5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

ReiHido

Reaction score
Did you read all 177 Posts? :)

DO NOT BUY A THIRD PARTY WARRANTY!!!! Buy a Genuine Mopar Plan.

Several online dealers to chose from who are A LOT cheaper than any plan your dealer can sell you.

Check out Zeigler. There is a promo code of "PAYINFULL" that will give you $365 off the posted internet prices.

www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary
I actually did read all of the posts. I was surprised they were pushing it so hard.

Any thoughts on the best deal for coverage?

U

User_3336

I actually did read all of the posts. I was surprised they were pushing it so hard.

Any thoughts on the best deal for coverage?
I'd only consider the MAXCARE! Coverage depends on how many years and the mileage you want to be covered. $100 deductible seems to be the sweet spot.

A third party warranty for a dealership finance office is a major cash cow ($$$$$ margin).

ReiHido

Reaction score
I'd only consider the MAXCARE! Coverage depends on how many years and the mileage you want to be covered. $100 deductible seems to be the sweet spot.

A third party warranty for a dealership finance office is a major cash cow ($$$$$ margin).
Thanks for the help! I'll look into it.

Yes, I would imagine that is where they make their money. The cost they were throwing out was ridiculous. I denied that coverage so quickly. They were very surprised.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
************************************************************************************
* Mopar will increase Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans prices on May 1, 2021. *
************************************************************************************
Greg, how much of an increase? Still waiting on my refund from my 3rd party so I don’t want to purchase until I get that!

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Greg, how much of an increase? Still waiting on my refund from my 3rd party so I don’t want to purchase until I get that!

for reference, the last few increases have been around $150

U

User_3336

No idea. Last increases have been around $100 to $150. This note of the increase was on the header of the
Zeigler website.

bskubon

Reaction score
Thanks for the alert, just ordered the 8/85k/200 for $1175. Sad thing is it doesn’t kick in for another two years, but, I assume their prices will continue to increase.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought coverage would begin from the truck's "in-service" date?
It does. Regardless of when you buy the ESP it "starts" from the day the truck was first bought.

I think bskubon was referring to not being able to use the ESP until after the basic warranty runs out.

If you wait until closer to the end of your basic warranty to purchase there are price bumps after 12K miles and 24K miles.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

Reaction score
I thought coverage would begin from the truck's "in-service" date?

Coverage does begin from the truck's "in-service" date.

The extended warranty will not cover anything that is currently covered by the original factory warranty. Rental cars and other extras are immediately available as they are not part of the factory warranty.

New Vehicle plan coverage and Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle plan coverage begin on the vehicle's warranty start date (the date the vehicle was delivered to its original owner) and at zero miles. This coverage does not begin upon expiration of the new vehicle warranty. For example: Your vehicle's warranty start date is July 1, 2019 and the odometer reads 10,000 miles. You purchase a 5-Year / 100,000-Mile Maximum Care℠ plan on November 1, 2019. Your coverage starts on July 1, 2019 and expires on July 1, 2024 or when your odometer reads 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

LouNY

Reaction score
I just went ahead and got mine also;
I went with the 8 year 125,000 on my 2019 with 20,000 just about $3300.
She was put in service 2/28/19 so good till 2/28/27,
now to see if I make it that long.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I did the 7/Unlimited using the Happy code. No sense in paying out $2300 today to save $100

bskubon

Reaction score
Yep, Brian42 is correct. Didn’t want to pay more in May this year and probably a bump next year, plus any more based on mileage before the 3/36 runs out. Will be curious to see what the price is for same plan in two years.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, Brian42 is correct. Didn’t want to pay more in May this year and probably a bump next year, plus any more based on mileage before the 3/36 runs out. Will be curious to see what the price is for same plan in two years.
Zeigler is showing $3480 for the plan I got which is about $400 more than what it was listing for when I got it in 2019 - 7 years | unlimited miles | $100 deductible

This is just the list price and doesn't include any negotiating, haggling, or discount codes. Speaking of discount codes...

I did the 7/Unlimited using the Happy code. No sense in paying out $2300 today to save $100
This is the first I've heard of the 'happy' code. Out of curiosity I ran a dummy quote and tried out some promo codes on the Ziegler site and came up with this:

PAYINFULL: -$365

That one is for buying the plan outright. If you plan to finance the policy (XX% down and 12 monthly payments) then you can apply any one of these (sorry, they cannot be combined):

HAPPY: -$250
DAMON2: -$200
DAMON: -$150

U

User_3336

Thanks for the alert, just ordered the 8/85k/200 for $1175. Sad thing is it doesn’t kick in for another two years, but, I assume their prices will continue to increase.
Well, you avoid be price hikes @ 12,000 and 24,000 miles at least. There are several benefits buying earlier other than price. Key fob replacement, rental car reimbursement among others.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are several benefits buying earlier other than price. Key fob replacement, rental car reimbursement among others.
I never considered any additional benefits that would supplement the basic warranty as my dealership has taken care of everything and given me a loaner at no cost to me for the first 36K miles.

The rental re-imbursement does not start until after they diagnose your truck and agree to the repair(s) unless it's unsafe to drive. If your dealership is anything like mine they are more than happy to provide a loaner to you at $40/day until the diagnosis is done. ;)

Dodgeramfan

Reaction score
About to buy an extended warranty. At the checkout page for Chrysler Factory Plans (Zeigler), there's a checkbox: "I understand that existing repair conditions are not covered, under any circumstance." I've had my 2021 RAM in for repair of the backup camera (to be replaced when the part arrives). Does anyone know if the rear camera is an "existing repair condition" that won't ever be covered by the extended warranty?

Users who are viewing this thread