5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

KCViper

Reaction score
I think Zeigler sells in volume. You're almost always likely to get a better price by calling. You might not speak directly to Bob Cline but he has plenty of dedicated staff to handle your quote.

Current promo code "PAYINFULL" = $365 off online price.

[email protected]
Yep, I would highly recommend calling and talking to Sam. She is very nice and answered all my questions (I'm sure she answers the same questions 50x daily)!! Very, very easy purchase and saved quite a lot of money vs buying at selling dealership for sure!!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
As I’m nearing the three year mark in June, this morning I went ahead and purchased the Maximum Care 6yr/60k/$200 for $745 with the PAYINFULL code. An unbelievable deal for extra piece of mind.

The whole process took literally 5 min online.

Thanks to everyone that shared the promo codes and their knowledge. This is my first time purchasing an extended warranty.

Cheers,

U

User_3336

As I’m nearing the three year mark in June, this morning I went ahead and purchased the Maximum Care 6yr/60k/$200 for $745 with the PAYINFULL code. An unbelievable deal for extra piece of mind.

The whole process took literally 5 min online.

Thanks to everyone that shared the promo codes and their knowledge. This is my first time purchasing an extended warranty.

Cheers,
Glad you were able to save some money with the promo code. Bob Cline @ Zeigler has always been generous with promo codes.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
8yr/125k w/$100 Deductible = $2880
8yr/125k w/$200 Deductible = $2350

Is paying an extra $500 worth the $100 deductible? Thoughts?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

I went with the $200 option since I am hoping to only using this for major repairs if they arise.
In your case, it will be an additional $100 per year to have the lower deductible (since you are actually getting a 5-year warranty after your factory warranty runs out).

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. It all depends on how problematic your vehicle is. If you don't use the warranty that much it may make sense to save the 500 quid and go with the cheaper option.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
One more thing...
If I were you, I would wait a few months. You will get a feel for how good (or bad) your truck is. Some folks get great trouble free trucks and some get lemons.
You do not have to purchase the warranty when you get the truck. In fact, you can wait until the end and purchase it then (that's what I did).

Cheers,

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing these figures, is that with the Ziegler "payinfull" code?

On the pros & cons, I guess it's just economics. I'll likely go for the higher deductible. If a Trim piece loses its adhesive or clip and I have to pay $150 for a new piece and DIY install it at home, big deal. If a tailgate piece breaks, same thing...a couple hundred bucks and I'll do it myself.

But if a major component of the Diesel engine goes and it's $2500 - $5000 in repairs, I won't care about having to cough up $200 for it out of pocket. I assume the warranty is going to shine on those $1000+ parts like LED Headlights or some electronic gizmo that requires $2k in labor to take apart the entire dash.

PhillyPhan

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing these figures, is that with the Ziegler "payinfull" code?

On the pros & cons, I guess it's just economics. I'll likely go for the higher deductible. If a Trim piece loses its adhesive or clip and I have to pay $150 for a new piece and DIY install it at home, big deal. If a tailgate piece breaks, same thing...a couple hundred bucks and I'll do it myself.

But if a major component of the Diesel engine goes and it's $2500 - $5000 in repairs, I won't care about having to cough up $200 for it out of pocket. I assume the warranty is going to shine on those $1000+ parts like LED Headlights or some electronic gizmo that requires $2k in labor to take apart the entire dash.
Yeah that’s with the PAYINFULL code.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased thru Clay about a yr ago. Emailed him asking for options and a quote for each level. At the time he beat everyone's pricing. Called him direct with CC payment, he emailed all documents. Easypeasy transaction!

x2 Clay is slightly cheaper than Ziegler

ben b

Reaction score
Wow - great work Silent Bob! Thank you for publishing your great data! Much appreciated.

I'm waiting for delivery of my Longhorn Limited (ordered 2/28, current status D). After I take delivery, I'll be heading Zeigler's way. Lots of discussion on other forums on whether the extended service contracts are worthwhile. With Zeigler's price, the peace of mind will definitely be nice to have.

U

User_3336

Like $50

Sure if I would’ve taken Clay’s quote to Ziegler they might* beat it. But Clay is the best price for one and done
Zeigler would have beat it. Bob has said before he would always would.

U

User_3336

Sure but Clay gives his best price upfront, instead of playing games with getting Ziegler to beat him

One should buy from ever you want. There is plenty of information in the forums with experiences from several online dealers.. It only takes minutes to call and get a quote. It only takes minutes to get an online quote.

Some say Clay has the best price. At the time I bought mine, Zeigler beat anyone by $50.

Why are you saying Zeigler is playing games? there are a number of us that have purchased from Zeigler, have had an awesome buying experience, and got a great price.

Oilslick

Reaction score
In the past, I've taken the best internet price quote to my local CDJR dealership when I purchase a vehicle from them and they either match or beat the best internet warranty price I have. Some CDJR dealerships would rather make some $$$ on a warranty than no $$$ or lose it to a competitor on a internet site.
It's worth a try.
😎

U

User_3336

In the past, I've taken the best internet price quote to my local CDJR dealership when I purchase a vehicle from them and they either match or beat the best internet warranty price I have. Some CDJR dealerships would rather make some $$$ on a warranty than no $$$ or lose it to a competitor on a internet site.
It's worth a try.
😎
Depends on the dealer. Some will match, some will whine they can't because they're "losing money".

KCViper

Reaction score
It's worth a try.
😎
Got a quote from my dealer when I ordered the truck and when asked if they would deal on the price, replied "not much" and seemed like they were doing me the favor of allowing me to buy from them. Found the same warranty through Zeigler for over $1400 less (same exact warranty)!! Figured there was no reason to even discuss with the dealer, so I took my business to Zeigler and never looked back. Sam at Zeigler was great to talk with and reduced the online price a little!

Oilslick

Reaction score
Got a quote from my dealer when I ordered the truck and when asked if they would deal on the price, replied "not much" and seemed like they were doing me the favor of allowing me to buy from them. Found the same warranty through Zeigler for over $1400 less (same exact warranty)!! Figured there was no reason to even discuss with the dealer, so I took my business to Zeigler and never looked back. Sam at Zeigler was great to talk with and reduced the online price a little!
Well, sorry it didn't work for you. It worked for me on several instances as the "business manager" and I were doing the paperwork for the vehicle purchase. They weren't really happy about the deal, but I do buy a lot of vehicles from them and also send business to them so I guess they just wanted to keep me happy. Like I stated earlier, it's worth a try. If they refuse, take your money and business elsewhere and/or buy online.

Cheers!!!

Bubs Ram

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram Limited with 3500 miles. I wanted an extended warranty so I reached out to the ones listed above. Zeigler and Clay Robbins were the only ones to get back with me. Since they seem to be the cheapest that was fine with me.

Since I don’t keep my vehicles very long I just went with a 5 year 100,000 mile $200 deductible Max Care Protection.

Initial Prices
Zeigler $1,170
Clay Robbins $1,120

Second Round
Zeigler $1,110
Clay Robbins $1,095

I bought from Clay Robbins. Very easy process, and he was the cheapest from the start. He also stated in an email that he will not be beat on price.

Zeigler website is by far the nicest so you can compare plans and deductibles. For example it was $225 cheaper for a 6 year 125,000 mile warranty vs the 5 year 125,000 warranty.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread