5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

Here is the electrical paragraph from my contract:
ELECTRICAL: Starter Motor and Solenoid; Generator (Alternator); Engine Control Module -(Single Module Engine Controller) (SMEC); Powertrain Control Module; Distributor; Ignition Module; Ignition Coil; Coil Pack Assembly; Voltage Regulator; Horn and Horn Pad; Transmission Control Module; All Wiring Harnesses; Electronic Fuel Injection System (excluding clogged injectors); Windshield Wiper Motor; Rear Window Wiper Motor; Wiper Control Module; Manually Operated Electrical Switches; Neutral Safety Switch; Temperature Sending Unit/Switch; Oil Level and Oil Pressure Sending Unit/Switch; Body Computer; Body Control Module; Factory Installed Radio, Speakers and Rear Entertainment Systems (Includes CD and DVD Player); Factory Installed Navigation Systems (excludes navigation disc); Audio Amplifier; Height Adjustment Compressor; Gateway Module; Ignition Module, Factory Installed U-Connect System. NOTE: HEADPHONES ARENOTCOVEREDATANYTIME.

For those of you that have bought the mopar warranty. Does the extended warranty cover all electrical like the 12" screen?
The MAX CARE does . . .

INCLUDING • Heated Seats and Steering Wheels • Power Liftgate Motors • Power Sliding Door Motors • Navigation Touchscreen Systems • Factory-installed Remote Start Systems • In-Vehicle Wireless Charging Stations • Backup Assist Cameras and much more!

WHAT’S NOT COVERED UNDER OUR MAXIMUM CARESM PLANS The only parts and labor not covered: • Maintenance Services and items used in such services • Catalytic Converter and Particulate Filter • Glass, Plastic Lenses and Light Bulbs • Body and Paint items (including Soft Trim) • Snowplows, Winches and Trailer Hitches • Wear items (such as Tires, Manual Clutch Assembly, Brake Pads, Shoes, Rotors, Drums, Belts and Wipers)

Early 2003 7.3L. One of the the last to roll off the line for North America. It was a great truck (320K miles and running strong) but a money pit.

Dropped w-a-y too much money into it over the years and ended up getting hit by a Jeep on the freeway a couple of years ago, which totaled it. I was thinking about another one but my wife told me if I walked away from my diesel addiction I could have a new truck with a gas engine (I've never had a new vehicle before)...so here I am ;).

I miss driving it but I don't miss the laundry list of nearly 20-year-old parts that I was constantly replacing.
Basically sounds like me, although I’m only at 170,000 miles. I’m told it will fetch 10 to 12 grand, although it is 2wd.

Posting so I can find this thread once I pick up my truck next week. Thank you for sharing your experiences, I'll be going with the Mopar warranty due to your input

Finally purchased mine. 8yr 125,000mile Max Care and used the "PAYINFULL" code for a few hundred dollars saved. I also purchased the road hazard tire & wheel coverage for 7yrs unlimited miles and Auto Appearance Care for 5yrs unlimited miles.

Finally purchased mine. 8yr 125,000mile Max Care and used the "PAYINFULL" code for a few hundred dollars saved. I also purchased the road hazard tire & wheel coverage for 7yrs unlimited miles and Auto Appearance Care for 5yrs

Looks like you got the full package.

Could you have even got it at that price at your dealership?
No. It was more expensive at my own place. AND I am good friends with the finance manager so I wasn't being overcharged either. I don't know how Ziegler does it.

No. It was more expensive at my own place. AND I am good friends with the finance manager so I wasn't being overcharged either. I don't know how Ziegler does it.
Zeigler sells in VOLUME!!!! the margin is thin, but lord, at the number of those things they probably sell!
Thank Bob Cline! :-)

Purchased my plan just now and was pleasantly surprised at the cost compare to what I was offered by the dealership. I kept re-reading to confirm it was the right thing. Thanks to all who made this info so readily available on the forums.

Purchased my plan just now and was pleasantly surprised at the cost compare to what I was offered by the dealership. I kept re-reading to confirm it was the right thing. Thanks to all who made this info so readily available on the forums.
Amazin' how much the dealer wants on the same plan.... Just more $$$$$$ to the stealership.

I just bought a used car from a dealership (not a used car lot). Since I was buying used he told me that the ESP policy prices (3rd party obviously) weren't going to make a lot of sense so he showed me the cost prices. He said that the sales goal was to make $1000 profit per policy (yes, one thousand dollars) and that the minimum profit per policy was $400.

Since the car I was buying was under $10K he would sell me any ESP he showed me for cost + $400. The cheapest one was over $2500 (cost + $400), was for 1 year / 12K miles, and covered less than a Powertrain Plus ESP from FCA. Uh, no thanks.

I just bought a used car from a dealership (not a used car lot). Since I was buying used he told me that the ESP policy prices (3rd party obviously) weren't going to make a lot of sense so he showed me the cost prices. He said that the sales goal was to make $1000 profit per policy (yes, one thousand dollars) and that the minimum profit per policy was $400.

Since the car I was buying was under $10K he would sell me any ESP he showed me for cost + $400. The cheapest one was over $2500 (cost + $400), was for 1 year / 12K miles, and covered less than a Powertrain Plus ESP from FCA. Uh, no thanks.
Profit on an online MOPAR ESP is razor thin. About $200.

Just entered my truck info @ ziegler - $2,490.00 for the 8/125 using PAYINFULL on a Diesel Limited 2021 with 4500 miles. I may call to see if they’ll yank $50 off but that’s already a great price. I really only need to have an issue with air suspension twice to get all of my money back and I live in the tundra.

Just entered my truck info @ ziegler - $2,490.00 for the 8/125 using PAYINFULL on a Diesel Limited 2021 with 4500 miles. I may call to see if they’ll yank $50 off but that’s already a great price. I really only need to have an issue with air suspension twice to get all of my money back and I live in the tundra.
Never hurts to call and ask! :)
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back