5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeling the road through the gas pedal?

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
I guess I don't have a better way to describe this but lately I have been feeling the road or slight vibrations through the gas pedal. At first I thought it was the music or whatnot but with everything turned off I could definitely still feel it. Just makes the ride feel less smooth to me. Anyone have a similar issue or knows what I'm talking about?

HoustonTA

Reaction score
I do feel it sometimes... Oddly enough, it isn't something that's constant... More sparatic than anything... But definitely something going on...

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
I do feel it sometimes... Oddly enough, it isn't something that's constant... More sparatic than anything... But definitely something going on...

Yes same here. It seems like when it's cooler out for some reason I don't feel it. I don't know. Turning off the vehicle doesn't fix it. It will just go away sometimes.

Tf4971

Reaction score
I guess I don't have a better way to describe this but lately I have been feeling the road or slight vibrations through the gas pedal. At first I thought it was the music or whatnot but with everything turned off I could definitely still feel it. Just makes the ride feel less smooth to me. Anyone have a similar issue or knows what I'm talking about?

I know what you’re talking about. I feel like the vibration in the accelerator pedal on my truck is tied to the motor and increasing the rpm’s. I hope there’s a fix for it. I’ll probably take mine in to have it looked at. It’s probably a minor thing that they won’t be able to duplicate though. I’ll let you know if I find anything out.

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
I know what you’re talking about. I feel like the vibration in the accelerator pedal on my truck is tied to the motor and increasing the rpm’s. I hope there’s a fix for it. I’ll probably take mine in to have it looked at. It’s probably a minor thing that they won’t be able to duplicate though. I’ll let you know if I find anything out.

Yes please let me know what you find out... It also feels like around 35mph I get it pretty consistently.

Axedawg

Reaction score
Started having the same problem a few weeks ago from my Limited I purchased in July. More of an annoyance factor than anything but it is rather bothersome when it appears as the feel of the pedal under your foot was certainly a selling point! Acceleration felt very smooth and controlled and with the transmission you could feel the power but in a great way!

I will be following this thread for hopeful updates and solutions...thanks for introducing this topic issue!

67 RT

Reaction score
Mine does the same. Seems to happen after 30-40 mph. It is very annoying, IMO. It didn’t seem to do this when new, but now it is getting worse.

jniemuth

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I am thinking mine is somewhat related to rpm's. I feel it most when the engine is working at 1200 to 1500 rpm's, almost as if it is "lugging" a little.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have this but am very curious as to how it's happening. These are drive by wire systems so there should only be two ways it's happening as I see it; either mechanical vibration transmitted to the pedal assembly, or electrical feedback into the potentiometer (or whatever's used) in the pedal.
I highly doubt it's an electrical issue so that leaves mechanical vibration probably from whatever's isolating the pedal assembly either not installed or manufactured correctly.
Thoughts?

newram

Reaction score
I have the same vibration on the Limited. Seems to appear between 1500 and 2000 RPMs when slowly accelerating. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn't feel it. However, the Larimie loaner without etorque that they gave me didn't have it at all.

Vesperia2012

Reaction score
Wow this got a lot of responses. Glad I'm not the only one. I'll be calling my dealership tomorrow as this makes for a rather crappy ride for such a sharp looking truck. I'll keep the post updated and look forward to what other feedback people get.

jkratze1

Reaction score
My Laramie does this. It started recently and I have 4800 miles on it now. It is always between 1500 and 2000 rpm when lightly accelerating. It is an annoying problem.

Hammer1

Reaction score
All my Hemi's had this issue. The engine actually gives off a lot of harmonic vibration. If you look at the frame they have isolators all around it or the previous generation did anyway. It's usually worse in MDS mode. There is no fix for this.

jkratze1

Reaction score
All my Hemi's had this issue. The engine actually gives off a lot of harmonic vibration. If you look at the frame they have isolators all around it or the previous generation did anyway. It's usually worse in MDS mode. There is no fix for this.
So this is normal? It does seem that MDS would be active when it is most noticable. Never owned a Hemi powered vehicle before.

jkratze1

Reaction score
Has anyone had this resolved by their dealer? I am afraid this may be a characteristic of the truck in cooler weather. I tried changing tire pressure but no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread