5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog and cargo buttons not working (or illuminating on dash when pressed)

Zac11485

Reaction score
Hi all -

first time posting here...The buttons on my 2019 Bighorn that trigger my fog and cargo lights are not working.

The indicator light on either button doesn’t illuminate when pressed and the corresponding icon on the dash doesn’t light up, and either do the actual lights themselves. Is it a fuse? Faulty button? will the warranty cover me bringing it in for the dealership to figure it out?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi all -

first time posting here...The buttons on my 2019 Bighorn that trigger my fog and cargo lights are not working.

The indicator light on either button doesn’t illuminate when pressed and the corresponding icon on the dash doesn’t light up, and either do the actual lights themselves. Is it a fuse? Faulty button? will the warranty cover me bringing it in for the dealership to figure it out?

Hi Zac11485,

I regret to hear of the trouble you are experiencing with your truck! If you are not able to determine a solution based on suggestions provided here and you decide to work with your dealer, please know that our team is just a private message away and we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support while in service.

Mark
RamCares

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
Hi all -

What ended up happening, Zac? I noticed the same thing today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts here?

AALiVEE

Reaction score
The fog lights only come on when the low-beam is activated, or something like that.
Play around with different switch positions for the headlights and i think you will get a hang of it.

Dumpster_on_Wheels

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen the day I got my truck and haven’t been able to replicate since. I don’t think it was any ‘problem’, more me just not getting the understanding of any dependencies.

-Nightwind-

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen the day I got my truck and haven’t been able to replicate since. I don’t think it was any ‘problem’, more me just not getting the understanding of any dependencies.

I feel the same way. There has to be something that I’m just not getting. Early this morning, I had it set on auto lights and could not turn in the fogs. I switched to “on” and the fogs would still not turn on. This evening, I was able to turn them on while the switch was back on auto. Idk. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread