Factory Paint Blemishes: What Should I Ask To Be Done?

mikerbahn

Reaction score
Absolutely, not saying that is your case, but just want to point out it's common. Damage after a vehicle leaves the manufacturer, whether during transport to dealerships or at dealerships themselves. Dented or heavily scratched body panels that need a body shop repair/respray, spot repair and PDR. Happens all the time.
Yeah, I can only imagine. Its not like they wrap these things in bubble wrap until the new owner takes delivery.

Ch28

Reaction score
My truck was at delear for a month waiting on a part. Noticed the attached pic while washing it today. Never noticed that before and pretty sure i would've since i wax my truck 3x a year. Taking it in tomorrow so they can look at it. Cant tell if thats "bubbling" or if they damaged it and globbed paint on it. 20191122_144818.jpg

derp

Reaction score
Ask for the factory paint workers to be loaded into a elon rocket and fired into the surface of the sun.

jcarcueva

Reaction score
Hello mikerbahn,

Please be sure to keep us updated on how your dealer appointment goes. If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, please know that our team would be more than happy to help! We are just a private message away.

Mark
RamCares
I am going through the same process with my 2020 Ram Sport. It has been approved through warranty and I will be dropping off my truck at Coquitlam Chrysler Dodge on Monday, November 25th.

mikerbahn

Reaction score
I am going through the same process with my 2020 Ram Sport. It has been approved through warranty and I will be dropping off my truck at Coquitlam Chrysler Dodge on Monday, November 25th.
What did they offer? A re-spray, or are they going to wet sand/buff it out?

Ch28

Reaction score
Mine is also being covered by warranty. I believe they said they would sand it out repaint then clear coat the whole panel to blend it in.

RamCares

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is also being covered by warranty. I believe they said they would sand it out repaint then clear coat the whole panel to blend it in.
Hi jcarcueva & Ch28,

I'm sorry to hear that you both are experiencing paint concerns with your trucks. If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealers, we are just a PM away and more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Site Vendors