5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeling the road through the gas pedal?

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. I've never rotated tires on any vehicle I've ever owned in 35 years, but this is my first Truck. I only have 10800 miles. Tires still look brand new.

Often this will smooth out minor vibrations as the fronts and rears wear differently. If air pressure isn’t monitored closely you can get minor cupping and rotating every 10k will eliminate issues most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
Okay - so preliminary findings...

- vibration is less with the hood up with the intake tube off and decorative plastic off. Maybe the vibration is transferring from intake tube through hood to cabin.

- exhaust vibrates quite a bit, wondering if damper weights near mount points of muffler needed.

- frame is vibrating slightly near cross member by the transfer case. Wondering if weights needed on frame and/or skid plate would help.

- fuel lines undearneath drivers seat vibrating. Perhaps transferring to frame contributing to vibration. More padded heat shield needed, maybe.

Heading to hardware store for experimentation supplies...

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
Hi guys - I think I figured it out! I clamped a weight to the exhaust and it seemed to have disrupted and nearly eliminated the vibrations. I posted in another thread.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I haven’t really noticed anything, but I’ve only had my truck for a month (used). It has 14,700 miles.
Weird that it was the exhaust for you. It that only a problem with the 3.6L?

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
I think the V6 gas and diesel are more likely to suffer from vibrations than the HEMI, but I thought I’d post here as some HEMI guys said they have similar vibration issues. It couldn’t hurt to try for $50.

jkumpeli

Reaction score
I’m told all V6 models vibrate and the uncomfortable vibrations felt through the steering wheel and pedal are normal and the vehicle is operating as designed. After two FCA Customer Care cases, no one has cared and tried to help resolve the problem. Good luck to those that are still trying to find a solution.
so It sounds like I need to accept this. my foot goes numb at those RPM 1700-2000. Such a nice truck except for this annoying issue!

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
so It sounds like I need to accept this. my foot goes numb at those RPM 1700-2000. Such a nice truck except for this annoying issue!
Yep - 100% agree. I’ve added a resonator in the mid pipe and bolted a bunch of damper weights to frame and exaust. It helps, but we shouldn’t have to deal with it. FCA or whomever should research and issue a TSB with a fix. We are stuck with something that definitely overshadows all the positives...

jkumpeli

Reaction score
Did you feel the vibration around 1800 to 2000 rpm or was it always 35 mph? My truck is smooth at 35 mph because it is usually at a low rpm at that speed. I feel the vibration as the rpm approaches 1800 rpm and is gone after 2100 rpm. Speed does not matter only rpm. I am trying to figure out if my problem is the same or not.
I have the exactly same issue on my 2019 Ram, did you get any feedback from the dealer? Curious your plan of action?

Lil'Mike

Reaction score
I took off the running boards and it helped - maybe they were acting like tuning forks…

Johnny Grand

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just curious if anyone got this fixed. Was it the bulletin (noise cancelling flash)? Just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited w/ 29,000 miles and definitely feel it.

Thanks!

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had this problem for a few thousand miles then all of a sudden it miraculously disappeared. Have no idea why. I know this doesn't help but maybe there is a miracle in your future as well.

Luis1275

Reaction score
I guess I don't have a better way to describe this but lately I have been feeling the road or slight vibrations through the gas pedal. At first I thought it was the music or whatnot but with everything turned off I could definitely still feel it. Just makes the ride feel less smooth to me. Anyone have a similar issue or knows what I'm talking about?
Same here. Dealer says it’s normal, but to learn how to say that is a requirement to work at a dealership. Lol

rpcalvert12

Reaction score
2021 limited just bought it, the same issue. i printed the dealer response above, this is very anoying.

Badlilhemi

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but 2024 Hemi Rebel and mine has that fast tingly vibration in the gas pedal and steering wheel.. I noticed it seems worse in the mornings.. Anyone find a final fix?

mwoods269

Reaction score
Just traded (literally last night) my 2022 1500 limited because of etorque battery failing issues, recalls etc. New truck is a 2024 1500 limited, air suspension, night, etc. First thing I noticed on the drive home was vibration in the gas pedal and steering wheel.

This is just rediculous. Now a call to the dealer to deal with their we can’t reproduce BS if I had to bet.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just traded (literally last night) my 2022 1500 limited because of etorque battery failing issues, recalls etc. New truck is a 2024 1500 limited, air suspension, night, etc. First thing I noticed on the drive home was vibration in the gas pedal and steering wheel.

This is just rediculous. Now a call to the dealer to deal with their we can’t reproduce BS if I had to bet.
Maybe the tires arent balanced

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My first thought for any vibration felt through the steering wheel is out of balance wheels. After that there are many possible causes. With a new truck I would probably rule out worn parts but there is still a possibility of other out of balance drive train components such as a drive shaft.

Also, new Rams come with active vibration dampening so there could be a problem with that system causing vibration or failing to cancel it enough. This story says one of the functions of the active vibration dampening is to counter the slight imbalance that occurs within the motor when MDS activates.

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
I had this problem for a few thousand miles then all of a sudden it miraculously disappeared. Have no idea why. I know this doesn't help but maybe there is a miracle in your future as well.
Mine started at 0 miles and went away at 28,000 miles after a service (drive lines, brake fluid, and transfer case). I thought I resolved it. Came back at 30,000 miles. Engine also shutters and jerks back and forth when I tow my 5,000 lbs boat going about 30mph whenever I just started the truck or it’s chilly out.

Users who are viewing this thread