5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

U

User_3336

Just took delivery of a 2021 Ram Limited V-8 . Looking into extended warranty now rather than at 3/36 due to potential price increase & potential change or cancelation of program as is. I have what to me seems a good quote from Tom Winkels at hayescars.com but here in the forum I saw people mention talking to Sam or Bob Cline at Zurich. I called Zurich but they indicated their warranty is sold only through authorized dealers & I could not speak directly to anyone there.
Sam and Bob Cline work for ZEIGLER, not Zurich!!!

www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary

fubar414

Reaction score
So I found this forum AFTER purchasing my truck, and more importantly the warranty from my original dealership. I just called Zeigler, and they stated that if I already have a warranty from another dealership, that they can NOT sell me a warranty at all, even if I cancel the other warranty... :mad::mad::mad:

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I found this forum AFTER purchasing my truck, and more importantly the warranty from my original dealership. I just called Zeigler, and they stated that if I already have a warranty from another dealership, that they can NOT sell me a warranty at all, even if I cancel the other warranty... :mad::mad::mad:
You already have a mopar warranty but want to cancel to get a better price and they won't let you? Or do you have a 3rd party warranty?

fubar414

Reaction score
The paperwork at the top says horizon portfolio protection, so I'm guessing it's not a MOPAR warranty...

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The paperwork at the top says horizon portfolio protection, so I'm guessing it's not a MOPAR warranty...
That sounds really weird that they said you cannot get another warranty even after you cancel the current one? Someone else have experience on this?

fubar414

Reaction score
That sounds really weird that they said you cannot get another warranty even after you cancel the current one? Someone else have experience on this?
I emailed Clay, and he said the same thing, but he also said that my warranty isn't considered a Mopar warranty, so we're good to go.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I emailed Clay, and he said the same thing, but he also said that my warranty isn't considered a Mopar warranty, so we're good to go.
glad theyre letting you move to a mopar warranty.

BigAdge

Reaction score
FYI Emailed clay and Ziegler both said 2300 via email for 8/125k $200 ded. Emailed back and asked if they had any wiggle, no response from Clay, Ziegler (sam) took another $50 off, called and bought the 8/125 $200 for $2250. Worth the peace of mind IMO, not so worried about minor repairs, its the $1k, $2k, $3k stuff that would kill me. If I don't get my money out of it, then it is what it is. But the peace of mind on heavy repairs and a rental covered is worth it to me.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI Emailed clay and Ziegler both said 2300 via email for 8/125k $200 ded. Emailed back and asked if they had any wiggle, no response from Clay, Ziegler (sam) took another $50 off, called and bought the 8/125 $200 for $2250. Worth the peace of mind IMO, not so worried about minor repairs, its the $1k, $2k, $3k stuff that would kill me. If I don't get my money out of it, then it is what it is. But the peace of mind on heavy repairs and a rental covered is worth it to me.
A quick note on the rental:

I just made my first "extended warranty visit". The rental only kicks in if the dealership determines that it will perform a repair, then you get a rental/"loaner" for a maximum of 5 days.

Until the dealership okays the repair transportation is on your dime, whether you have another vehicle, rent one, or if the dealership will rent you one of their "loaners".

If they have to order the parts you are better off taking the truck back until then (as long as it's safe to drive) as the extended warranty (FCA Stellantis service contract) is clear on the 5 days.

From my Max Care plan:

FIRST DAY RENTAL: First Day Rental Allowance provides up to $35.00 car rental allowance if the Vehicle is to be serviced for any
mechanical repair or maintenance service. Please note: Excludes rental for bodywork to the exterior sheet metal/composite panel or
collision repairs.

RENTAL ALLOWANCE: Rental Allowance will pay up to $35.00 per day for a rental any time repairs take overnight, and a
component covered by the Plan or the manufacturer’s Basic or Powertrain Warranty fails.
The Plan will not pay for rental charges for a vehicle that is awaiting service or parts unless the vehicle is inoperable due to a
mechanical failure of a covered component, or unless continued operation would cause further damage.
The rental vehicle must be obtained from a Dealer. If a Dealer does not have rental vehicles available, you may obtain one from a
licensed rental agency. Rental coverage is subject to state and local laws and policies imposed by the rental agency. Rental charges
in excess of the amount allowed by the Plan are your responsibility. The Plan is not responsible for any refusal of a rental agency to
rent a vehicle to you.

Total Rental Allowance per occurrence is a maximum of 5 days or $175.00.

I mistakenly thought I could apply the "First Day Rental" to the diagnosis and then I could cash in on the other 4 days after the dealership approved the repair. Turns out I can't start the rental coverage until the dealership determines "the Vehicle is to be serviced for any mechanical repair or maintenance service".

Last edited:
U

User_3336

Glad you got a good price from Zeigler!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have Sam's email? If I can get $100 off through him I will take it.

BigAdge

Reaction score
Do you have Sam's email? If I can get $100 off through him I will take it.
I emailed the standard email address listed on page 1,the reply was from Sam, I'd just email that main account and ask for the price you want and say you're ready to call in payment in full today and leave a #.

BigAdge

Reaction score
A quick note on the rental:

I just made my first "extended warranty visit". The rental only kicks in if the dealership determines that it will perform a repair, then you get a rental/"loaner" for a maximum of 5 days.

Until the dealership okays the repair transportation is on your dime, whether you have another vehicle, rent one, or if the dealership will rent you one of their "loaners".

If they have to order the parts you are better off taking the truck back until then (as long as it's safe to drive) as the extended warranty (FCA Stellantis service contract) is clear on the 5 days.

From my Max Care plan:

FIRST DAY RENTAL: First Day Rental Allowance provides up to $35.00 car rental allowance if the Vehicle is to be serviced for any
mechanical repair or maintenance service. Please note: Excludes rental for bodywork to the exterior sheet metal/composite panel or
collision repairs.

RENTAL ALLOWANCE: Rental Allowance will pay up to $35.00 per day for a rental any time repairs take overnight, and a
component covered by the Plan or the manufacturer’s Basic or Powertrain Warranty fails.
The Plan will not pay for rental charges for a vehicle that is awaiting service or parts unless the vehicle is inoperable due to a
mechanical failure of a covered component, or unless continued operation would cause further damage.
The rental vehicle must be obtained from a Dealer. If a Dealer does not have rental vehicles available, you may obtain one from a
licensed rental agency. Rental coverage is subject to state and local laws and policies imposed by the rental agency. Rental charges
in excess of the amount allowed by the Plan are your responsibility. The Plan is not responsible for any refusal of a rental agency to
rent a vehicle to you.

Total Rental Allowance per occurrence is a maximum of 5 days or $175.00.

I mistakenly thought I could apply the "First Day Rental" to the diagnosis and then I could cash in on the other 4 days after the dealership approved the repair. Turns out I can't start the rental coverage until the dealership determines "the Vehicle is to be serviced for any mechanical repair or maintenance service".
So if the truck has a mechanical problem they will cover the rental if it's waiting for parts though from what I read, my hope would be if the parts delivery and repair take longer than the 5 days the dealer will get me in a loaner until it's resolved.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You get 5 days tops and that's after the parts arrive. Basically you get a free "loaner" while they are actively repairing your truck. I'm sure you might be able to negotiate something if it goes past 5 days due to the service department but after 5 days they can cut you off as far as free temporary transportation.

The only way you get a loaner while awaiting parts is if you pay out of pocket for it or the truck is inoperable due to the approved repair.

My dealership was happy to give me a loaner/rental and charge me $40/day for the time not covered by the Max Care extended warranty. I said no thanks.

mtehonica

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but finalizing a deal with Aaron @ Mark Dodge. They have an interesting take on Ziegler, wondering if anyone has any feedback or if the finance department is just being the standard finance department...

“Ziegler offers Mopar. Now that the Mopar warranties are no longer facilitated by Mopar (meaning it’s a 3rd party that they do not disclose who it is) we ceased using them. When it came to claims, it became a “yes” or a “no” and no flexibility in between. Occasionally there can be an in between and we found that in those situations they would not side with our customers and there was no one to call to explain.

Mopar VP is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau and their affiliate Mopar Performance has a C- rating.

LDS has an A+ rating with the BBB.

We use LDS Warranty to ensure that our customers get the quality of protection that they pay for, nationwide. (attachment)”

Attachments

• bbb.lds.pdf
    398.3 KB · Views: 39
U

User_3336

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but finalizing a deal with Aaron @ Mark Dodge. They have an interesting take on Ziegler, wondering if anyone has any feedback or if the finance department is just being the standard finance department...

“Ziegler offers Mopar. Now that the Mopar warranties are no longer facilitated by Mopar (meaning it’s a 3rd party that they do not disclose who it is) we ceased using them. When it came to claims, it became a “yes” or a “no” and no flexibility in between. Occasionally there can be an in between and we found that in those situations they would not side with our customers and there was no one to call to explain.

Mopar VP is not accredited with the Better Business Bureau and their affiliate Mopar Performance has a C- rating.

We use LDS Warranty to ensure that our customers get the quality of protection that they pay for, nationwide. (attachment)”
Since WHEN are MOPAR ESP'S no longer faciliatated by Mopar?????? My contract came directely from FCA.

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
So if the truck has a mechanical problem they will cover the rental if it's waiting for parts though from what I read, my hope would be if the parts delivery and repair take longer than the 5 days the dealer will get me in a loaner until it's resolved.
I'd be calling my insurance carrier, with service dept also on the line, to confirm that scenario

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This sounds like a line of crap that a finance department employee would say to earn his commission on selling you a 3rd party warranty.. Hopefully others can chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread