5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Ads annoying

Lonestar21

Reaction score
I agree. I’ll slowly stop visiting this site because of it.

KcRay

Reaction score
I thought it was just me, or something I have done to my phone. I see by this thread, that it is forum wide.
Kind of excessive in my opinion as well.

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it me or all of a sudden are there Ads all over the place? I am getting giant ads at the top, occasional pop ups that have to be dismissed, and a google ad header at the top that blocks out access to the menu (using safari on my iPhone) REALLY annoying and makes the forum unusable to me. I get using ads for generating revenue but the way it used to be was fine. They were integrated into the threads. Whatever changes were just made I think are horrible. My opinion.
Agreed. My solution (30 minutes ago) was simply to become a site supporter for 25$. I’m on here a lot with my iphone and even more now that we have to social distance. I have learned so much about Rams and trucks in general thanks to all of you writing and sharing pics. I love seeing everyone’s truck. The ads disappeared immediately, worth the investment for the wealth of knowledge being shared.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The latest ads are way over board. I'll be in a thread and every 6-7 posts I'm hitting an ad, lately it's for Sirius XM probably because I was at site changing my account. The worst ads are the ones that pop up and you need to close out. I have been on other sites that went overboard and usually they correct in short order either when people start complaining or they see site traffic slow.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the ad format is now so intrusive that I installed an ad blocker. Was fine supporting via ads before but this was a huge oversight by the admins.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I get the ads on the side and in the threads but have never had any pop up and have to close them.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Wow, hey admins, do something about these new ads. It's too much. It's very annoying on a mobile phone. I was fine with the ads until the change happened in the last couple of days. Take action!

Lonestar21

Reaction score
They have to pay for their “long term test” trucks. Not going to pay to become a supporter.
Time to stick to Facebook Ram forums

Reighnman

Reaction score
There are very few forums these days that arent started by people or corps looking to flip a profit. Several forums start up everytime anything comes out be it a next gen vehicle or a new game.

Even some of the well intentioned site owners end up selling out once the user base is big enough and a large offer comes by.

thetalonguy

Reaction score
I’m getting ads for ad blockers now since I viewed this thread.
Definitely agree the pop up ad that makes you X out before going to thread is extremely annoying.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey Jared, you still around or give a ****? The full page ads are obnoxious AF.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
Maybe @admin will see all your posts and help out.. I hate coming here now, that is why I don't come here as often. now

KcRay

Reaction score
For real, we know there has to be some ads, but taking over the entire screen is going too far!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to admit it has become ridiculous.

It used to be tolerable but clearly something has changed recently.

I refuse to pay to be part of an internet forum. No thanks!! I am visiting less and less often. I can't be bothered.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You all pissed off because of this! Could always become a site supporter if you find info here useful.
Zero adds here BTW.
Don’t talk crazy crap man. Why do you think all the ad,s are here ? It’s called they get money and if you think your site support money adds up to a hill of beans in comparison you don’t have a chance at being a YouTube blogger making ALOT of money. I’m ok with ads just have them not be a pia.

Users who are viewing this thread