5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

rick_od

Reaction score
Zeigler usually has the best price on the OEM Mopar ESP. Have you tried their online configurator?

Use the promo code "payinfull" and take another $365 off the online prices.

[email protected]

www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/process/quickquote.aspx?type=primary

i did use their online ESP price quote. i was wondering what Clay has to offer as according to a post above, he started his own company. yes, it would be a 3rd party ESP but i would need to see what it covers before i would ever go 3rd party. just doing some homework.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
What does everyone think of this.? Showed up in my inbox.

Attachments

• 86C1B3A2-0B2D-47F4-9219-6F4CB7C02670.jpeg
    86C1B3A2-0B2D-47F4-9219-6F4CB7C02670.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 99

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no idea what MSRP is for any of the Mopar ESPs.

You can call and see what the cost is (not just what the discount is) and compare it to Zeigler.

My gut tells me that Zeigler will still be lower as they sell just above cost for the most part. Pretty hard to beat that no matter what the discount from MSRP is.

Appyfan

Reaction score
Zeigler lists the full price on their site. Looks like their standard discount from MSRP is $935, then you could get the $365 payinfull discount on top of that.

Attachments

• 644A8601-BA48-400B-875E-8FEDFA808292.png
    644A8601-BA48-400B-875E-8FEDFA808292.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 57

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know who Clay is but I do know Zeigler. One thing to compare with anyone you purchase a Mopar extended warranty from is how you cance it in the event you sell, trade, it’s totaled or you change your mind.

ONLY Ziegler give you the ability to cancel online on their website with no questions asked and an email response within one business day telling you it’s been cancelled.

Check it out in the lower right side of their website. Canceling is easy - no need to call, beg, plead or put up with BS from someone trying to convince you to keep it. They also notify you of the amount of the refund and approximately when you will receive it.

I’ll bet Clay, your local dealer and even FCA direct doesn’t give you the ability to cancel online with zero hassles.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While Zeigler makes it convenient by doing things through their website, there is a complete section of the ESP that discusses cancellation and transfer policies. It also lists the fees and contact information in case you don't want to go to a dealership.

I don't know if all the ESPs are the same or if you can pay additional cost up front for extra "perks" for cancellation and transfer policy items but my Max Care ESP is non-transferrable.

U

User_3336

I don’t know who Clay is but I do know Zeigler. One thing to compare with anyone you purchase a Mopar extended warranty from is how you cance it in the event you sell, trade, it’s totaled or you change your mind.

ONLY Ziegler give you the ability to cancel online on their website with no questions asked and an email response within one business day telling you it’s been cancelled.

Check it out in the lower right side of their website. Canceling is easy - no need to call, beg, plead or put up with BS from someone trying to convince you to keep it. They also notify you of the amount of the refund and approximately when you will receive it.

I’ll bet Clay, your local dealer and even FCA direct doesn’t give you the ability to cancel online with zero hassles.
If Zeigler was the selling dealer, Zeigler has to be the one to initiate the cancellation. the cancellation on the website is to capture the information needed to process it. Its based off how long you've had it, the miles driven, and a $75 cancellation fee. Zeigler calls to get this from Mopar, and processes the cancellation. the refund check comes from MOPAR/FCA. I've never been hassled cancelling an ESP.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If Zeigler was the selling dealer, Zeigler has to be the one to initiate the cancellation. the cancellation on the website is to capture the information needed to process it. Its based off how long you've had it, the miles driven, and a $75 cancellation fee. Zeigler calls to get this from Mopar, and processes the cancellation. the refund check comes from MOPAR/FCA. I've never been hassled cancelling an ESP.
Never been hassled? By Ziegler or a dealer? Purchase one from a dealer and try returning to cancel it a couple months later…I know plenty of guys who have gotten the strong arm treatment from the dealer attempting to convince them not to cancel. You’ll never be treated that way by Ziegler.

U

User_3336

Never been hassled? By Ziegler or a dealer? Purchase one from a dealer and try returning to cancel it a couple months later…I know plenty of guys who have gotten the strong arm treatment from the dealer attempting to convince them not to cancel. You’ll never be treated that way by Ziegler.
Never had a hassle cancelling an ESP from ZEIGLER. I usually repurchased from them on another FCA vehicle.

jish1980

Reaction score
Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

Who better to protect your vehicle than the company who built your vehicle? Mopar Vehicle Protection is the only service contract provider backed by FCA and honored at all Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and FIAT dealerships across North America. Have peace of mind knowing your vehicle is being serviced by factory-trained technicians using certified Mopar parts.

I contacted all the people known for selling discounted genuine Mopar warranties. The results are below. If you know of any others sources please share.

For those uninterested in the process please skip to conclusion, contacts, and codes below. The first round was web only. The second was emails asking for their lowest price. The third was emails asking to beat the specific lowest offer.

The pricing is for the following truck and plan with "paid in full" pricing.
2021 Ram 1500 4x4
8 Years 125,000 Mile Mopar Maximum Care Vehicle Protection Plan
Deductible $200
Diesel: NO
Current Mileage: Under 12,000
Commercial / Business Use: NO

NC = No Change

Web Only
Zeigler PAYINFULL $2,350
Riedman Motors $2,550
Jeep Factory Warranty $2,650
Chrysler Warranty Direc $2,700
Chrysler Factory Warranty $2750
Chrysler Warrantys $2,756
Mopar Service Contracts moparservicecontract.com $3,475
Clay Robbins and Tom Winkels have no web only option.

1st Email
Clay Robbins $2,300
Riedman Motors $2,300
Zeigler $2,350 NC
Tom Winkels $2,350
Jeep Factory Warranty $2,550
Chrysler Warrantys $2,571
Chrysler Warranty Direct $2,700 NC
Mopar Service Contracts $2,700.00
Chrysler Factory Warranty $2,750 NC

2nd Email
Zeigler $2,250
Riedman Motors $2,300 NC
Clay Robbins $2,300 NC
Tom Winkels $2,350 NC
Jeep Factory Warranty $2,500.00
Chrysler Warrantys $2,571 NC
Mopar Service Contracts $2,700 NC
Chrysler Warranty Direct $2,700 NC
Chrysler Factory Warranty $2,750 NC

Conclusion

1. The simplest thing to do is go to Zeigler and use a code.
2. If you want to put in some effort to save a few bucks ask one of the other guys to beat Zeigler's price.
3. Want more? Go to Zeigler and ask if they can beat your lowest price by $50

Keep in mind that getting a lower price by email often depends on the recipients mood. Always be polite with no negativity.

Zeigler Codes
PAYINFULL gives you $365 off if you pay the full balance today.
These two codes are used with the financing option.
HAPPY gives you $250 off.
DAMON2 gives you $200 off

Dealer Contacts

Zeigler - Bob Cline
Website www.chryslerfactoryplans.com
Contact [email protected]

Riedman Motors
Website www.riedmanmotors.net/extended-car-warranty
Contact https://www.riedmanmotors.net/contact-us

Clay Robbins

Tom Winkels
269-385-1116

Jeep Factory Warranty
Website jeepfactorywarranty.com
Contact jeepfactorywarranty.com/contact

Chrysler Warrantys
Website https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com
Contact https://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/contact_us.cfm

Mopar Service Contracts
Website moparservicecontract.com

Chrysler Warranty Direct
Website https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com
Contact
chryslerwarrantydirect.com/contact-us

Chrysler Factory Warranty
Website https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Contact https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/contact-us

Jason Edmonson seems to be both Mopar Service Contracts & Chrysler Warranty Direct
Try this one out: https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com/...maximum-care&_term_years=8&_term_miles=125000

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I called them the other day because I was trying to decide which term I wanted. I think I will know more about my driving habits due to work in a couple of months. They told me to remember that they have biannual price increases, does anyone know when they typically hit? I know that they just had one.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They told me to remember that they have biannual price increases, does anyone know when they typically hit? I know that they just had one.
I know that there's usually a price bump just before summer. I wasn't aware of a second one during the year.

FormerTitanFan

Reaction score
I know that there's usually a price bump just before summer. I wasn't aware of a second one during the year.
I don’t understand why the pricing is the same between gas & diesel since the ecodiesel already comes with 100k driveline warranty vs 36k on gas

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only difference is that the gas engine has an unlimited miles option whereas the diesel doesn't.

I'm sure the price is the average anticipated repairs for all powerplants (V-6/V-8 gas and EcoD) wrapped into one to "make it easy" and allow Stellantis to maximize their profits. While the diesel has twice the powertrain warranty I'm sure the average price per repair is more than its gas counterparts.

My last truck was a F-250 diesel (pre-common rail) and was not cheap to maintain and repair. I can only imagine repairs with newer diesels (common rail, DEF, emissions stuff, etc.) have escalated in price compared to what I had.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
The only difference is that the gas engine has an unlimited miles option whereas the diesel doesn't.

I'm sure the price is the average anticipated repairs for all powerplants (V-6/V-8 gas and EcoD) wrapped into one to "make it easy" and allow Stellantis to maximize their profits. While the diesel has twice the powertrain warranty I'm sure the average price per repair is more than its gas counterparts.

My last truck was a F-250 diesel (pre-common rail) and was not cheap to maintain and repair. I can only imagine repairs with newer diesels (common rail, DEF, emissions stuff, etc.) have escalated in price compared to what I had.
What year was your Ford? I’m about to retire my 01. 7.3

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Early 2003 7.3L. One of the the last to roll off the line for North America. It was a great truck (320K miles and running strong) but a money pit.

Dropped w-a-y too much money into it over the years and ended up getting hit by a Jeep on the freeway a couple of years ago, which totaled it. I was thinking about another one but my wife told me if I walked away from my diesel addiction I could have a new truck with a gas engine (I've never had a new vehicle before)...so here I am ;).

I miss driving it but I don't miss the laundry list of nearly 20-year-old parts that I was constantly replacing.

Twil6

Reaction score
For those of you that have bought the mopar warranty. Does the extended warranty cover all electrical like the 12" screen?

Users who are viewing this thread