5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freaking Leather Dash Problems

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Same way, but then I'm in AZ. If I believed the news, we're all melting here.
Saw a Youtube video the other day. A guy was interviewing students at UCLA, about global warming. The students said we have 6 to 8 years before the earth is destroyed, from climate change. This is the crap they are teaching at liberal schools. A good question came up. If the world was going to end in 6 to 8 years, why spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a 4 year degree, when they only have 2 to 4 years to use the degree.

irishwake63

Reaction score
Ram Cares is useless in my opinion, I contacted them and gave them info on the uconnect issue I am having and the runaround I am getting from dealers and they just left me high and dry and never heard from them again

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saw a Youtube video the other day. A guy was interviewing students at UCLA, about global warming. The students said we have 6 to 8 years before the earth is destroyed, from climate change. This is the crap they are teaching at liberal schools. A good question came up. If the world was going to end in 6 to 8 years, why spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a 4 year degree, when they only have 2 to 4 years to use the degree.
On the flip side, they can take out a loan for the free 4-5 year party and never have to pay it back since the world is ending.

They're not only teaching it at liberal schools, but is being beamed at them by every single media outlet in the country. It's non-stop and they're relentless

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
My dash finally did this while it sat at the dealer for a month sitting in the sun with no sunshade put up on the windshield. Ram cares said they will offer some cost assistance but we will see what that consists of

lytleprichard

Reaction score
I'm not an uhpolstery guy, and this is 100% NOT professional advice, but ive restored a few boats with uhpolstery issues, and given what i can see, I think I'd find whatever type of adhesive would work best for that leather, and a couple of soft applicators used in applying vinyl wraps. I would fill a syringe with said adhesive and inject adhesive (not very much) at regular intervals into the cavity created by the separated material. And use the applicator and most likely some wax paper in between to slowly press the material back onto the dash panel.
Did you or anyone else on this forum try this? If so what glue did you end up using. Before and After pics would be great to .Thanks in advance!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you or anyone else on this forum try this? If so what glue did you end up using. Before and After pics would be great to .Thanks in advance!
@BowDown did a write-up here:

speedracernc

Reaction score
I did try this and it didn't work. I had the dash recovered in a vinyl that matched the leather. It did make it more difficult to remove the leather when it was recovered.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did try this and it didn't work. I had the dash recovered in a vinyl that matched the leather. It did make it more difficult to remove the leather when it was recovered.
Did they have to remove the dash to recover it? What was the cost to have this done?

BowDown

Reaction score
I placed a ziplocked bag of sand on the area after I injected the glue and let it setup for the rest of that day and overnight. Its been in the 80°'s the last few days with the interior (dash) getting hot and its still holding good.

speedracernc

Reaction score
I placed a ziplocked bag of sand on the area after I injected the glue and let it setup for the rest of that day and overnight. Its been in the 80°'s the last few days with the interior (dash) getting hot and its still holding good.
I had tried the same but the bubbles just kept spreading to different areas. I finally gave up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online