5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

Rong

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on an ESP. Got it from Ziegler, just used the site didn’t call. 8/85k for 1175$ after the payinfull promo code. I talked to dealers who were telling me 1500-1800. And I called mopar direct who have been emailing me constantly since I bought it and they told me 1900, I ask If that’s the best price that I had a quote for 1175 and he said that is nearly the “cost” price and he couldn’t even compete with it. Suggested that I just go with Ziegler at that price.

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on an ESP. Got it from Ziegler, just used the site didn’t call. 8/85k for 1175$ after the payinfull promo code. I talked to dealers who were telling me 1500-1800. And I called mopar direct who have been emailing me constantly since I bought it and they told me 1900, I ask If that’s the best price that I had a quote for 1175 and he said that is nearly the “cost” price and he couldn’t even compete with it. Suggested that I just go with Ziegler at that price.

Mopar is not supposed to undercut it's dealers so they will always be high.

U

User_3336

You paid about $100 over cost! ESP's are profit centers for actual dealers, so they're not going to sell to you for what an online retailer who sells in volume does.

Glad Zeigler gave you the best price! :)

Dodgeramfan

Reaction score
A bit off-topic, but related to extended warranties. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with an Allstate Vehicle Service Contract (extended warranty). I fully understand that many members here are adamant about only getting a factory backed extended warranty. I'm just interested in hearing about real-life experiences with the Allstate option (for any brand car or truck).

Some limited info about the plan: https://www.allstatecarcare.com/Products/vehicle-service-contract

As I understand it, it's an exclusion warranty (same as Max Care Plus). Thanks!

Note: This post from two years ago did not go very far on the topic: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...rience-with-allstate-extended-warranty.11134/

U

User_3336

A bit off-topic, but related to extended warranties. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with an Allstate Vehicle Service Contract (extended warranty). I fully understand that many members here are adamant about only getting a factory backed extended warranty. I'm just interested in hearing about real-life experiences with the Allstate option (for any brand car or truck).

Some limited info about the plan: https://www.allstatecarcare.com/Products/vehicle-service-contract

Note: This post from two years ago did not go very far on the topic: https://5thgenrams.com/community/th...rience-with-allstate-extended-warranty.11134/
Appears no one wants to fool with a third party warranty (you had only one response from your earlier thread).
There were a few posts about the "mechanical breakdown" insurance that Geico offers, but not much chatter on that either.

Appyfan

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about a May price increase? Just saw this on Chrysler Warranty Direct website. Not sure if that’s just their prices, or across the board. BDDBE421-4CB3-4C3B-8036-3D0C1D3EFDCB.png

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about a May price increase? Just saw this on Chrysler Warranty Direct website. Not sure if that’s just their prices, or across the board. View attachment 90145
There’s usually a price spike during the year then settles down a bit a few months later.

I would imagine it coincides with vehicle sales estimates.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I had Allstate on a Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel...used it enough to pay for itself and my experience was very good. Paid for itself and they seemed to work very well with the dealer. No complaints.

djwdjw

Reaction score
I can't figure out how you got that Ziegler price. I just selected the base maxcare 8/85K/$200 detuctable with the promo code and I see $1555. Did you go for something different?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't figure out how you got that Ziegler price. I just selected the base maxcare 8/85K/$200 detuctable with the promo code and I see $1555. Did you go for something different?

Based on the price he probably had a CPO truck because I know my 8yr/100k/$100 deductible was about $1500

Last edited:

Mirowpl

Reaction score
Man, the tone of this thread sucks tonight. All caps, calling people liars. I’m new here but this is turning into a witch hunt based on what one person posted. *deep breathes*

Maybe more appropriate of a question? Can someone with a warranty purchased from Ziegler talk about their experience utilizing the warranty coverage? I see a lot of people here getting a great deal on their warranty but has anyone here had to use it yet?

And Greg, please don’t take this as accusatory or offensive but are you a sales person or affiliated with RAM? You post a lot in this thread with a lot of authority. Are you just a fan like us? I mean that as a sincere question, you seem to know everything about warranties and I’ve appreciated your replies but you seem to know a LOT about them.

Thanks everyone, as the newbie, I’ll butt out again. I have no skin in the game, just trying to help.

I am just getting caught up on some reading today. I can speak to the mopar ESP. Bought my first one from Ziegler in 2009, Chrysler was in bankruptcy. It was the old unlimited time and miles. After about 100k I used for everything from ac full replacement to radio replaced. They even replaced a gas tank. No issues at all. I lived I. A different city back then and that dealership and the one I visit now always knew I had the maxcare.
i liked it so much that I added an esp to my wife Kia 3 yrs ago. And I just bought one from Ziegler for my new 2020 1500. The Kia dealership knew I was in banking and they gave me a great price for their platinum plan. my knowledge with Ziegler helped me with pricing on the Kia.

hope this helps

Rong

Reaction score
The price for the maxcare 8/85k 200$ deductible was 1540$ then the promo code took off365$ making my total price 1175. I’ve already got all my paperwork. Idk why it would have that price for you. Mine only has 4400 miles, are you over 12k miles?

Rong

Reaction score
I just looked on the website and for a 2019 with 12500 miles it cost 165$ more. But other than that I don’t see why you are getting that price. https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com is the Ziegler site I used. It has a quick quote option too look at every option.

ReiHido

Reaction score
What would be the best deal on years/miles and deductible?

I am looking at purchasing a Mopar warranty. The dealer I purchased from was also pushing really hard to get me to purchade their own 3rd party warranty saying that anything from the manufacturer was only limited coverage. Good thing I've been doing research on warranties.

U

User_3336

What would be the best deal on years/miles and deductible?

I am looking at purchasing a Mopar warranty. The dealer I purchased from was also pushing really hard to get me to purchade their own 3rd party warranty saying that anything from the manufacturer was only limited coverage. Good thing I've been doing research on warranties.

Did you read all 177 Posts? :)

DO NOT BUY A THIRD PARTY WARRANTY!!!! Buy a Genuine Mopar Plan.

Several online dealers to chose from who are A LOT cheaper than any plan your dealer can sell you.

Check out Zeigler. There is a promo code of "PAYINFULL" that will give you $365 off the posted internet prices.

www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary

U

User_3336

************************************************************************************
* Mopar will increase Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans prices on May 1, 2021. *
************************************************************************************

Users who are viewing this thread