5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Ads annoying

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is it me or all of a sudden are there Ads all over the place? I am getting giant ads at the top, occasional pop ups that have to be dismissed, and a google ad header at the top that blocks out access to the menu (using safari on my iPhone) REALLY annoying and makes the forum unusable to me. I get using ads for generating revenue but the way it used to be was fine. They were integrated into the threads. Whatever changes were just made I think are horrible. My opinion.

Last edited:

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Patsy do you only access via phone? i use an older Ipad and haven’t noticed anything, though I have basic ad blocker software enabled... nothing fancy.
could be my eyes, and the fact that I wrote something positive about ET, ha ha.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Patsy do you only access via phone? i use an older Ipad and haven’t noticed anything, though I have basic ad blocker software enabled... nothing fancy.
could be my eyes, and the fact that I wrote something positive about ET, ha ha.

I cannot use my laptop for forum stuff. It’s secured and for work only. I only use my iPhone. It looks like one of the members above uses a desktop and has the same issues though.

Sure we can use as blocker software, pop up blockers, etc, but it’s a shame if we have to get to that point with this forum. I’ve always viewed this as a community driven by its members, without which the community doesn’t exist. If we turn members off by inundating them with this stuff, they won’t come back and contribute. It’s a balance though, it costs money and take time to run a site like this. I get that. I’m not sure what the solution is but I guess a combo of: member contributions, swag, vendor sponsorship, some less intrusive ads (like they used to be), maybe we really push Amazon links where the forum can get a piece (collectively we all must buy a ton from amazon, I know I do). Again, I’m open to helping to support the forum but I just think this new ad/pop up rollout is overly aggressive.

Patsy1099

Reaction score
For everyone reading this thread, please post your thoughts so the admins can hear them but then let’s also give the admins the benefit of weighing in and reviewing things. Hopefully they will figure it out. I’d like to keep this site financially sound but at the same time address these issues. Let’s hang in there!

That said, rollback the forum version:D

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh trust me the admins have seen this thread. So let’s see what they do with it I can tell you this if we all unsubscribe quickly they will fix it just sayin.

MFALRAM

Reaction score
Very annoying to say the least. Hopefully they will get moving and fix this.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You all pissed off because of this! Could always become a site supporter if you find info here useful.
Zero adds here BTW.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread