5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falcon - Teraflex Kit out

Ccheng23

Reaction score
So, looking at all these I'm real convinced on getting the falcon kit instead of something like a ready lift level... I'm also guessing that I don't have to worry about cv angles and stuff with 2-2.5 inches. I don't want to cheap out on a new Rebel, but at the same time it's a grand difference basically. I don't know what to do

Cease11

Reaction score
So, looking at all these I'm real convinced on getting the falcon kit instead of something like a ready lift level... I'm also guessing that I don't have to worry about cv angles and stuff with 2-2.5 inches. I don't want to cheap out on a new Rebel, but at the same time it's a grand difference basically. I don't know what to do
I just got a stage 2 icon and love it. That’s another option to check out.

NHjake98

Reaction score
I checked with Falcon regarding the UCA angle before I installed mine and they said it keeps the same geometry as stock. I checked after the install and they were correct. No need to replace your UCA's.

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to all of this so forgive my ignorance here, but I'm curious. Would there be any reason to get this kit in addition to an airbag setup? Something like the Air Lift Load Lifters? Would they help each other or would one render the other useless?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to all of this so forgive my ignorance here, but I'm curious. Would there be any reason to get this kit in addition to an airbag setup? Something like the Air Lift Load Lifters? Would they help each other or would one render the other useless?
You'd most likely want to do one or the other. That's what I was debating earlier this week, and I decided to go with airbags. I'd feel bad pulling out brand new, very comfortable Bilsteins from my Rebel.

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
You'd most likely want to do one or the other. That's what I was debating earlier this week, and I decided to go with airbags. I'd feel bad pulling out brand new, very comfortable Bilsteins from my Rebel.
What if you're not in a rebel but just a stock 1500 Laramie? Think it would still be one or the other?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're not going to get as much benefit out of either one if you do both. I couldn't find an absolute answer, but I'm assuming you'll have at least some sag with the Falcon kit if you have, say, max payload in the bed. At that point you'd want the airbags to level it out. I had a riding mower in the bed yesterday, and I could tell it was sagging even with that small amount. I think at that point the Falcon's would handle it no problem, so you'd just have useless airbags that aren't needed. My thought process was "$1500 is a lot to spend when really all I want is what a set of $500 airbags and compressor can get me."

Reaction score
Update after 2000 miles and added shell. The Falcons feel like they are getting better with few more miles. Could be my imagination or I'm acclimating to it. . Certain adding the shell and maintaining the 35 PSI has contributed as well. Bumpy sweeping turns, on ramps etc... the Falcons really shine.

Would be interesting to hear someone put the Falcon clip setting in the stock position and toss them on a 4"-6" suspension lift kit. I suspect it would be sweet overland set up.

Attachments

• 20200408_102917.jpg
    20200408_102917.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 20200408_103919.jpg
    20200408_103919.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 233

DeDax

Reaction score
What size wheel/tire combos are everyone running w/ the Falcon set up? I see a lot of you Rebel's are still running factory 18's or aftermarket 18's. I am really like the 20x9 Fuel Shok in +1 offset. But tire sizing with the falcon set up has me baffled.

Also, to the experts. Considering the ORP springs w/ the falcons, any pro's/cons?

Phoon

Reaction score
What size wheel/tire combos are everyone running w/ the Falcon set up? I see a lot of you Rebel's are still running factory 18's or aftermarket 18's. I am really like the 20x9 Fuel Shok in +1 offset. But tire sizing with the falcon set up has me baffled.

Also, to the experts. Considering the ORP springs w/ the falcons, any pro's/cons?
do you have photos with the Fuel Shok?

DeDax

Reaction score
I don't have them. But they are 99% my wheel choice when I do upgrade.

pjz

Reaction score
Adding to the feedback. Got a little shy of 2" on my Laramie. The handling is much improved and happy with the set up so far. Haven't towed anything yet to test the rear adjustments. I dont find the ride that stiff with the shell plus a bed slide in the back. The extra weight is probably helping. Not the best pics, but before and after with rebel wheels and stock duratracs. Have replaced them with Cooper AT3s 295/70/18. Those tires are supposed to 34.3 but true height mounted is about 33.3. Taller than the duratracs but no where near there stated height. I have Wildpeaks on my Jeep JK and they are much closer to stated height. Very happy with the shocks and Cooper tires. My goals were leveling, comfort, stock look and a better handling truck - the teraflex set up accomplished everything for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2313.jpeg
    IMG_2313.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_4129.jpeg
    IMG_4129.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 228

NHjake98

Reaction score
I am also very happy with the ride and handling of the Falcon shocks too. My stance has always been that if you advertise 2.25", you should delivery 2.25". I guess it is just the principle of the whole thing for me!

Zoompastu

Reaction score
I bought a Motofab half inch top hat spacer. It’s slips right over the top of the shock mount. It was 20 bucks off Amazon. I have the off-road package and the technician and I were surprised as to how much of a visual difference it made. If you want a little more height just throw that on top of the Falcons since it uses the factory top hat.

I’m really leaning towards the Falcons. I had 5100s on the last truck. Can anyone comment between the two of those?

Users who are viewing this thread