5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freedom Convoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL that's our new logo for the Guardians. Strange yes, I know. Chief Wahoo may have been offensive but at least we knew what it was. I have no idea what the symbolism is on the new one.
Who are the Guardians?
Cleveland Indians?

Yup. As of 2020, they stopped using Chief Wahoo and were only using the name or the C logo. They said they were going to change the name but needed a little more time to make it happen. Last year they announced the new name, and it is effective this season.

1647271667212.png

Any sports team who wants to change their name after 100 or so years should automatically have to default to the “Wokes” as their name.
Ha! That was my suggested name for the Washington Football Team. They rejected my idea, for some reason.

That is the most frustrating thing for me and a lot of people. It’s very hard if not impossible to find the truth. I believe both sides are insanely corrupt and don’t care at all about us. You have your extreme left and extreme right but most of us fall in the middle of all that nonsense. What we really need is a complete purging of the political landscape in this country.
That’s why I’m not a democrat nor republican. How can you trust people who went to DC to get rich using the people as pawns? We need term limits….

LOL that's our new logo for the Guardians. Strange yes, I know. Chief Wahoo may have been offensive but at least we knew what it was. I have no idea what the symbolism is on the new one.
He was only offensive because no native American tribe was getting any profits from the use of the name or logo. If the tribes would have been the ones making money from the symbology it would have been just fine

Ooo, I'm not touching that one. Although I will go here ↓
So on the topic of baseball team names, is anyone offended by the "Yankees"? I mean, that's a reference to generalized group of people too. Maybe all you New Englanders should start a cancel campaign. Never mind that they're a Cleveland rival, and the distraction could potentially affect their game play. I'm not trying to help my Guardians out, I'm just looking out for the misrepresented people of the northeast. ;) You're heritage is not their mascot. ← Kidding. I'm making fun of cancel culture because this is the argument we regularly heard with the Indians.

Oh with all the covid arguing and PC name arguments it has become just too political to watch. I don't get involved in political debate. I am one of the sheeple. I bury my head in the sand and pretend it does not exist. Therefore, I don't watch because it does not exist. 🙂

Lalalalalalala.... 😁

It's important that you think your opinion matters......🥱

I love my Indians jacket with Chief Wahoo......had it for years.

It's important that you think your opinion matters......🥱
See, that is the difference. Some prefer to censor those of differing opinions or shout them down. Not allowing them to express themselves. America First Conservatives typically believe everyone's opinions matter. It is that freedom that makes a great country. Even liberals who are wrong. It's OK that you are wrong. You can take your first steps to accepting that you are wrong too. It's what makes our country great.

See, that is the difference. Some prefer to censor those of differing opinions or shout them down. Not allowing them to express themselves. America First Conservatives typically believe everyone's opinions matter. It is that freedom that makes a great country. Even liberals who are wrong. It's OK that you are wrong. You can take your first steps to accepting that you are wrong too. It's what makes our country great.
yup. My coworkers and I disagree about many things, but we are still friends at the end of the day. I won’t fire someone just because they have a different opinion. It’s a free country. We’ll, it used to be………..

Your conclusions are interesting and.....as ususal.....incorrect. It is cool that you believe your crap......it's what makes our country great.

It’s like USA Today naming a man, Richard Levine, as woman of the year. He’s dresses up and acts like a woman. I believe it’s a slap in the face to all women, and womens rights. I don’t think it’s right and that he has a mental illness, but he should be able to Be his own person and express this freely, even though I don’t agree with it. It’s freedom. Freedom is for everyone, not just for who the establishment dictates.

It’s like USA Today naming a man, Richard Levine, as woman of the year. He’s dresses up and acts like a woman. I believe it’s a slap in the face to all women, and womens rights. I don’t think it’s right and that he has a mental illness, but he should be able to Be his own person and express this freely, even though I don’t agree with it. It’s freedom. Freedom is for everyone, not just for who the establishment dictates.
I agree. It seems that the premise of democracy does not exist. The majority does not rule.

If one snowflake is offended, the rest of the world has to change to accommodate that snowflake. When you carve out special privileges for one you diminish the privileges of all.

"Hate Crime" is a prime example. If five guys at a bar kick my *** in the parking lot and a cop comes along, some might get some misdemeanor assault charge or disturbing the peace or something. If those same five were beating up some ***** snowflake it would be a more severe crime when "hate crime" is added.

Why? Are we not equal? Kind of disturbing overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back