5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye HEMI

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I don't believe this article, but I don't see any specific references here. Where did this journalist get the information?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thats a good question, he said it's been "confirmed". Is it possible MSN would have a less than honest news article?

MSN pulled it from Motorious

Who is referring to info from

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is about Dodge. Dodge makes passenger cars.

How does it apply to Ram Trucks?
Because we are all one big happy Stellantis family. They're not just going to replace V8s in one platform. The goal is to eliminate V8s all together. Our new French overlords will certainly accelerate that process. Maybe '23 you will only be able to get the ET Hemi in a Ram. At one point it was strongly rumored that SRT vehicles would be the only V8s left, but now it seems like SRT will slowly die off as well. Who knows. It won't happen right away, and Ram trucks will probably hold out the longest, but they've been talking about the GME T6 replacing all V8s for a long time.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
at 63 years old, I believe I am from the last generation that grew up and went through high school before there were computers in homes, or the internet. I saw the computer revolution happen as in unfolded. I feel the same way about gas engines now....we are seeing the last days of the ICE, and the evolving vehicle revolution to all electric. I'll be dead but eventually it will be Hydrogen fuel-cell.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
at 63 years old, I believe I am from the last generation that grew up and went through high school before there were computers in homes, or the internet. I saw the computer revolution happen as in unfolded. I feel the same way about gas engines now....we are seeing the last days of the ICE, and the evolving vehicle revolution to all electric. I'll be dead but eventually it will be Hydrogen fuel-cell.
Unfortunately it isn't evolving naturally or being driven by a free market. It's a case of square peg, round hole and a giant bureaucratic hammer

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ICE engines will go away. Could take 40 years but they're going away. The trucks will get more hybrid, more turbos and more electrical. People will be able to buy a combustion engine from the big three for a long time but one day...they won't. So while the Hemi V8 Ram 1500 isn't dead in 2024, someone's job at Stellantis is to replace it and they're working on it right now as we talk about it.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There will inevitably be a forced induction 6 or 4 cylinder engine offering on the Ram 1500's before going all electric.
The consolation prize is that low RPM / high torque can be fun to play with.....just no more rumble.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well if it were my job at fca, I'd be stuffing a giant battery pack into this truck and making a 5.7/electric hybrid. It would be killer performance, and probably much better MPG too!

Then we can putter around with that for another 10+ years until electric grid catches up and we can actually use 100% electric trucks.

JimD007

Reaction score
I think Ford is betting wrong by putting turbos on everything. I think the car manufacturers who go electric first will also regret it. Turbo engines will not last as long as normally aspirated. Smarter consumers will buy NA. Battery packs will not last more than about 100K miles and are VERY expensive to replace. It is good for manufacturers to reduce the longevity of our vehicles but it is not good for us. I am pretty sure I will be able to get vehicles with normal aspiration and without electric propulsion for as long as God keeps me here. But I would guess my kids may have to use one or both technologies. But I still think it is best to be a late adopter. Let others be the ones that have the short lived vehicle while they "get the bugs out". If I had to use one of the later technologies it would be a hybrid. At least I would have a ICE.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
The danger in the shift to electric is it isn't being decided by the free market. No amount of R&D from automakers will be able to overcome massive infrastructure issues or buyer hesitancy. But unfortunately that won't stop certain groups from pushing the issue.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If this turns out to be true, I’m happy about it. It’s time to bring these trucks into the 21st-century(powertrain-wise). There is a replacement for displacement- it’s forced induction.

Users who are viewing this thread