5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster...Borla...Magnaflow???

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Congrats! Please share a video.
Also I just figured that Magnaflow cat-back exhaust which I currently have on my ram has 22" muffler which is probably the same or similar to #12589. So the only real difference between your setup and mine is that I don't have resonators.
It is hard to compare a CAT-BACK system to just a muffler swap. The CAT-BACK, as we all know, do not include resonators. The muffler swap retains the factory resonators. By looking at the possibility of using a muffler part number from a CAT-BACK as a muffler swap, you are not looking at the entire picture. Just because a 22" muffler works on the CAT-BACK, it will sound very different than that as a muffler swap. If using the factory resonators, the shorter muffler design has proven to be the better choice if you are looking for a nice rumble and no drone. A longer muffler swap will only diminish the sound. Clearly, none of us are muffler acoustical experts and we need to leave this up to companies like Borla, MF and FM.

I have the B2 Magnaflow and may, one day, decide to get the Borla Touring or Magnaflow CAT-BACK when Black Friday rolls around. However, today, I am happy with the sound and the huge improvement over stock.

pitboss000

Reaction score
Video when possible please....

Videos do not really do this muffler justice. Sounds much better in person.

Congrats! Please share a video.
Also I just figured that Magnaflow cat-back exhaust which I currently have on my ram has 22" muffler which is probably the same or similar to #12589. So the only real difference between your setup and mine is that I don't have resonators.

I still have the option to remove the resonators. I'll let it break in and decide then.

delsonrun

Reaction score
Videos do not really do this muffler justice. Sounds much better in person.

I still have the option to remove the resonators. I'll let it break in and decide then.
Thanks for sharing. I like it, sounds good and quieter than my cat-back. If I get tired from my current setup being a bit loud (for my liking) I will try installing 22" muffler with stock pipes.
Also if you ever decide to get rid of the resonators it will be interesting to hear the result in comparison.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
I know adding one of these mufflers won’t void warranty but if you go with the B2 muffler delete, will that void it?!? I really love the sound of the muffler delete.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

My neighbor has a horrible loud exhaust on his v6 charger. I’m sure they will thank me for a proper sounding exhaust :LOL:
Putting a loud exhaust on a V6 Charger should be a crime...heard one at my local dealer when getting my first oil change and I said to the mechanic, that exhaust sounds like crap! He said, yep...it's a V6 engine not a V8 :D

Jnecco

Reaction score
Hello, after doing some research I chose to go with the Borla touring as it’s loud enough but not overkill, by installing this will it void the warranty?

whetrick1

Reaction score
No my dealership told me they just wouldn't warranty the muffler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score
Thank you

Just ask the service manager mine told me that they would warranty everything except the muffler. But hell I wanted to get that 55 gal drum out from under my truck lol

MrAndrewArnold

Reaction score
I spent hours watching videos with different mufflers, I ended up doing a muffler delete (kept resonators), and I think it sounds fantastic. Got a few compliments on it and they can't believe it was just a delete.

whetrick1

Reaction score
If you like it doesn't really matter what other people say. I've heard some it sounded pretty good.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spent hours watching videos with different mufflers, I ended up doing a muffler delete (kept resonators), and I think it sounds fantastic. Got a few compliments on it and they can't believe it was just a delete.
It’s all in perspective, how’s the drone? Ect ect

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Again all in perspective. Has to be something, my b2 MF makes some noise to me.

kliffy77

Reaction score
From my personal experience with my Ram & my own observation of other Ram’s with exhaust cat-back on them I would say Borla is the best when it comes to overall quality and sound.

Lize

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Borla Atak.

Its loud on cold start but not enough that my close neighbours had noticed it. Good rumble tone when on gas but not loud in the cab during general driving and especially if the radio is on. Cruising at speed you can't really hear it unless accelerating.

I've been driving round with my window cracked open to listen to it (Mopar window visors very good), makes me smile and feels like I'm in a truck.

The only criticism I can think of is that the tips are big and can be seen underneath from the side but only really noticeable if you are looking for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/