5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

found a way to try and prevent catalytic converter theft

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
don't recall seeing anything like this posted

person put it on a motorhome

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Commenting to get others to notice. Anyone install this yet on their catalytic converters?

MishMashRAM1500

Reaction score
I mean its better than nothing. I wish it was wide enough to wrap more around the pipes. I feel like a thief could figure this out. You'd have to go with motion alarm under the truck as well for it to really be effective.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't feel this would be terribly hard to defeat. Nuisance for thief yes.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Combine this with a bare 110v line running out of the breaker panel from the house and there ya go..... one extremely startled thievin, meth head who has pissed himself when he bounced his head off the frame of your truck! Plus you won't kill them with a 110 so you don't go to prison! WIN-WIN! 🤣

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like you can defeat this just by cutting more into the exhaust pipe itself. Maybe a skid plate or something that’s notched enough for the exhaust pipe to go through but not wide enough for the cat to be slipped through but then your having to figure out how to mount it where it’s removable for any repair work but also more of a hassle to remove for potential thiefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Combine this with a bare 110v line running out of the breaker panel from the house and there ya go..... one extremely startled thievin, meth head who has pissed himself when he bounced his head off the frame of your truck! Plus you won't kill them with a 110 so you don't go to prison! WIN-WIN! 🤣
jokes on you thst shock jumps his weak heart and he dies lmao you goong to jail now

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
Anyone try painting it orange and engraving the VIN? Seems like a thief would just move on to a different truck.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone try painting it orange and engraving the VIN? Seems like a thief would just move on to a different truck.
Depends on the state, and how shady the recycling places are. Some don't care.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
what about while traveling?

which i do a lot.

and so do a lot of others
Choose areas to stay that have lower crime rates or well lit parking lots that have decent amount of traffic

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Choose areas to stay that have lower crime rates or well lit parking lots that have decent amount of traffic
you are dreaming that these areas exist.

guess I could try this

hahahahahahahahahaha

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
you are dreaming that these areas exist.

guess I could try this

hahahahahahahahahaha
No dreaming.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can’t you just cut the zip ties and take the cat strap down?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL, 48VAC and above can be deadly. It's not the voltage, it's the current running thru your body.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Toyota guys are running full skid plates to prevent theirs from being stolen. Heavy gauge material with security bolts. Theives don't like to be slowed down. If it's going to be a challenge they usually move on to the next truck.

Users who are viewing this thread