5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster...Borla...Magnaflow???

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just use the manual gear selector limit switch on your steering wheel and it will never kick into MCDS. I just set mine for +8 and call it a day. You're not saving enough fuel for it to make a difference.
Did not know that - thank you - will give it a shot for a full tank of gas. Thank you.

delsonrun

Reaction score
For anyone who is interested in getting Magnaflow cat-back exhaust I made a short video of the cold start. I know it's not that loud, it's not ATAK, but I was looking for something slightly louder that stock since I have a 1 year old. I think Magnaflow was the right choice even though it's a little louder than I expected.

Reactions: Vic

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
For anyone who is interested in getting Magnaflow cat-back exhaust I made a short video of the cold start. I know it's not that loud, it's not ATAK, but I was looking for something slightly louder that stock since I have a 1 year old. I think Magnaflow was the right choice even though it's a little louder than I expected.

These videos can be very deceiving as that sounds like STOCK to me. My B2 Magnaflow sounds louder and more throaty then your video.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
To me, and several others that have the B2 solution, I think it sounds great and not sure what this "leaking" thing is but I don't have any issues. If you want, you can always have a shop weld the two pipes together for less than $40.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just use the manual gear selector limit switch on your steering wheel and it will never kick into MCDS. I just set mine for +8 and call it a day. You're not saving enough fuel for it to make a difference.
Hey, I did this on my break today and if I go past 8 it goes into D. Do I want to keep it on the 8 or the D?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I say Borla S-Type for the win. I like the Atak but for a challenger or charger. For a truck, you need a deep growl. The S-type sounds deeper than the Atak but the Atak is way more louder. S-type for the win!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These videos can be very deceiving as that sounds like STOCK to me. My B2 Magnaflow sounds louder and more throaty then your video.
That doesn’t sound anything like my stock sounded. My stock was super quiet with absolutely no idle growl.

kmck94

Reaction score

I went and had this done at the local muffler shop for $180 yesterday with the same muffler. I love the way it sounds other than idling. It does not have a deep tone, it just sounds super baffled and it comes through the cab. Not sure if I should go put the stock one back on or if I am over thinking it.

delsonrun

Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing Magnaflow 22” muffler (#12589)? Just curious how loud it would be in 2019 Ram.

RAMayor

Reaction score
Installed the B2 MF a few weeks ago, sounds amazing, but recently I have been noticing a pretty big rattle that last a few seconds on random starts. I checked the nuts and bolts on everything I installed. All are tight and in place.
Any ideas?
It’s typically on a Luke warm start. Like I will go to work come home, go to the gym an hour or 2 later and it will rattle. Cold start in the morning, no rattle.
No idea what it could be but it is super annoying.
Any and all help greatly appreciated!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Installed the B2 MF a few weeks ago, sounds amazing, but recently I have been noticing a pretty big rattle that last a few seconds on random starts. I checked the nuts and bolts on everything I installed. All are tight and in place.
Any ideas?
It’s typically on a Luke warm start. Like I will go to work come home, go to the gym an hour or 2 later and it will rattle. Cold start in the morning, no rattle.
No idea what it could be but it is super annoying.
Any and all help greatly appreciated!
Could it be the ground strap? It connects loosely to the hanger rod and I had to squeeze mine to get it to fit tight. I never had any rattles but maybe check that out.

Rambro23

Reaction score
I live down in Lodi and havent seen any new rams with exhaust yet. I had a flowmaster super 40 on my 15 and it sounded great. Always got complimented by other truck guys. If I end up getting a catback I'll drive up to Sac to the same place you had yours done.
worth the drive!

pitboss000

Reaction score
Has anyone tried installing Magnaflow 22” muffler (#12589)? Just curious how loud it would be in 2019 Ram.
Not loud at all being that it is 22"

Installed this yesterday. I didn't want anything loud enough to disturb the neighbors, but also wanted better sound than stock. So far I think it's exactly what I was looking for. Not crazy loud at start up, nice low rumble at idle. No drone at all. Same low rumble at cruising speeds, but it really wakes up when you get on it.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed this yesterday. I didn't want anything loud enough to disturb the neighbors, but also wanted better sound than stock. So far I think it's exactly what I was looking for. Not crazy loud at start up, nice low rumble at idle. No drone at all. Same low rumble at cruising speeds, but it really wakes up when you get on it.

Video when possible please....

delsonrun

Reaction score
Congrats! Please share a video.
Also I just figured that Magnaflow cat-back exhaust which I currently have on my ram has 22" muffler which is probably the same or similar to #12589. So the only real difference between your setup and mine is that I don't have resonators.

Users who are viewing this thread