5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found this while hardwiring a radar detector

sicpuppy

Reaction score
Dealers use them in my area to disable vehicles when payments are not made. You can start you vehicle and it will not turn off while you are driving it. When it is activated you will not be able to start you vehicle again until you bring your payments up to date. If you abandon your vehicle the seller know where to find it to be picked up.

Jofu

Reaction score
I was going to ask, why would a dealer care if someone makes a payment or not, isn’t that between the purchaser and the bank, beyond the purchase date?

But then I’m now thinking these might just be used for leases?

Geoff

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to ask, why would a dealer care if someone makes a payment or not, isn’t that between the purchaser and the bank, beyond the purchase date?

But then I’m now thinking these might just be used for leases?

Geoff
Also, Sometimes it's used for inventory tracking.
We have a big dealership in Phoenix, Called Bill Luke, They install these in all of their trucks, they use it to track cars on the lot and they will sell it to you when you but the truck...

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have heard of Used car dealers putting them on with a Disable Feature
that gets turned on every month. Once payment is received they give the
Buyer a code that lets it run for another month.

Malodave

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have heard of Used car dealers putting them on with a Disable Feature
that gets turned on every month. Once payment is received they give the
Buyer a code that lets it run for another month.

Malodave
That's BS and should not be allowed. The payment is with the BANK...NOT the dealership, so I think your statement is more opinion than fact.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's BS and should not be allowed. The payment is with the BANK...NOT the dealership, so I think your statement is more opinion than fact.
They sometimes are the Finance Company. Heard of Buy Here, Pay Here?

malodave

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wonder if we sold the dealership owners a house complete with a hidden cams in the bedrooms and showers if they would get upset a year later when they found out them day or the a contractor did to learn the sales person of the home had the cams built in the price of the home for an extra 5 grand with monitoring of the family for the insurance company to make sure they had good safe family practices and for the mortgage company to know they never subleased the property? Our Privacy being breeched at our expense secretly is totally not legal and bs!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread