5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Florida Area Rams

Rockitman2000

Reaction score
Melbourne, FL. Took the pics a couple of weeks ago when I first picked her up. Since then i have added a front license plate holder and tinted the windows. Next week I will have the bed sprayed. RAM2.jpg RAM1.jpg RAM3.jpg

Mother

Reaction score
Anyone in the Orlando area with Billet Silver interested in some bumper plugs? Painted them to match mine recently and just decided to paint the whole pack of plugs because... Why not?

20200613_085107.jpg
20200612_203857.jpg
20200613_090405.jpg

Rons5thgen

Reaction score
Looks nice, but l'm looking for chrome to replace my painted 3500 appearance package. If you find someone, send them my way.

BGC

Reaction score
Anyone in the Orlando area with Billet Silver interested in some bumper plugs? Painted them to match mine recently and just decided to paint the whole pack of plugs because... Why not?

View attachment 59075
View attachment 59076
View attachment 59077
Very nice of you to offer and you did a great job on these - if I had a silver truck I’d love to have them but I have the built to serve black number which is more matte like the rebel or same as the rebel. Can’t seem to find anyone who has thoae
Or what paint to even use.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Mother

Reaction score
How do these hold up in the wash? The other ones I got 2 of them the paint has already fallen off just from normal washing.

I haven't washed them yet so I will have to find out! You're making me nervous... lol. I did clean the surface of the plugs with IPA before painting with the Mopar rattle can of Billet SiIver, followed with Rustoleum Clear Lacquer after a few days of dry time.

How long did yours last? Did you paint them yourself or buy them from someone?

Maybe I need to hang onto my extras as spares! :D

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't washed them yet so I will have to find out! You're making me nervous... lol. I did clean the surface of the plugs with IPA before painting with the Mopar rattle can of Billet SiIver, followed with Rustoleum Clear Lacquer after a few days of dry time.

How long did yours last? Did you paint them yourself or buy them from someone?

Maybe I need to hang onto my extras as spares! :D
I bought them from somebody else. Did you scuff them before applying paint? If so then they should be good. I don't think the guy who made mine did because the whole surface slid off in one piece.

Mother

Reaction score
I bought them from somebody else. Did you scuff them before applying paint? If so then they should be good. I don't think the guy who made mine did because the whole surface slid off in one piece.
I didn't, but they weren't a smooth surface. They had kind of a sandy texture to them, so hopefully it holds on okay.

Stevenwmcgee

Reaction score
So Last August I wanted to purchase a 2019 Limited Red Pre-Owned with low miles, like that was going to happen right. So I did a search of that in the whole US on Auto Trader I live in Clemont FL. 10 showed up in the whole US only 1 red. The red one 5 miles from my house in Clermont FL, Lucky Me.
8AD7BB8F-3E91-496D-A298-4246148C0A45_1_201_a.jpeg

Chuck19

Reaction score
Hey everyone - Apopka, FL new Ram owner here, just got mine a few weeks ago.
I used to live in Apopka when I was in high school! Place has really changed since then. My parents still live there and go back periodically and it’s crazy how busy it is now!

BGC

Reaction score
I used to live in Apopka when I was in high school! Place has really changed since then. My parents still live there and go back periodically and it’s crazy how busy it is now!
Yes, much different I am sure. I didn’t grow up here but even in the several years I’ve been in this area, it’s quite different.

Mother

Reaction score
I emailed a few and ended up driving to Tampa and buying from Jim Browne. Can't say I was that pleased with the dealership experience (mostly finance office issues), but at least I feel like I got a decent deal.

Users who are viewing this thread