5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

Silent Bob

Reaction score
would take that 7/100 with $100 deduct. who is that thru? I'm all over ziegler site but don't see that option available.

All the contact information is on the first page of this post.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
thanks, got it. just didn't see that pricing so wasn't sure where he got it from but found it is a "special" that is not listed on their quote site.
It is? Didn’t realize that. I just went to the site and searched based on warranty type and length. Glad you could find it.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Any major exclusions?

I have the Nissan factory extended warranty, when I read the fine print I saw that things like adaptive cruise, GPS, etc. were excluded. However after reading this thread, I do wonder if perhaps it is a “fake” factory product seeing as how some folks said that Nissan dealer is no longer sell the factory product. It did come from a reputable source, says Nissan on it, and has the Nissan phone number/address

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any major exclusions?

I have the Nissan factory extended warranty, when I read the fine print I saw that things like adaptive cruise, GPS, etc. were excluded. However after reading this thread, I do wonder if perhaps it is a “fake” factory product seeing as how some folks said that Nissan dealer is no longer sell the factory product. It did come from a reputable source, says Nissan on it, and has the Nissan phone number/address

If you scroll down you’ll see the included list. They all out what’s not included:

• Maintenance services and items used in such services
  • Glass, plastic lenses
  • Body and paint items, including soft trim
  • Wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums and belts are not covered at any time
  • Snow plows, winches and trailer hitches

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

If you scroll down you’ll see the included list. They all out what’s not included:

• Maintenance services and items used in such services
  • Glass, plastic lenses
  • Body and paint items, including soft trim
  • Wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums and belts are not covered at any time
  • Snow plows, winches and trailer hitches
In short, identical to the 3/36 factory warranty.

Cheers,

U

User_3336

Don't know if you saw my prior post, if you're ok with a MaxCare 6/60/200, I got mine about three weeks ago for $745 (using the PAIDINFULL code).
Something to think about.

Cheers,
its "PAYINFULL" :)

Silent Bob

Reaction score
THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM:

• Repairs or replacement of any component covered by any of the Vehicle manufacturer warranties, Certified Warranty, part manufacturer warranties or recall policies; roadside assistance, loaner vehicles or other services which are eligible
to be covered by the Vehicle’s manufacturer warranty or marketing programs;
• Repairs required as a result of other than a manufacturing defect (such as a design defect or normal wear);
• Repair or replacement of any covered component when it has been determined that the condition existed prior to
purchasing the Plan;
• Plan benefits where the Vehicle odometer reading has been stopped or altered and/or the Vehicle’s actual mileage
cannot be readily determined;
• Brake pads, shoes, rotors and drums are not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);
• Reimbursement of services/benefits that exceed the total number of services/allowance included in Plan Coverage;
• Battery and cables; any battery for a component; spark plugs and wires; lights (bulb, sealed beams, lenses); suspension alignment; wheel balancing; wiper blades; catalytic converter, particulate filter and any other exhaust system components; heat shields and exhaust hangers; throttle body cleaning; evaporator deodorizing; carbon cleaning;
• High voltage battery is not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure);
• Repairs due to any alterations or modifications to the Vehicle not approved or recommended by the manufacturer, including but not limited to: (a) failure of any custom or add-on / aftermarket part (unless listed as a specific covered part); (b) emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications; engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications; (c) oversized/undersized tires; (d) all frame or suspension modifications; (e) lift kits;
• Repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of alterations or modifications not recommended
by the manufacturer;
• Plan benefits necessary as a result of (a) failure to properly care for or maintain the Vehicle; (b) fire, accident, abuse, vandalism, negligence, Acts of Terrorism or Act of God including but not limited to the Vehicle rendered inoperable due to snow, ice or flood; (c) failure to properly operate the Vehicle; (d) Vehicles that have been used or are being used for competitive speed events such as races or acceleration trials; (e) pulling a trailer that exceeds the rated capacity of the Vehicle or failure to adhere to the requirements for vehicles used to pull a trailer as outlined in the owner manual supplied by the manufacturer; (f) tampering with the emission system or with any parts that could affect that system; (g) use of dirty fluids, or fuels, refrigerants or other fluids which are not recommended by the manufacturer; (h) failure due to fluid contamination or sludge; (i) modifications not approved or recommended by the manufacturer; (j) overloading rated payload capacity of the Vehicle; (k) damage incurred by off-road usage; (l) rust, salt, corrosion, overheating, water intrusions/leaks, acid rain, chemicals, tree sap, hail, flood, lightning, fire, windstorm, earthquakes or other environmental causes or acts of nature; • Fasteners, bolts and attaching hardware that does not attach a covered component to another covered component;
• Repairs to a covered component where the component has been restricted by the manufacturer; repairs that are the direct result of the failure of a component that has been restricted by the manufacturer;
• Repairs caused by pre-ignition detonation, pinging, improper/contaminated fuel including fuels containing more than 10% ethanol (if the engine was not manufactured for this mixture);
• Repairs required as a result of use of other than the Vehicle manufacturer’s parts during the term of the Plan, unless authorized by us;
• Repairs to a covered component caused by the failure of a non-covered component and/or an aftermarket installation not performed by a Dealer, or any outside installation of "salvage or junk" components in conjunction with an insurance or damage claim. All part installations to satisfy such claims must be with new or factory authorized remanufactured components and parts;
• Bodily injury or property damage arising or allegedly arising out of a defect in the design, manufacture, materials or workmanship of a covered component;
• Any fines, fees or taxes which are associated with impound towing as a result of actual or alleged violation of any laws or regulations;
• Plan benefits to Vehicles operated outside of the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and Mexico;
• Plan benefits to Vehicles registered outside of the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico;
• Exterior - tires; trim; name plates; appliques; body sheet metal; glass; plastic lenses; paint; bright metal; bumpers; side-view mirrors (glass/ housing); wheel covers; steel wheels; aluminum wheels; rusted or frozen rims; weather strips; rust; water leaks; restricted drain tubes; wind noises; all outer body panels; spoilers; plastic and fiberglass body parts; vinyl tops; convertible top fabric; repairs or damage caused by environmental factors such as acid rain, tree sap, salt or ocean spray;
• Interior - trim; carpet; upholstery; dash pad; door and window handles; knobs; buttons; moldings; arm rests and head liner; cargo cover; cosmetic appearance; torn/worn/soiled;
• Mechanical - manual clutch assembly; clutch disc, pressure plate, clutch release bearing and pilot bearing (manual transmission); damage to flywheel as a result of a clutch failure; repairs to snow plows, winches and trailer hitches regardless of their installation;
• Cost or expenses for teardown, rental, inspection or diagnosis of failures not covered by the Plan;
• Shop supplies, waste disposal fees and materials;
• Repairs to any Vehicle where the title has become branded or the Vehicle has become restricted by the manufacturer after the purchase of the Plan;
• Maintenance services specified in the owner’s manual and the parts used in connection with such services;
• Repairs to a covered component caused by the failure of a non-covered component and/or an aftermarket installation
not performed by an authorized Dealer;
• Repairs or replacement to components covered by the Hybrid System Limited Warranty (refer to Warranty booklet for details);
• Hybrid components: hybrid charging system; hybrid electric cooling system; hybrid power invertor system;
• Portable Units including but not limited to - headphones; I-Pods; GPS units; DVD players; laptop computers; cellular phones; any hand-held device; Navigation DVD; spare tire compressor and tire sealant;
• Repair or replacement of Performance parts, Performance enhancing parts; repairs to covered components that are the direct result of failure of a performance part;
• Any economic loss of any kind, including but not limited to rental car expenses, consequential damages, incidental damages, or other losses that relate in any manner to your use or loss of use of the Covered Vehicle.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are tough on vehicles or plan on a lot modifications you will want to read the ESP exceptions before purchasing. Even if you have MOPAR parts (e.g. MOPAR 2" lift) it has to have been installed by a dealership to meet the letter of the law.

Everything has some flexibility based on what the dealership thinks they can get re-imbursed for (aka "spirit" of the law).

That goes for the basic warranty also, just the other way. The basic warranty covers repairs unless it was done from abuse, neglect, etc., where with the ESP the dealership needs verify it's covered in the ESP before they will bill Stellantis instead of you.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called Ziegler and very specifically asked if an LED headlight or taillight assembly was covered (close to $1000 value.) Due to the language in the ESP under “what is covered” and for the headlights and taillights it says something along the lines of “Headlight Module” But nothing about the entire assembly. Answer: as long as it was mechanical failure, YES... otherwise, NO as it is considered a wear item. Sooo, follow up question was, how do I know if it was failure or wear? She wasn’t too sure but it sounded like getting them to replace an LED assembly under the ESP was going to be a fight. That factored into my decision to not go through with the ESP at the time. If the LED assembly replacement was questionable, what else will they fight you on? I feel that these are valid questions one should be asking themselves before blindly paying for an ESP expecting that “it’s peace of mind and covers everything.”

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I called Ziegler and very specifically asked if an LED headlight or taillight assembly was covered (close to $1000 value.) Due to the language in the ESP under “what is covered” and for the headlights and taillights it says something along the lines of “Headlight Module” But nothing about the entire assembly. Answer: as long as it was mechanical failure, YES... otherwise, NO as it is considered a wear item. Sooo, follow up question was, how do I know if it was failure or wear? She wasn’t too sure but it sounded like getting them to replace an LED assembly under the ESP was going to be a fight. That factored into my decision to not go through with the ESP at the time. If the LED assembly replacement was questionable, what else will they fight you on? I feel that these are valid questions one should be asking themselves before blindly paying for an ESP expecting that “it’s peace of mind and covers everything.”
That is a great question. Would love to get a definitive answer. On my Infiniti, a $1000 headlight was covered via warranty. But when I read the fine print, a motorized headlight should be excluded.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

It does not cover bulbs, LED or otherwise. It does cover electrical failure. It will be up to your dealer to find the cause. It covers most things but not all things.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The LED lights seem to be part of the "spirit of the law" I mentioned earlier.

A lot will depend on the dealer as it ultimately lies with them to have the confidence to bill FCA and get paid under the ESP.

I don't have aspirations of major modifications so I look at it like this: I'm not young, I take good care of the truck, and I have a good relationship with my local service department. If there's a huge chunk missing from the light then I'll probably have to eat the cost but if the light looks in good condition but doesn't turn on then I think I have a good case for "electrical failure".

There's a lot of other high dollar repair items on this truck that I feel comfortable banking on a major issue to rear it's ugly head before 2026 (when my ESP ends). Even if the parts are not that expensive the labor cost to replace it doesn't go down based on the value of the part. My last truck had plenty of parts under $100 that I replaced but was labor-intensive for interference removal and replacement.

I'm more than happy to cough up $3000 early in ownership to enjoy the comfort that any major repair won't cost me over $100 for the next 5 years. YMMV

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm more than happy to cough up $3000 early in ownership to enjoy the comfort that any major repair won't cost me over $100 for the next 5 years. YMMV

Well, that’s what I thought too.. until the whole LED discussion came along. If it is indeed under “spirit of the law” and I can’t find a dealer who will honor that spirit... I’m out almost $1000 on the LED assembly. Plus the $1500 or so I shelled out for the now worthless ESP that won’t cover an expensive item. Not a win/win in my book and it throws a lot of the ”peace of mind” theory out the window. Where is the peace of mind if we’re going to have to fight for certain items that fall under spirit of the law or goodwill?
As long as there are expensive items that the ESP won’t cover or are left to the dealership’s/FCA’s interpretation, that’s a lot of money that potentially goes out the window.

I guess what I’m getting at is this... Why can’t there be an ESP that covers the **SAME EXACT THINGS** as the factory 3/36 warranty? I’d GLADLY shell out $1500 for that... That is true “peace of mind.”

U

User_3336

I guess what I’m getting at is this... Why can’t there be an ESP that covers the **SAME EXACT THINGS** as the factory 3/36 warranty? I’d GLADLY shell out $1500 for that... That is true “peace of mind.”

You are on the "blacklist" for buying and returning ESPs! LOL

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are on the "blacklist" for buying and returning ESPs! LOL
Point taken sir... Well in the end I’d rather be a dumbass and buy/return after finding stuff out I didn’t like, than being stuck with it and losing $$$. As of right now I’m not 100% sure of what exactly the ESP covers and what it does not - obviously, despite it all being in writing, apparently there are some items that are left to the dealers or FCA’s discretion and that is No Bueno.

Users who are viewing this thread