5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falcon - Teraflex Kit out

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, do you have a 1500 DT showing these installed ?

Hallbag

Reaction score
I was just posting the email that Anthony from Falcon sent me. I had emailed them/icon/etc back in Dec to see what the timelines were for these, and he responded today.

$1529 seems a bit of a stretch to me vs the icon stage 1 but you will get a true 2.25" level on these vs the coilover setup, plus the versatility of those adjustable rears for those who tow a lot.

Todd1500

Reaction score
Is this the system that the TFLTruck YouTube channel used on their "Rebel Rouser" project truck? If so, there's plenty of footage on this system on their channel.

cmatt4775

Reaction score
Yeah, seems a bit pricey, if carli stays in same price range as the 2018 kits it’s only 1900 for coil overs, rear springs and shocks and few other parts.

curious if this kit is worth the 1500 price tag

Bluelinebuild

Reaction score
So looking it states it fits 2019+ 5th gen rebel and then goes on to say 2019+ 5th gen does NOT fit...any reason why it would not work on a non rebel 1500 or am I missing something?

7amada

Reaction score
So the big question is .... will it raise the rebel 2.25” or sonce we have aftermarket suspension we only get 1.25” ??

Hallbag

Reaction score
It’s the full 2.25” since it uses the Rebel shocks which is where the lift comes from I am pretty sure.

Hallbag

Reaction score
I’ll leave it to smarter folks than I to really confirm but my understanding is that the Rebels and ORGs get their lift from a larger spring (strut length is the same), so by this package being just struts and not full coil overs, you would gain the full amount of lift. Whereas coil over setup like icon or king replaces the front spring with a “normal” size spring in the front but re-uses the larger spring in the rears, resulting in less than full lift. Look at the pics of the white Rebel on icon’s site and you’ll see it still has some rake.

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$1529 seems a bit of a stretch to me vs the icon stage 1 but you will get a true 2.25" level on these vs the coilover setup, plus the versatility of those adjustable rears for those who tow a lot.

This. The icon setup is more bang for the buck here IMO. But I wonder how much discount you could find on either....

Reaction score
Had them for a week now. All I can say is truck is on rails now. Very confidence inspiring on sweeping and twisty roads. The little amount of off-road and snow was awesome.

Truck setup with Level setting and 1.5" Spacer in back to maintain a slight rake. Helps with the lights projection as well.

Tires are Cooper AT3 Xlt 285 /65/20 with no rubbing.

No regrets with the simple level combination

20200229_115820.jpg

20200301_145624-jpg.48357
20200229_121944.jpg

Attachments

• 20200301_145624.jpg
    20200301_145624.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 1,732
  • 20200229_115836.jpg
    20200229_115836.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 159

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had them for a week now. All I can say is truck is on rails now. Very confidence inspiring on sweeping and twisty roads. The little amount of off-road and snow was awesome.

Truck setup with Level setting and 1.5" Spacer in back to maintain a slight rake. Helps with the lights projection as well.

Tires are Cooper AT3 Xlt 285 /65/20 with no rubbing.

No regrets with the simple level combination

View attachment 48374

20200301_145624-jpg.48357
View attachment 48358
Please explain your full setup.

Reaction score
Please explain your full setup.

Rampat

Are you messing with the newbie? :} Nothing is different than the my post. Falcon set on "Level" setting. 1.5 spacer on the rear to maintain a slight rake. That is it. 285/65/20 running 40 psi which I might lower the psi to soften it just little for slower speeds. But anything over 40 mph everything really smooths out nicely. This is my first rear coil suspension rig and it felt a little loose and springy in the rear with the stock setting. I suspect any decent aftermarket shocks will improve this rebound dampening from stock. In the stock setting could feel the road lane separators/ delineators in different way than my previous F-150. Thought it was odd for slight loose feeling changing lanes. Little things you notice right away how planted truck rides and tracks. The lane separated are not even present now. Eventually plan on putting a camper shell on which I think will only smooth it out even more overall. Anyhow they are little spendy but believe they will be a good long term investment for these awesome trucks.

Hallbag

Reaction score
Rampat

Are you messing with the newbie? :} Nothing is different than the my post. Falcon set on "Level" setting. 1.5 spacer on the rear to maintain a slight rake. That is it. 285/65/20 running 40 psi which I might lower the psi to soften it just little for slower speeds. But anything over 40 mph everything really smooths out nicely. This is my first rear coil suspension rig and it felt a little loose and springy in the rear with the stock setting. I suspect any decent aftermarket shocks will improve this rebound dampening from stock. In the stock setting could feel the road lane separators/ delineators in different way than my previous F-150. Thought it was odd for slight loose feeling changing lanes. Little things you notice right away how planted truck rides and tracks. The lane separated are not even present now. Eventually plan on putting a camper shell on which I think will only smooth it out even more overall. Anyhow they are little spendy but believe they will be a good long term investment for these awesome trucks.

Also posted in another thread but asking here: Last check-in before I hopefully pull the trigger today: How are they on-road? I'm trusting that all the brands (icon, falcon, king) will be amazing off-road and will all do a great job of absorbing the bumps at high speed/not bottoming out/good firm and stable track. How are they during daily driving though? I don't want to bounce the wife and kids through the roof with my 80% on-road driving just to feel a bit better than stock on the off-road stuff or when towing. Low speed bumps, around town I assume are worse but are they BANG/JOSTLE worse or just stiff feeling? Anything highway I expect it to be stable and absorb the road due to high speed dampening?

Users who are viewing this thread