5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

found a way to try and prevent catalytic converter theft

LouNY

Reaction score
Not a single soul has mentioned the best way, well I guess one mentioned a good way.
Remove all these catalytic converters.
I'd prefer a different method myself. Change the laws to stop protecting the damned thief's,
then add a motion sensor and a handy 12 gauge eradicate a few scumbags and watch the problem fade away.

Mystic Rhythms

Reaction score
Not a single soul has mentioned the best way, well I guess one mentioned a good way.
Remove all these catalytic converters.
I'd prefer a different method myself. Change the laws to stop protecting the damned thief's,
then add a motion sensor and a handy 12 gauge eradicate a few scumbags and watch the problem fade away.
Can't change the laws to punish the thieves, then the libs wouldn't have any voters left.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
The catalytic converter may be repositioned in proximity to the engine, even within the engine compartment itself. We recommend the acquisition of a catalytic converter lock or shield. These devices significantly augment security by impeding swift removal, as the lock securely fastens the converter to the vehicle's frame
What kind of lock? Can it be cut?

Users who are viewing this thread