5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Ads annoying

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t talk crazy crap man. Why do you think all the ad,s are here ? It’s called they get money and if you think your site support money adds up to a hill of beans in comparison you don’t have a chance at being a YouTube blogger making ALOT of money. I’m ok with ads just have them not be a pia.
Was not too bad at all when I joined, must have changed after I became a supporter.
25 bucks a year (app. 1/3 of a tank of gas) is a no-brainer for no adds access to the wealth of knowledge here.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Yeah, mobile version is so bad now. Every time I check my notifications I'll have one thread that will error out and send me to the home page. From there it won't let me back to the forum unless I close out and google it directly. Bull**** if you ask me. Fix this garbage!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I couldn’t navigate the site at all after this recent ad update. I ended up downloading Tapatalk to browse the forum. This forum will lose a lot of people if those ads continue like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm ready to bail there are other forums out there

Guys. It's called "adblock" or "ublock" (like others posted several times above). Google it, takes 10 seconds to install on firefox and you never see an ad again on this forum, or many other websites (no ads popup while watching youtube etc). I honestly can't believe there are still people using the web without this installed and then still complaining. If you can wrench on your own truck you can definitely take 10 seconds to install an ad blocker.

Here is the page (for firefox users):
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Gotta chime in...it makes the "What's new" page for me almost unreadable. The ads are all out of sorts and it has goofed the format of the page up a ton. I get the ads and why they are necessary, but how about getting the pages formatted correctly again please?

1585660692742.png

If you go, "view more" it starts to flatten out after the first two posts are out of whack:

1585660797739.png 1585660692742.png 1585660797739.png

KcRay

Reaction score
Guys. It's called "adblock" or "ublock" (like others posted several times above). Google it, takes 10 seconds to install on firefox and you never see an ad again on this forum, or many other websites (no ads popup while watching youtube etc). I honestly can't believe there are still people using the web without this installed and then still complaining. If you can wrench on your own truck you can definitely take 10 seconds to install an ad blocker.

Here is the page (for firefox users):
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
I really don't want to block all the ads, I am a good consumer. I like seeing ads for similar products I have looked up, and have gotten some deals that way. I hesitate becoming a paid member because I don't want to lose all the ads. This new thing going on with the ads on Android is overkill.Just tame it down a bit!

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have that on my laptop but can't install it on my tablet
Use Firefox with strict ad blocking. I honestly don't mind some reasonable sized relevant ads, but what's going on now is effing absurd. Jared must have sold the site as he used to post and be involved.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thoughts:
1. The new ad setup is seriously annoying. I understand the need for ads but this is kind of ridiculous.
2. I don't mind being a site supporter but I realize most people won't, and I don't want to be a paying site member in a ghost town. These ads are going to run the regular members off, and then it will be worthless being here.
3. This site is already at a disadvantage compared to Ramforum.com, which gives you a photo garage and a nicer format in my opinion. I like this place because there's better posters, but the format is pedestrian.

KcRay

Reaction score
Where did all the ads go? Using android here. Anyone else have zero ads today?

KcRay

Reaction score
Thanks, it's great on my phone! This forum has so much more active content compared to others, thank you for straightening things up. (y)
Agreed, thank you administers. You just made this forum great again!

Users who are viewing this thread