9,500 worth of parts, and that's before they cut the rear door open, as they can't get either door to budge. I forgot to mention all OEM parts to him, so I have to call on Monday and see what he spec'd out. He guessed it could go much higher, but he did say it wasn't gong to be totaled at all.

My question for you guys now is, how do I know when they should be totaling a vehicle due to structural / safety concerns? My guess is that it's in this guy's best interest to have my truck fixed, because then the insurance company doesn't have to pay as much. I'm not suspicious of foul play or anything at this point, I just like to be informed is all.

Edit: It looks like they used the OEM parts by default, because in the fine print it says they call out Non-OEM parts. Here's the estimate for anyone interested. And I think he said 23 or 27 days until it's completed. I doubt that, but we'll see.

Attachments

• Repair Estimate 09 Aug 2019 Edited.pdf
    19.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The adjuster called me yesterday and said he had ~$9,500 worth of parts, and that's before they cut the rear door open, as they can't get either door to budge. I forgot to mention all OEM parts to him, so I have to call on Monday and see what he spec'd out. He guessed it could go much higher, but he did say it wasn't gong to be totaled at all.

My question for you guys now is, how do I know when they should be totaling a vehicle due to structural / safety concerns? My guess is that it's in this guy's best interest to have my truck fixed, because then the insurance company doesn't have to pay as much. I'm not suspicious of foul play or anything at this point, I just like to be informed is all.

Edit: It looks like they used the OEM parts by default, because in the fine print it says they call out Non-OEM parts. Here's the estimate for anyone interested. And I think he said 23 or 27 days until it's completed. I doubt that, but we'll see.
I believe when the vehicle is within a model year new or so that they have to use OEM parts anyway

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Only real way to write it off is severe frame damage. Even if the damage got to the frame they can put it on the frame straightener if it only hit it. I am thinking those 23 to 27 days are work days so going to be close to 2 months. Mine took a little over 2 months.

Checkairspeed

Reaction score

First question is why a repair in Mass when you live in SWFL? If they are at 9500 before cutting doors, there could be trouble on the opposite side of the frame. Check the alignment on the left side for all body panels. Also, I would request a before and after alignment check with printout, even if you have to pay for the before check. That way if the frame is bent, they will prob not be able to get the alignment correct. Definitely go for a diminished value with Geico as this will show up in CarFax and will decrease your trade in on that 2021 you’ll be considering. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I wish you the best.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First question is why a repair in Mass when you live in SWFL? If they are at 9500 before cutting doors, there could be trouble on the opposite side of the frame. Check the alignment on the left side for all body panels. Also, I would request a before and after alignment check with printout, even if you have to pay for the before check. That way if the frame is bent, they will prob not be able to get the alignment correct. Definitely go for a diminished value with Geico as this will show up in CarFax and will decrease your trade in on that 2021 you’ll be considering. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I wish you the best.

I never switched my reg when I moved, and I came back up to visit family for a few weeks and it looks like I'm going to stay now, regardless of the accident. So it kind of worked out in that way. Good news is that the truck is a lease, so if I get boned on diminished value, I can still just give them the truck back and walk away instead of trading.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday, 54 days into a 23 day repair, I stopped by to check on the truck after the third time I was told it would be ready by the end of the week (last week) with no call and no info when it wasn't done, yet again. Found the truck with no bed, no glass, no interior, a promise of Thursday this week for delivery, and....

AN EMPTY CORONA BOTTLE IN THE CUP HOLDER.

Bertera Collision Center, West Springfield Massachusetts. Just so you guys know who to avoid.

They tried to say they found the bottle in my truck, to which I replied, I don't drink corona's and I cleaned out the truck before I brought it here. Also, they found the bottle two months into it being torn down? I don't think so.

Anyone know what I can do here? I'm stuck at this body shop because they're already paid and well into the repairs, but they suck **** and I honestly don't want the truck back from these guys with how things are going.

20190924_140845217_iOS.jpg 20190924_140854575_iOS.jpg 20190924_140908599_iOS.jpg
20190924_141017327_iOS.jpg
20190924_141031559_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Wow that is incredibly unprofessional to say the least. No glass? The interior is exposed to the elements? I would reach out to your insurance co and explain the situation to them and request that payment be stopped or reversed or maybe just pay them for the limited work they did and then have it taken somewhere else. I would also contact a local attorney and discuss beginning an action. At the very least it might motivate them

raven_DT

Reaction score
Hate to say it but windows down, if it rained your interior is hosed. So much electronics, seat motors and exposed mild steel. The vegetation growth looks like it hasn't moved in a while too. Looks like they took it out and hooned it, then parked it. Looks like they just bought it. Contact your insurance company and show them the photos.

NinjaMJD

Reaction score
Is that a shop of your choice or the insurance recommended shop? You’re probably hosed if you chose the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread