5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Mat Recall

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Like most on here My recall notice said they were in stock call dealer. I called dealer, they said they had to order back in early November and would call me! Not herd from them since...lol. My mats were ordered with the truck when I ordered the truck. The favorite thing for my dealer to yell is one of two: 1.Its Normal! 2. National backorder! lmao!

I checked my mats, I can't see in any way shape or form could they ever interfere with any pedals. However, got the letter and tried to get my dealer to schedule the replacement, the parts guy says they are in stock, the service person said we'll call you back. No one has called me back, they suck, FCA dealer network has a lot to be desired when it comes to service work or freaking basic communication. Maybe FCA's nearly bottom dealership satisfaction scores for the last few years will get them to improve it somehow.

I love my truck, but the biggest thing preventing me from getting another RAM in the future isn't the F150 or Silverado, it's the RAM dealer network.

The floor mats are available, they should not be on back order.
If you still need help, feel free to send us a message with your VIN and dealer info.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The floor mats are available, they should not be on back order.
If you still need help, feel free to send us a message with your VIN and dealer info.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Absolutely, they aren't on back order, the parts guy told me that, but the service department doesn't communicate at all. I'll contact you if I can't get through to them one more time - Thank you!

highgear2005

Reaction score
I got my new floor mat this week. The dealer had to order it, and was available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jako

Reaction score
Purchased the floor mats from Rams Are Us a year ago and started communication Nov. 17th to have them replaced and promptly received a reply. Had to return the complete original set. Received a shipping label for Fed Ex Dec 2nd and forwarded a week or so later. Received the mats today.
Had a previous issue where I received 2 of the same side for the rear mats.
Very happy with Rams Are Us

NOTE: Fed Ex - I printed out a bar code for the shipping, Fed Ex could not read the printout and I had left my phone at home which was another option, so it took 2 trips. Also note all Fed Exs can not do the accept delivery with the bar code.
Rams Are Us gave me the option to have the mats picked up but I said I had no problem as Fed Ex was not that far away, of course that was the one that couldn't do the bar code. My first experience with Fed Ex was a little frustrating, not blaming Fed Ex - lesson learned.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got mine replaced today, did take about a week to get it. The parts guy said he had to wait to order as he was only allowed to order so many in a certain amount of time.

Tpreston

Reaction score
I assume they don’t have an exact replacement for Rebel owners with the red ram emblem on the mat. I’ll have to tell the dealer I pass on the replacement mat.
will Probably remove my mat when I go for an oil change Just in case the service department miscommunication like they often tend to do

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I assume they don’t have an exact replacement for Rebel owners with the red ram emblem on the mat. I’ll have to tell the dealer I pass on the replacement mat.

My parts department told me there are three different replacement mats, black, brown and the black with the red ram emblem.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@19BlueStreakSport I'm curious as to your passion for the replacement of your floor mats... do you fear you are in danger? Are you one that needs the free pen at the end of a car rental? Do you demand that chocolate on your pillow every day at the hotel?

My point is that it's not worth the effort. Nothing is wrong with your mat. Someone that should probably not be driving in the first place and should be riding the short bus didn't reinstall their mat correctly after cleaning and had an accident as a result. And rightfully so. This could happen to any driver... FCA has decided to waste money for good PR, I guess.

I told my dealer I opt out, they've called twice and I laughed and said if they called again I would change dealers for service. This is a boondoggle of epic proportions and I, out of practical principles refuse to participate.

I hold nothing against those that comply with the recall, obviously. But I don't understand the slightly paranoid obsession with immediate replacement.
Just check for clearance to the gas pedal every time you drive if it's that concerning.
Like the people driving around with the windows up and a 6 layer facemask on?
Not changing what aint broke, but to each their own.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They ain`t touching my floor mats... just saying.
If you have the regular floor mats (not Rebel ones) with the black ram inserts, if you get a chance take a look at the new mat. It is identical in every way to the old mat except the ribs are away from the gas pedal a little bit further, maybe an inch but I didn't measure. No way would I let them carve up my original mat - I would just keep what I had before I let anyone do that - but as far as functionality the new mat is just as functional, and the way I saw it once they proved to my satisfaction that I was getting just as good of a mat, I ended up with a brand new mat in place of one with 2 years of wear on it :)

I wouldn't run to the dealer to have this recall done, but if they had the replacement mats in hand I would let them change it (again, can't comment on the Rebel if they are a different color). But if they didn't have any mats? I'd keep driving around on my original one because as best as I can tell unless you're a complete idiot I never did see how the gas pedal would get stuck on the ribs. Maybe if you didn't put the mat back in the right way, but I got on the floor and put my pedal all the way down and it wasn't anywhere close to the ribs.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have the regular floor mats (not Rebel ones) with the black ram inserts, if you get a chance take a look at the new mat. It is identical in every way to the old mat except the ribs are away from the gas pedal a little bit further, maybe an inch but I didn't measure. No way would I let them carve up my original mat - I would just keep what I had before I let anyone do that - but as far as functionality the new mat is just as functional, and the way I saw it once they proved to my satisfaction that I was getting just as good of a mat, I ended up with a brand new mat in place of one with 2 years of wear on it :)

I wouldn't run to the dealer to have this recall done, but if they had the replacement mats in hand I would let them change it (again, can't comment on the Rebel if they are a different color). But if they didn't have any mats? I'd keep driving around on my original one because as best as I can tell unless you're a complete idiot I never did see how the gas pedal would get stuck on the ribs. Maybe if you didn't put the mat back in the right way, but I got on the floor and put my pedal all the way down and it wasn't anywhere close to the ribs.
The gas pedal does not come even close to the ribs of the mat. I have to remember to pull it, if I have to take the truck to the dealer.

RamCares

Reaction score
will Probably remove my mat when I go for an oil change Just in case the service department miscommunication like they often tend to do

There are red emblem mats available.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
Took mine in last Friday, ten minutes from getting checked in until they brought my truck back. It had a yellow tag zip tied to the mat that the service advisor said had to be removed by the owner. Here are some
photos of the new one.

Attachments

• 11AC0974-BF1D-404F-AB9D-58B6836493D0.jpeg
    11AC0974-BF1D-404F-AB9D-58B6836493D0.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 47
  • 121E6FAA-44A3-47BA-B9C5-ECA558FBFDCA.jpeg
    121E6FAA-44A3-47BA-B9C5-ECA558FBFDCA.jpeg
    269.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 893F977E-E1AD-4078-8F91-F8730335E187.jpeg
    893F977E-E1AD-4078-8F91-F8730335E187.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 46

Amazing93

Reaction score
Got mine done today. Had to argue a bit when I got there because he wanted me to leave the truck. I was like it's a floormat swap. The gal I made the appointment with said it would be a 10 minute thing. He looked at me like I was a real jerk for suggesting anything could take ten minutes. Then said well with all the traffic we've had today. I said we'll I need to get back to work so can you just hand me the mat and I hand you my old one. He said well I'll ask the shop foreman to expedite you. Anyhow there are 2 differences with the mat that I can see. 1: the ribs are molded further down from the gas pedal. 2: The ribs are now extremely shallow. I'd bet not even 1/4 as high as the previous floor mat.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got mine done today. Had to argue a bit when I got there because he wanted me to leave the truck. I was like it's a floormat swap. The gal I made the appointment with said it would be a 10 minute thing. He looked at me like I was a real jerk for suggesting anything could take ten minutes. Then said well with all the traffic we've had today. I said we'll I need to get back to work so can you just hand me the mat and I hand you my old one. He said well I'll ask the shop foreman to expedite you. Anyhow there are 2 differences with the mat that I can see. 1: the ribs are molded further down from the gas pedal. 2: The ribs are now extremely shallow. I'd bet not even 1/4 as high as the previous floor mat.
Unless they have changed them since I got mine done last month, the ribs should be the same. We (me and the service manager) measured the depth of both and they were exactly the same. You are right about them being further down by the gas pedal, as that was the point of the recall.

I don't remember the measurement, and I don't have the old mat any more, but I will measure the new mat and the passenger mat next time I have a ruler handy.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Unless they have changed them since I got mine done last month, the ribs should be the same. We (me and the service manager) measured the depth of both and they were exactly the same. You are right about them being further down by the gas pedal, as that was the point of the recall.

I don't remember the measurement, and I don't have the old mat any more, but I will measure the new mat and the passenger mat next time I have a ruler handy.
Same here. I didn't notice any difference in the height of the ribs on my new mat. They are the same height as the ribs on the passenger side mat.

Amazing93

Reaction score
So I just measured my ribs. They are about 1/4" on passenger side and maybe 1/16 on driver side. They start off normal height right under gas pedal but quickly taper down to just about flat.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just measured my ribs. They are about 1/4" on passenger side and maybe 1/16 on driver side. They start off normal height right under gas pedal but quickly taper down to just about flat.

So what do you expect your ribs to be? Anatomically Correct? :giggle:

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are right. I didn't measure them everywhere. I looked at them today and that's exactly what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread