5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found this while hardwiring a radar detector

liftomania

Reaction score
IMG_20200524_110948.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what this is? It definitely doesn't look factory. Bought the truck new last week.

Zogg44

Reaction score
Looks like a GPS tracker. Might have been installed by your dealer, and your sales contract may include language allowing it, so I would read your sales contract and ask the dealer.

I bought my truck used and a locksmith found a tracker. There was some burbage in the contract about using a GPS, but I asked the dealer and they said they didn't install it and believed it to be disabled, so I removed mine.

liftomania

Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I thought it was but I didn't want to jump to any conclusions haha

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Yup... Dealer installed GPS, in case you don't pay or something..

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Mine has one because I had them instal it... it comes with an app so I can track the truck and even put a geofence that’s it won’t allow the truck to pass. In my case it’s an insurance discount for having it

liftomania

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. I am visiting the dealership on Tuesday, so I will ask them about it then. A GPS tracker is not listed in my sales contract whatsoever.

liftomania

Reaction score
Right under the driver steering wheel. I was opening up that panel to tap into the fuse box there and I saw a wire and a box that did not look like it came from the factory

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes banks request dealer to install depending on risk.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of the dealerships I went to while shopping for my truck had S.W.A.T. installed in all the trucks. Could be a discount for the dealership's insurance premiums but it was a non-negotiable $1500 added to the price of the vehicle whether you wanted it or not. Needless to say I didn't buy a truck from them.

Users who are viewing this thread