5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster...Borla...Magnaflow???

Rambro23

Reaction score
I went with the #19430 Magnaflow and it's perfect to me! Just the right amount of deep, thundering tone i wanted.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Flowmaster bolt on is almost identical to the MF b2 bolt on. Weight should be just about the same

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If you go to Flowmasters website, I believe they list the weight of their mufflers on there.

RichT

Reaction score
22lbs is the Flow fx weight on amazon. Will be interesting to see what the stock comes in at.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd stick with what's proven and known...like Borla, Magnaflow and Flowmaster. Several high performance shops told me that the Magnaflow is a far better product, quality wise, then the Flowmaster and they sell all three. The Borla is the top of the line but you don't see what's underneath the truck anyway so Borla/Magnaflow is really a toss-up based on what you're looking for.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The B2 fab is a fine unit. I’ve had mine for several months now, could not be happier with it. It is very price competitive, install is easy, cost me $40, and the sound is not over the top.

IMO, Those paying for the cat back system, are tossing a perfectly good factory cat back in the trash. The seasoned, experienced guy, that installed my B2, was impressed with the factory exhaust piping.

Everyone has their reasons for modding, if that includes cat back money, so be it. Did not fit my budget.
Did you get the 18in?

porkie

Reaction score
Be prepared to wait. Ordered mine 1/25 and it’s finally being delivered this Wednesday. They took the transaction at the date of the order and not when shipped since it’s coming directly from Magnaflow.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks...I'll be sure to follow up. Magnaflow has in stock so hopefully it wont take too long...

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be prepared to wait. Ordered mine 1/25 and it’s finally being delivered this Wednesday. They took the transaction at the date of the order and not when shipped since it’s coming directly from Magnaflow.
Its shipping out today :)

JayMann

Reaction score
interested in this B2 line... it's a bolt on ?? no need to cut or weld anything, right?

Kntoys

Reaction score
You do have to cut on one end to remove. Then it's bolt on.
I removed the right side, about 3 ft from the tip is a clamp and that side seperates. After that, worked it fwd and out....not too bad. Have still figure out the left tip alignment ugh. Sounds bad azz though. Def old school and not if you want to wake the neighbors

Ram1984

Reaction score
I have a question about the B2 muffler. Are you guys using any hi temp rtv silicone or the copper gasket maker for slip joint exhaust connections or just reusing factory flange gasket before muffler and just the clamp at back of muffler? I always had my muffler welded on previous trucks,,and don’t want any exhaust leaks. Thanks for the info!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online