5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For reference...

Last week, before the price increase, l bought an 8 yr 125k plan for my 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 4x4, 9000 miles for $2350 after the "payinfull" discount...

After the price increase, that same plan after discount is $2490

Went up $140
Same plan that I got and the same increase for me. Glad I got it before the price jumped.

revjvegas

Reaction score
I see that the Auto Appearance Care Plus Option includes coverage for rock chips and up to 6" cracks on the windshield, but what if the crack is worse. Is there coverage to have the entire windshield replaced?

Anyone have a windshield replaced with the ESP?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Mopar Max Care ESP specifically states that glass is not covered.

Every windshield I've had replaced was at no cost to me via my auto insurance.

U

User_3336

My Mopar Max Care ESP specifically states that glass is not covered.

Every windshield I've had replaced was at no cost to me via my auto insurance.
Didn't you have a deductible on your insurance policy?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Didn't you have a deductible on your insurance policy?
I don't know what CA rules are but I have comprehensive coverage with $0 deductible so my windshield replacement is free as long as it is a safety issue, either a large defect that affects the overall integrity of the windshield (like a large crack) or something in the driver's acute viewing area.

Some insurance companies provide free windshield replacement with comprehensive coverage no matter what your deductible is.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
So I am reading this correctly that Diesel engines are excluded from these programs?

Kone

Reaction score
I'm retired so don't put a lot of miles on. Just got two quotes from Zeigler for my days-old Big Horn.

6/60/200 - $655
7/75/200 - $1020

Big jump to go just extra 1/15 but then again, how much can happen between 36k-60k? Then again, odds are not much will happen between 36-75 either. The 6/60/$655 is tempting since I can spend that much on just about any repair but still leaning towards passing on an EW completely.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I'm retired so don't put a lot of miles on. Just got two quotes from Zeigler for my days-old Big Horn.

6/60/200 - $655
7/75/200 - $1020

Big jump to go just extra 1/15 but then again, how much can happen between 36k-60k? Then again, odds are not much will happen between 36-75 either. The 6/60/$655 is tempting since I can spend that much on just about any repair but still leaning towards passing on an EW completely.
Congratulations on your retirement! I hear it is the land of endless Saturday’s

Kone

Reaction score
Congratulations on your retirement! I hear it is the land of endless Saturday’s
Thanks. I left at age 54 and it's been almost five years. Ya know, for me, there don't seem to be enough hours in a day; get up early
and before I know it it's happy hour. I'm busy all the time. I honestly don't know how I kept up with stuff when i was working (I guess I didn't).

revjvegas

Reaction score

6/60/200 - $655
7/75/200 - $1020

That's the part I struggle with...is the EW really worth it. I know there are a lot of electrical computerized gremlins in today's high tech trucks and you never know what "might" happen down the road, but just how many repairs does one need to "justify" the cost of the EW is what keeps me delaying pulling the trigger on one.

And yeah, congrats on the retirement...I'm at 54 now and the itch is real. :)

U

User_3336

6/60/200 - $655
7/75/200 - $1020

Did you use the promo code "PAYINFULL" to take $365 off?

Oilslick

Reaction score
I just received an email this morning from Clay Robbins. He finally got back to me with a price on a Mopar extended warranty plan. His price was about $100 higher than Zeigler. But what was strange was that he mentioned that he started his own warranty company and gave me a quote for that too.

"I have started my own warranty company with Easy Care, a Motor Trend Best Buy. I have attached brochures and a knowledge letter. I can sell mine for $1416. I guarantee it will be just as good as mopar if not better. The Select 6 package is $499 for 5 years. I think it has value at that price. Look it over and let me know what you think. Thank you!" -Clay

I'd probably never do a plan that wasn't a Mopar plan but I just wanted to advise you guys on here.

:cool:

rick_od

Reaction score
I just received an email this morning from Clay Robbins. He finally got back to me with a price on a Mopar extended warranty plan. His price was about $100 higher than Zeigler. But what was strange was that he mentioned that he started his own warranty company and gave me a quote for that too.

"I have started my own warranty company with Easy Care, a Motor Trend Best Buy. I have attached brochures and a knowledge letter. I can sell mine for $1416. I guarantee it will be just as good as mopar if not better. The Select 6 package is $499 for 5 years. I think it has value at that price. Look it over and let me know what you think. Thank you!" -Clay

I'd probably never do a plan that wasn't a Mopar plan but I just wanted to advise you guys on here.

:cool:

its been a while since I reached out to Clay to get a quote and I'm approaching 30k so thought i would get another quote before I hit 36k. what is Clays contact info please? thanks!

U

User_3336

its been a while since I reached out to Clay to get a quote and I'm approaching 30k so thought i would get another quote before I hit 36k. what is Clays contact info please? thanks!
Zeigler usually has the best price on the OEM Mopar ESP. Have you tried their online configurator?

Use the promo code "payinfull" and take another $365 off the online prices.

[email protected]

www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary

Oilslick

Reaction score
Zeigler bet Clay's price by $100.

For me, my dealership that I got my Ram from matched Zeigler's price so I didn't have to go to them either.
(y)

Users who are viewing this thread